• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

obscure / niche games u really enjoy

axaniao

previously ecstasy
Bells
Switch
8356-0736-5695
Island
Alternia
Dreamy Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
My Melody Easter Egg
Blue Junimo Easter Egg
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Space Whale Plush
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pink Moon Jellyfish
what r some obscure or niche games u rlly enjoy? talk abt them here. feel free to recommend them to ppl too

for me thats Dayshift at Freddy's which is an fnaf fangame. i feel like its pretty obscure / niche and if i made a thread abt it noone would care so instead i made a general thread abt these kinda games
dsaf is so damn good. the series which spans 3 games is a really really good mix of humor and deep lore and i highly recommend it if ur ok with vulgar language and humor. (the humor isnt exclusively vulgar, tho. its very funny imo, but if the humor isnt for u theres still a very deep and amazing storyline)
dsaf 3 is definitely the best one out of all of them in terms of story and character interactions and that mix of humor and lore. the first game is just a ****post really, the 2nd game is where it starts picking up. but if u play it i recommend playing in order. (Also yes thats what my pfp and sig is from)

id go on more but i dont wanna go overboard 😅 id love 2 read abt niche and obscure games u enjoy

One of my favorite games that I played for countless hours is Pocket Card Jockey on the 3DS. It somehow blends fast-paced solitaire and horse racing and it was super addictive haha.

One rather odd series of games I really enjoy is on the 3DS eShop, with the long-winded title "I am an Air Traffic Controller: Airport Hero." It's a kind of puzzle game where you take the role of an air traffic controller (or rather, several controllers) at one of 3 airports (each airport is its own game), controlling arrivals, departures, and all ground traffic in a set of increasingly difficult levels. The best part of these games though, is their practically infinite replay value. They have a built-in camera function that allows you to scan any QR code, which it uses to generate a new level for you. The games are a bit pricey when not on sale, but I still found them to be worth every penny (maybe not the Hawaii one though, which is the first in the 3DS series and is by far the roughest of the three).

I've said this MULTIPLE times on other threads, but a game that I will swear by until my death is Backyard Baseball '09 for the Nintendo DS. I won't play any sports games unless they have Mario in them (lol), but this game is SO GOOD. My dad originally had it, but I just kinda stole it from him because I enjoyed it so much. I'm curious to see if I can find it back at home with the rest of his old DS stuff.

Toy Story 3 on the DS. I love all the Toy Story Movies so I love this one! 3 is my favorite movie as well soo YAY

Here comes a bombardment of DS games.

Idk how obscure this is, but I've never heard anyone mention Another Code: Two Memories on the DS. As a kid I super enjoyed mystery puzzle games, and I actually cried a little at the ending of the game despite it being a little short.

Chocobo Tales on the DS is another good game; I don't think I've ever played the Final Fantasy main games, but the Chocobo Tales spin-off is so cute. I remember putting in hours of gameplay so I could complete the cards. It's like Yugioh but cute. I might actually play it again!

Does anyone know Drawn to Life? SUPER cute game on the DS, a little like Scribblenauts if I remember correctly, but it has a very, very emotional story plot. This is one of the rare games I actually get to hear a whole ass song in the ending. It's so, so, so criminally underrated. (The video has spoilers for the game, but if you aren't really compelled to play the game it, I suggest watching the video!)

i was also going to say drawn to life, but the sequel, drawn to life: the next chapter. i played it without ever playing the original, and it works pretty well as a standalone game imo since i never had any trouble understanding the storyline or the characters etc. nobody i've ever met seems to have heard of the game, let alone played it, but it's so good. it's probably one of my favorite games of all time if only for the ending, which sucker punched 12 year old me right in the emotions with no warning. it seems to be a bit of a controversial one among fans, but i personally never felt like it was a cop-out, and it made perfect sense in hindsight looking at the rest of the story, and the song. oh my god, the song. easily one of my favorite songs of all time, and there's another song in the middle of the game that's also really good and based on an emotional plot in one of the areas. cannot recommend this game enough to anyone who's interested. it's a drawing based platformer, but it has cute presets if you're not an artist like i never was lol.

I came across this thread earlier, but I finally have a game to mention. It just popped into my head randomly after being one of my favorite games growing up. I had so many memories with My Sims. It’s very similar to the DLC for New Horizons where you’re designing homes for people. I think it’s very similar to Animal Crossing that anyone who enjoys this franchise will enjoy My Sims. I know this game is over a decade old but it aged well, in my opinion. It’s still a fun game. It’s for the Nintendo Wii. This game was literally my childhood.

-rusty’s real deal baseball: this 3ds game was released in august of 2014 for north america so i got it around this time. the whole game is mini game based, it’s free to play at first, but to progress in the plot you need to make purchases on more mini games with real life money. the game gives you one mini game to play when you first start and you can still continuously play it. i ended up buying a second mini game, and as you imagine, i never really got far.
i have no idea how obscure this game is, but i did a forum search and it’s only been mentioned once on here.

