Official Computer Science / Programming Languages Thread

I've been studying on Computer Science Technology while I was still at the cegep, and it indeed have quite a fair amount of programming to do. Of all the programming languages I've done so far, we learned about Pascal, Java, Javascript, Visual Basic, HTML, CSS and PHP.

Being a great coder doesn't just have to know how a programming language operates. Creativity and problem-solving ability are essential in order to be successful in programming anything. Paradoxically, laziness is a good thing here, because they'd prefer to write a program that won't be overly complex and will definitely save time. For example, if some enterprise asked me to create a specific program that I've already made before, I could just copy most of the coding I've done and adjust them accordingly to their needs.

Last edited:
I semi regret picking advertising arts. still have few month maybe I will take entrance exam on January.

I'm applying next year to a media school to study IT. I haven't really done any programming yet other than a short course I had on web pages. It was really basic and lasted only one period... so yeah. But I seemed to pick up the subject quick and actually enjoyed it.
For the past year or so I've been trying to force myself to practice programming on my free time but I just kinda lack motivation.

I've been studying on Computer Science Technology while I was still at the cegep, and it indeed have quite a fair amount of programming to do. Of all the programming languages I've done so far, we learned about Pascal, Java, Javascript, Visual Basic, HTML, CSS and PHP.

Being a great coder doesn't just have to know how a programming language operates. Creativity and problem-solving ability are essential in order to be successful in programming anything. Paradoxically, laziness is a good thing here, because they'd prefer to write a program that won't be overly complex and will definitely save time. For example, if some enterprise asked me to create a specific program that I've already made before, I could just copy most of the coding I've done and adjust them accordingly to their needs.

I like your point about being a great coder. I feel like I have a lot of the problem solving side down while design is something I'll have to practice at. I know I'm actually decent at it compared to a lot, but I could do a lot better. I have a feeling my problem solving will always be one of my best traits.

bump pls

I'm buying a Raspberry Pi and I'm thinking about building it into a portable emulator station.

bump pls

I'm buying a Raspberry Pi and I'm thinking about building it into a portable emulator station.

I've been thinking about building a HTPC... it seems like a lot of work to get all the disparate sources of media my roommates and I have centralized. The kind of work that drives me up the wall.

Of course I'd have several types of emulators on it, too. :p I wanna play Earthbound on my roommate's 70-inch display.

I've been thinking about building a HTPC... it seems like a lot of work to get all the disparate sources of media my roommates and I have centralized. The kind of work that drives me up the wall.

Of course I'd have several types of emulators on it, too. :p I wanna play Earthbound on my roommate's 70-inch display.

that's sorta like a media PC right? That sounds really cool. I'm planning on putting GBA and N64 games on my emulator station and I have 2 MadCatz controllers to connect to it.

I only know HTML and CSS. I've been practicing building professional and responsive website layouts since those are pretty much mandatory nowadays. Mostly everything is self taught but I did take a few college courses on the subject.

I'd really like to learn java and PHP someday in order to spruce up my website layouts I create.

Back