• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

New WEATHER Conditions!

Khaelis

Bell Tree Forum's Resident Hybrid Addict
Bells
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Toy Hammer
Honestly, I have no clue if a thread related to this has been posted yet, but I would absolutely LOVE to see new weather conditions in the newest Animal Crossing game.

I would love to wake up in the morning, and boot up Animal Crossing Switch to be greeted to a sudden wind storm in the Spring or Autumn or a blizzard in Winter. Heck, even a heat wave in Summer!

It is one of my big wants. I know often different weather other than sunny can be annoying to some, so it would be cool if we could pick how drastic it could be in some way.

Last edited:
I'd love foggy weather personally. Like at night/early morning there's a thick mist all through the village

I agree with the fog suggestion! It would be really cool and fit a lot of town themes well.

This is also something I'm hoping for. Fog is a great idea. I'm also in favour of storms. They can occur in every season and I'd love to see the wind in the trees, flowers and grass. Maybe even work with wind directions, like have it (slightly) affect your walking speed. I know that can be a little annoying, but it would feel real. And I imagine the storms wouldn't happen that often.

I feel like they already started to add heat levels in new leaf (when you fan yourself during summer if you're wearing long sleeves), but I agree other weather types would be excellent! I would also be a fan of aftereffects of weather, such as puddles forming. During storms, pwps could also be affected (such as the wind turbine spinning faster).

I definitely would like to see more movement (wind) in the next game, like the stirring of leaves on trees or kicking up some sand on the beach. Hail storms and heat waves would also be a neat addition too!

One weather effect that I think would be really neat to see in the game would be frost in the nights/mornings in late autumn/early spring. It would lightly cover the grassy areas and surfaces.

I'd love foggy weather personally. Like at night/early morning there's a thick mist all through the village

Oh, I love the idea of foggy weather! I could imagine it with a combination of winter weather,
like at first it gets foggy and then a heavy snow storm comes up. I think foggy weather would
also fits pretty good at Halloween, like at night time, there is fog and you and your villagers are
getting scared when shadows in the fog pops up. That would be cool.

What I also hope is that cloudy weather gets an update. Like at summer time, when it gets cloudy
around the time when the sun goes down, the clouds shimmer more in orange or pink-ish for example.
Wind is also something I would like to see in the new game.

Fog would be so cool to have, while there is a kinda fog on rare days, it doesnt last long and could really use to be more foggy. A thick fog with low visibility would be awesome.

I would also like to see the ocean become more rough in storms, possibly washing up stuff like more shells, note in the bottle -I know this is in NL, but it was in WW and I would like to see it brought back- fruits like coconuts, and other little treasures and knick-knacks. Maybe like little pirate coins from a sunken ship that we can collect. Idk. Also leaves gettin blown in the wind would be cool to see.

On the subject of server weather, I want the animals to be more interactive with weather changes. Like of it's a blizzard or hurricane, then more animals stating inside their house because the weather is so bad outside.

If we did have more drastic weather added it would be interesting if the bulletin board or a letter was sent with a warning a few days in advance kind of like with season changes.
Or maybe introduce new NPCs for this purpose!!! Like a bunch of siblings or a small family that each signify one of the different types of storms/weather and you can find one walking around 3 days before the storm happens. If you dont want it to happen you ignore them and if you talk to them they warn you of a storm and the day it will happen. And maybe they can appear again that day to help you do tasks to make sure everyone is safe?

Last edited:
Awesome idea! It would be cool to see that. I would like to see how the villager reacts to the weather when they either come out of a building or their house like, if the weather is really snowy, your villager will shiver a bit.

Thunderstorms!
Windy!
Heck even hail.

I want consistent weather too. We usually get one day of rain, then nothing. Snow is different but I would enjoy 2-3 days of rain.
I am all for this.

What about a blizzard....
was going to suggest natural disaters but no

Thunderstorms!
Windy!
Heck even hail.

I want consistent weather too. We usually get one day of rain, then nothing. Snow is different but I would enjoy 2-3 days of rain.
I am all for this.
Imagine fainting and waking by your house everytime hail drops on your head

Really off topic here, but this lowkey has happened to me IRL. Golf ball sized hail smacks me on the back of the neck. Left a nasty bruise. Really hurt.

:(

Really off topic here, but this lowkey has happened to me IRL. Golf ball sized hail smacks me on the back of the neck. Left a nasty bruise. Really hurt.

:(
Ouch! Good thing it didn’t land on your head though, right?

Living in Florida, the times we do get hail is mild to sometimes a little bit dangerous (from pea sized to golf ball size...never softball though...that is dangerous), and usually carry a umbrella or seek coverage under tress or stay at home

Back