-race to the line: it’s also for 3ds and i think i got it in around 2015. this game is DEFINITELY obscure, but i can see why because it’s nothing special. you basically race cpu’s around a track, you can race around tracks that have famous landmarks and that’s pretty much it. i still enjoy the game though.

I came across this thread earlier, but I finally have a game to mention. It just popped into my head randomly after being one of my favorite games growing up. I had so many memories with My Sims. It’s very similar to the DLC for New Horizons where you’re designing homes for people. I think it’s very similar to Animal Crossing that anyone who enjoys this franchise will enjoy My Sims. I know this game is over a decade old but it aged well, in my opinion. It’s still a fun game. It’s for the Nintendo Wii. This game was literally my childhood.
MY SIMS ON THE WII LOOKS AMAZING. I NEED THIS GAME. I wanted to get it like 2 years ago but then I decided to buy this lot of like 10 Sanrio games on eBay so maybe I should get My Sims soon!!

One of my favorite games that I played for countless hours is Pocket Card Jockey on the 3DS. It somehow blends fast-paced solitaire and horse racing and it was super addictive haha.
oh my god i absolutely adore that game thats the only solitaire i play
omg i remember having one of the my sims games for the ds i think it was my sims kingdom

omg i remember having one of the my sims games for the ds i think it was my sims kingdom
My Sims Kingdom and My Sims Agents were actually disappointing games to me. I don’t know. They don’t compare to the original My Sims.

MY SIMS ON THE WII LOOKS AMAZING. I NEED THIS GAME. I wanted to get it like 2 years ago but then I decided to buy this lot of like 10 Sanrio games on eBay so maybe I should get My Sims soon!!
It really is a great game. I remember playing it religiously when I was younger. If you like Animal Crossing, you’ll love My Sims.

I would say Cake Mania, I don't really know how to explain it but you make cakes for customers and you have to earn a certain amount of money in order to advance to the next month (level). I played a bit yesterday and I still can't get past October, I'm always $50 short of advancing. D:

Reactions: Bui
I would say Cake Mania, I don't really know how to explain it but you make cakes for customers and you have to earn a certain amount of money in order to advance to the next month (level). I played a bit yesterday and I still can't get past October, I'm always $50 short of advancing. D:
I love Cake Mania! It's been a long while since I've played it, but I do have it on Steam. Maybe I'll install it again and give it another go once my new hard drive gets here. I've made it as far as the final set of levels in the last world, but it gets so hectic and fast paced that I've never managed to fully beat the game before.

If you're still having trouble getting past October, you might be able to squeeze out a few extra dollars if you have the display case unlocked by making and placing a double-layer cake (plus a topper if you have them unlocked) on it at the start of the level before it gets too busy. Customers have a small chance at ordering whatever is on display, and since you can just serve them the cake directly from the case it can also net you some extra tip money. Otherwise, cupcakes and the TV are your best bet to keep tips high, but with those try to prioritize the impatient customer types by using them immediately before giving them their cakes.

Candies n' Curses

an iOS/Android rogue-lite that has great build customization, high skill ceiling game-play, and creative level design

Jenny LeClue on the switch! Omg it's so much fun. It's a little indie game. The second game is currently in progress. I couldn't recommend this game enough.

Mibibli’s Quest is a very fun 2D platformer with excellent music, tight controls, and (mostly) solid level design. The only things holding the game back are the inability to pause the game and the fact you can’t use a controller. Otherwise this game is at the same level as other modern classics like Shovel Knight.

Hypnagogia: Boundless Dreams is a new favorite. You can explore worlds based on the developer’s dreams. Some are surreal and pleasant, while others are genuinely scary. There’s also secret worlds you can access if you search hard enough. My only gripe is that you beat the game in a few hours. For $10 I thought there would’ve been a little more. If you can it on sale though, Hypnagogia: Boundless Dreams is a huge recommendation.

header.jpg

I don't think it's obscure, but rather a niche one: The Ace Combat series. Admittedly, I only played one game which is Ace Combat X - Skies of Deception, but I had lots of fun playing it. The game series is mostly about flying airplanes and defeating enemies with some having fictional superweapons. I'd love to get into the series more as I keep hearing good things about other games from there. Along with some memes lol.

I don't think it's obscure, but rather a niche one: The Ace Combat series. Admittedly, I only played one game which is Ace Combat X - Skies of Deception, but I had lots of fun playing it. The game series is mostly about flying airplanes and defeating enemies with some having fictional superweapons. I'd love to get into the series more as I keep hearing good things about other games from there. Along with some memes lol.
The Ace Combat games are great. The only two I've played are Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (Xbox 360) and Assault Horizon Legacy (3DS) but I thoroughly enjoyed both of them, although I never did manage to finish Ace Combat 6 (I'm pretty sure I was on one of the final missions, which was giving me a ton of trouble at the time).

Back