New WEATHER Conditions!

How about scary nights like the return of ghosts and spirits. OoOoOoOoOoOo

isnt that halloween?
No, I mean real ghosts. Not neighbors in halloween costumes. You ever played the first game? You go out in the middle of the night and Wisp finds you and asks you to catch some spirits. They are like transparent little purple balls of fire. Not really weather conditions but... I don’t know. Just thought it would be cool to see them pop up again on random nights.

Last edited:
No, I mean real ghosts. Not neighbors in halloween costumes. You ever played the first game? You go out in the middle of the night and Wisp finds you and asks you to catch some spirits. They are like transparent little purple balls of fire. Not really weather conditions but... I don?t know. Just thought it would be cool to see them pop up again on random nights.

PC makes me hopeful that this feature will return as one of the terreians you can buy or use is halloween based and towards the evening/night, spirits come out and float about, a bit more in depth of course...

A lot of great suggestions. I especially like the thunderstorms and fog.

What if in Autumn/Fall if there's a windy day, leaves fall like Cherry Blossoms then the day after there would be piles or patches of leaves you can run into and the leaves would fly away like a dandelion puff.
It'd be a nice little fun addition. :)

I would absolutely love new weather effects :) Lightning and fog would be really cool, and as mentioned earlier, maybe some special fish / bugs that only appear during those special weather events. Like a glowing fish during fog (you can't see normal fish shadows that well, but you can see the glowing fish a lot better).

i love the ideas of wind, fog and frost. i think that wind blowing the trees or your hair would be super satisfying, along with waking up to a foggy morning. it would be kinda cool if (when it was really windy) the water in the ocean splashed the beach more, or if there was high tide after a lot of rain. also it could be super funny or super annoying if it got muddy and slippery when the rain was really bad. ALSO i love the idea of little swirling dust tornadoes here and there when it's rlly windy and dry, like maybe if you run into it accidentally you lose your balance but is otherwise harmless.

(super off topic but i would love tiny little tide pools on the beach where you could catch special sea creatures)

Would love some 'disaster' weather. Hurricanes (typhoons, I suppose), bad lightning storms, huge wind storms, etc. There's something so cozy and nice about taking refuge inside during these kind of storms

Less Weather but more seasons-
Can we please have an option to choose if we're in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere please? Where I'm at, Christmas is a hot summer day. Might just be me but, the way that they show a perfect white Christmas, completely opposite to my real life, kind of ruins the immersion a tad bit because it's not the way I personally think of Christmas.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If there was an option for it, I would be extremely glad.

I'd love more ambiance with weather. For example, if on a windy day, the trees would move around in the wind. I'd also like to see storms/blizzards that keep animals inside (as has been said previously). Having blizzards during the winter and tropical storms during the summer would be interesting.

Other ideas people have said here are also great. Fog/dew/frost in the morning depending on the seasons and so are puddles after rainstorms.

I know they have the weather channel on the TVs, but I'd love an actual weather report. Maybe, instead of an instrument shed, there was a screen or board that showed the weather for the next 7 days. And, as the days got closer, the weather could become more accurate of what actually would come. So, that way, you could always refer to it to see upcoming weather.

Another unique feature that I would like would be villagers commenting on possible tropical storms (or hurricanes I guess, but they wouldn't do any real damage except for maybe taking down trees) or blizzards that could reach the village. Have different personalities with different dialogue on this. For example, peppy villagers may act frightened, normal villagers may be practical and talk about stocking up supplies, and crankies may talk about how no weather is going to stop them.

I'd love more ambiance with weather. For example, if on a windy day, the trees would move around in the wind. I'd also like to see storms/blizzards that keep animals inside (as has been said previously). Having blizzards during the winter and tropical storms during the summer would be interesting.

Other ideas people have said here are also great. Fog/dew/frost in the morning depending on the seasons and so are puddles after rainstorms.

I know they have the weather channel on the TVs, but I'd love an actual weather report. Maybe, instead of an instrument shed, there was a screen or board that showed the weather for the next 7 days. And, as the days got closer, the weather could become more accurate of what actually would come. So, that way, you could always refer to it to see upcoming weather.

Another unique feature that I would like would be villagers commenting on possible tropical storms (or hurricanes I guess, but they wouldn't do any real damage except for maybe taking down trees) or blizzards that could reach the village. Have different personalities with different dialogue on this. For example, peppy villagers may act frightened, normal villagers may be practical and talk about stocking up supplies, and crankies may talk about how no weather is going to stop them.

Wait, we have an instrument shelter for weather? I didn?t know that... is that a pwp?

Wait, we have an instrument shelter for weather? I didn’t know that... is that a pwp?

No, I have no idea what's in the game or not. I'm saying, maybe instead of having an instrument shelter, there could be something more in-depth.

I totally agree with this!! I would love if we could have some sort of way to chose a "vibe"/mood of a specific town. Like ordinances, but with the weather. You could select foggy, rain, ect. I love rain in ACNL but rarely get it.

I wouldnt mind seeing weather going on, however only one thing I dont want to see is it come with requirement to catch for fish that only show up in certain weather. I think that'd be a bit sightly annoying to deal with, especially if they had requirement time/month for it, similar as how Gamecube one Had certain time/month for fish. I dont mind those but i dont want see weather to be added time/month requirement either LOL.

Last edited:
No, I have no idea what's in the game or not. I'm saying, maybe instead of having an instrument shelter, there could be something more in-depth.

Ah, I see... I actually looked this up and apparently, we do have an instrument shelter PWP that you can check and it forecasts how the weather will be every hour, this would be nice if it were expanded upon

One weather effect that I think would be really neat to see in the game would be frost in the nights/mornings in late autumn/early spring. It would lightly cover the grassy areas and surfaces.

This is very interesting to me, and it makes me wonder--would precipitation such as frost or fog be enough to "water" all your flowers in the same way snow or rain would? That would be pretty cool.

How about hayfever season? You can't walk ten paces without doing the sneezing emote. Hopefully your vilagers wil have pity on you and give you the bag of medicine....

Back