• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

New WEATHER Conditions!

I'd love foggy weather personally. Like at night/early morning there's a thick mist all through the village

There's a dream town i just visited with a hazy morning. Midomori: 4C00-00C2-9391
The weather looks so cool and crisp! Everyone seems to want foggy weather. I'd like it too!

-Breezy days and normal tree leaves blowing like the cherry blossoms.
-Purple/Orange sunrises AND sunsets. Hopefully they won't be as rare.
-When it rains puddles would be so cool!
-Snow that glitters. I love that! It's so pretty when it's snowflake snow.

I like the idea of fog and blizzards. They'd complement the other unusual conditions (like rainbows and shooting stars) nicely.

I mainly like the idea of frost and fog as I think some pwp's and buildings, especially ones with lights could look gorgeous

If they could add hurricane winds to the game, you the player would have to be responsible for getting ready. You could send a notice to everyone to stay indoors, or set up big nets in between the trees on the edges of town to catch the villagers that are blowing away. Then afterwards they could all help if something is needed to be cleaned up.

If they could add hurricane winds to the game, you the player would have to be responsible for getting ready. You could send a notice to everyone to stay indoors, or set up big nets in between the trees on the edges of town to catch the villagers that are blowing away. Then afterwards they could all help if something is needed to be cleaned up.

I'd love to see random villagers just flying around outside during a hurricane.

Hurricanes during the summer, which bring with it the possibility of destroying trees or on (extremely) rare cases, PWPs. Same for blizzards in the winter.

Fog would be another cool feature for early mornings/evenings. As would be puddles after rainfall or accumulating snow.

I'd love to see random villagers just flying around outside during a hurricane.

speaking about hurricanes, what about floods? the river might overflow at least a day. villagers will be wearing boots. wouldnt that be cute

I think new weather like sandstorms or something would sound really great! Maybe even some more bugs or fish that appear exclusively during these weather conditions (Just a thought) I'd be excited to see how Nintendo implements something like this into the game

I'd love for weather effects to have an actualy effect on the character, like umbrella's are nice to use but they feel kinda redundant. I like how when you go diving in the winter or early spring or late fall you shier when you get out. So an expanded version of that would be awesome, like it could effect the villagers too. Shiver when it's winter or windy if you're not wearing long sleeved clothing, sweating in the summer if you're wearing sweaters, dripping water when you don't use an umbrella in the rain - you could even get sick and give us another use for medicine.

Redundant yes, but for immersion, absolutely necessary. A practical use would be nice though.

With a deeper weather system, weather forecasts and probabilities of said weather events would be an absolute necessity. Maybe at 6am every Sunday, a bulletin for the week would be put up outside of the town hall listing the weeks weather along with percentage of possibility. Heck, take it a step further and make a PWP weather vane or something that increases the accuracy of forecasts.

Last edited:
Why is this one of my new favourite threads, oh gosh, it's making me so excited for the potential of the next game. I love all of your ideas everyone! For me, I'd absolutely love if fog was put in the game, I don't know why but fog gives the early winter morning a really nice, relaxing vibe. Sandstorms on the beach could be nice.

I mainly want this game to have weather with impacts, benefits, consequences. Maybe it's your job to warn ever resident about a up coming extreme weather event and if you forgot to warn resident of a flood that happened overnight, inside their house the next day, there could be fish flopping on the floor, puddles and turned over furniture and the villager would be really sad, mad at you (maybe depending on friendship they can forgive you). The next day everything would be back to normal again though, just for that one day you can do requests for them and they won't leave the house. Also, after heavy rain or flood, you have to were boots or the mud would slow down your walking speed.

Final thing: This could also add another Ordinance, the 'Aware town' where you wouldn't have to warn residents and they'll be prepared without you telling them.

Last edited:
When I think of hurricanes/blizzards and the possible damage they could cause to PWPs, my mind goes back to the bee sting insurance Lyle used to offer, only now he could offer PWP insurance and it'd actually be useful.

I just don't want him hanging around my house ever Saturday.

I don't know how I feel about harmful weather like hurricanes, but I would LOVE to see heavy fog, it would be so cute and mystical

Let's add fire tornadoes, I want Fireleaf to literally be on fire.

In all seriousness, maybe a funnel cloud would actually be an interesting weather effect. I'm not saying to have tornadoes ravage your town, but have it just as a rare aesthetic effect of thunderstorms.

New weather would be really cool, especially the fog idea. I've only got to see the fog a few times in my life, so to see more of it in my town would be so amazing. Also, I didn't mind that in New Leaf during the summer it would rain a lot, but what if that kind of weather were to happen at random instead of just during the summer season? Like, if your town was going to expect a whole week of rain, the bulletin board would announce it and it was happening during the first couple weeks of spring and then sometime during the middle of fall? That would be so cool. Not to mention it would feel more realistic.

i don't really think i want natural disasters or anything extreme, but I love the fog/mist idea!!

I really like all the ideas in this thread, especially fog in the morning would help the atmosphere of the game I think. Rare weather events like blizzards would also really help to switch things, if you play a lot and/or daily. I hope some ideas will be present in the game!

Oooh I really love these ideas!!
Foggy mornings would be so cool to see, as I love it in real life.
Maybe have windy days, and you could see leaves in the wind during it?

The natural disaster thing would be interesting, but I can understand why some wouldn't want it.

I'd love for things to appear frosty when cold, in a way? I think that could have a cool touch to it!

These are some lovely ideas, and having them in would be amazing!

Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Floods, Blizzards, Hail! Good Grief, Guys! What do you want? Hoards of locusts eating everything? Perhaps those meat eating south american ants that can strip a deer down to the bones in the matter of minutes?! Yeeek. LOL

Fog would be totally cool, we almost have it early mornings, puddles would be cool. I like the idea of deep snow that leaves the small villagers homebound, so you'd wade through it and help dig them out.
Or Ice storms, sparkly icicles hanging from everything, the river frozen over, so perhaps you could skate or ice fish for certain types of fish.

Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Floods, Blizzards, Hail! Good Grief, Guys! What do you want? Hoards of locusts eating everything? Perhaps those meat eating south american ants that can strip a deer down to the bones in the matter of minutes?! Yeeek. LOL
Locust Hunting event!!!!
Also paying loans if natural disasters knock PWP down

Back