• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

obscure / niche games u really enjoy

The Ace Combat games are great. The only two I've played are Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (Xbox 360) and Assault Horizon Legacy (3DS) but I thoroughly enjoyed both of them, although I never did manage to finish Ace Combat 6 (I'm pretty sure I was on one of the final missions, which was giving me a ton of trouble at the time).
I'm not sure if you were paying attention to the soundtrack while playing the missions in 6, but you should DEFINITELY listen to this: Liberation of Gracemaria.

• Love
Reactions: Bui
I'm not sure if you were paying attention to the soundtrack while playing the missions in 6, but you should DEFINITELY listen to this: Liberation of Gracemaria.
Wow, that brought back a lot of memories! At the time I played Ace Combat 6 I didn't really pay much attention to soundtracks in games I played unlike I do today, but I remember that game's soundtrack in particular sticking out to me almost right away, and I spent a lot of time in each mission listening to the songs. That game had an all-around great soundtrack.

I really like some of these peaceful "do nothing" type games that most people view as being essentially "lame".

Like...I recently went through Gamepass on Xbox and downloaded three games. One was 'Moonglow Bay', which is a relaxing fishing/cooking type sim. I like it well enough. Another is this game called 'Lake'...which I haven't played yet, but it seems very relaxed also. And the third was this game called 'Unpacking'...which is quite literally a puzzle game where you unpack boxes and find appropriate places for everything that you have unpacked. Man...I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this stupid game. Who knew that something so pointless would bring me such a feeling of tranquility. Lol.

I came across this thread earlier, but I finally have a game to mention. It just popped into my head randomly after being one of my favorite games growing up. I had so many memories with My Sims. It’s very similar to the DLC for New Horizons where you’re designing homes for people. I think it’s very similar to Animal Crossing that anyone who enjoys this franchise will enjoy My Sims. I know this game is over a decade old but it aged well, in my opinion. It’s still a fun game. It’s for the Nintendo Wii. This game was literally my childhood.
I never knew what that game was called, FINALLY, thank you!! I borrowed it from the video library, and I kind of liked it, but forgot about it after I returned it, lol.

I'm unsure if it's really obscure but unless I'm specifically looking into the community I don't see much for it, but I love a game called Rimworld. It's basically a survival colony sim where you have to keep a group alive against the 'story teller' of your choice, the story teller will try to destroy your colony by sending in raids from other factions, insects and large mechanoid clusters, it's your goal to get off of the planet, but I think it's more common to just keep the colony going until you can't anymore. It's really easy for me to get lost in for a couple hours and I've stayed up way too late plenty of times because of it.

I also think 'World of Zoo' on the wii is pretty obscure, I would play it for hours on end when I was younger, it was just a zoo sim where you could make your own animals, I remember the croc exhibit being a favorite. I found out a bit ago that there is actually a PC port of it, but it's actually worse than the wii version because it's unfinished, I think the studio working on it was disbanded before the PC port was actually finished so it's more like a tech demo of the wii version. I don't see really anyone bring this game up and I couldn't find music for it the other day.

I also love Cake Mania, and one I see almost no one really mention is a game called Insaniquarium? That game is my childhood, specifically the Deluxe version of the game, it was a fish survival game sort of? you had to raise a tank of fish until you were able to buy a pet egg to end the level.

I also love Cake Mania, and one I see almost no one really mention is a game called Insaniquarium? That game is my childhood, specifically the Deluxe version of the game, it was a fish survival game sort of? you had to raise a tank of fish until you were able to buy a pet egg to end the level.
Insaniquarium is another great game as well and I lost a lot of time to that one. PopCap games made a lot of really good games before they were bought out by EA, such as Insaniquarium, Zuma, and my personal favorite of theirs Plants vs Zombies. I don't know if I could really consider that last one to be obscure though.

Thats easy its going to have to be twewy from me like it really does deserve all the love that it does get and as the prince would say f this series to high heaven

Back