• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

One tiny tweak could change the whole game

Leebles

Bells
Switch
1225-2482-9233
I'm really hesitant to rehaul my island because there are lots of rare hybrids that I can't throw into storage like I could back in New Leaf times. What I really wish I could do is bring 5 rare hybrids to Leif so that he could make, say, a blue rose starter bag from them. That way I could store the starters, really get to work ripping up my island, and then replant a hybrid garden using the bags. I am actually getting mad thinking about how useful this could be.

By the way, speaking of terraforming, the thing I don't have which would require a lot of restructuring to achieve is some kind of overlook. People who have overlooks: Are they worth it? If you ever made an overlook do you still enjoy it months later?

Hybrids are not that tough to get back if you're able to trade; otherwise you can just put them in a corner of your island and move them around as needed. There are many other QOL improvements that would have been more helpful than storing hybrids. I'm happy that I can now store DIYs as that was a big obstacle for me getting a 5 star rating on my island.

You can place them on your beach while you work on your island. Beaches are big enough to store at least a couple of hybrids, and thanks to the cloning mechanic, you can even just keep a single flower and you'll get more later (and if you set the Beautiful ordinance, you'll get thousands in no time).

I agree. Yeah, you can move them around your island but it's annoying. It would be much easier if you could just store them until you need them again.

Having the Terraforming app work very similar to the Designer tool when you're designing villager client homes at the Resort. Seriously that feature is so awesome that it makes me not wanna use terraforming as much.

Thats a great idea, i really wish they’d implement that, what a space saver!

I wish they would implement something like that. Luckily on this forum there are people who are literally giving away hybrids because they have too many. So I'd just check Nooks Cranny when you're looking to re-focus on flowers and I'm sure people will be willing to gift you some. I would def give you some!

Yeah there are workarounds the OP's dilemma, but what they suggest is a great idea. Some people can't afford online membership to trade or offload their stuff. This game is bogged down with a lot of issues that could be fixed with simple QoL updates. And this one sounds so amazing. Also storing flowers would be a huge time and space saver.

Back