• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

new villagers 👀

Here's how I rank them based on first impressions and personal taste:
  • Niko - at first I thought "new villager species??" but turns out he's a NPC, but he's so cute! If only he were a regular villager 🥰
  • Wardell - new NPC, relative of Wendell perhaps? Or a successor to him, kinda like C.J. and Flick are to Chip and Nat respectively. He's so derpy looking haha. No opinion of him.
  • Sasha - no thank you! Something about those eyes I find a bit unsettling 😅
  • Ione - cosmic squirrel. Looks fanmade imo but interesting nonetheless.
  • Tiansheng - it's the Monkey King! Now he's a keeper ^^ the only other monkeys I like are Shari, Monty and Deli so welcome, cute little monkey!
  • Shino - based on a mythological creature, maybe? Or maybe not! What a fantastic design, though! 🤩 So regal and zen~
  • Marlo - cute as hell 🥰 love those little whiskers!
  • Petri - meh
  • Cephalobot - clever, punny name, but meh because 1) it's a robot with a basic design and 2) it's an octopus (I would have much rather liked an Octorok-inspired octopus, but that's just wishful thinking lol)
  • Quinn - meh. Not a fan of the eagle villagers overall. I only like Celia, Pierce and Amelia, but that's not saying much.
  • Chabwick - previously known as Nobuo. meh, just another lazy Piplup is all 😅
  • Zoe - meh, which pains me because I love the anteaters, but Zoe does nothing for me. She honestly has a really weak design.
  • Ace - returning birdie. meh.
  • Rio - she's a'ight. Interesting design.
  • Frett - previously known as Champagne (for real tho look it up) he's okay. Pretty basic.
  • Azalea - previously known as Petunia. She's a keeper ^^ love her design!
  • Roswell - previously known as Pironkon. I was really hoping this guy would make a return! Love his design and colors!
  • Faith - meh. Don't like her. Her, Zoe, Chrissy and Francine...why do they all look like they're wearing someone else's skin? 🤮
Why did they play my boys Tarou and Woolio tho? A jock wolf and a jock sheep? (I know we have Dom but still!) Honorable mentions include:
  • Hank
  • Kit (he looks like a baby Conker!)
  • Rollo
  • Emerald
  • Dozer
  • Aziz

My heart melted when I saw Sasha and Shino in the direct! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH ;w; Shino is actually gorgeous. I also enjoy Ione and Petri (although I don't like his name), and Niko and Wardell (who reminds me of Wendell!). What is up w/Chabwick's name though ;u; Marlo is clearly Marlon Brando in the Godfather which is just hilarious to me. I kinda digg Frett, I hope he's lazy. Personally, I don't like Cephalobot. I don't like the robot villagers (although Ribbot is pretty cool).

Ione is probably my favorite of these new ones.

The overall quality of the new villagers in New Horizons is just amazing.

I hope we can find them in the wild.

Sasha is cute and has nice coloring, but I find the hair fringe tacky in most cases. Without it, I'd love her since she is a Rabbit with a nose!!! Why are noses so rare on Rabbits?

Ione is interesting and rather cute, but I'm not that super into her cause the tail. I think it's a tad too much since it looks like someone deleted her tail with a starry night image layered behind it.

Shino is pretty incredible and really popped for me. She seems to have blown up quickly with the fan base, so I do feel weird being drawn to one that will likely be EVERYWHERE once released, but I also lack "the Peppy" choice for my island and haven't settled on any of the Peppys. She could change this for me.

Quinn will likely take the Cyd or Megan route of new villagers and be forgotten and over looked. I however think she is the best female Eagle. I love the purple and can really appreciate a new likely Sisterly that doesn't make me puke a little.

Tiansheng is my wild card currently. Sometimes I look at him and love him. Other times I look and don't care much either way. I think he'll end up on my island (if possible) and trampling all over my skeptical brain and become one that I love.

Marlo is a gift from the heavens to me. I really don't like any of the Hamsters we have. I want to cycle through every species and dread picking a Hamster. I like Marlo. Marlo will make this less painful if he is in the wild.

Petri is fun and wacky. Hair fringe is a little gross though, but I like the vibes.

Cephalobot could also be my Octopi cycle if possible. I have issues with the other 2 males of the species and my friend expressed interest in trying Marina on her island, so this robot could not only take care of my Octopus needs... but also be my first Robot.

Niko is adorable. I love Niko. I want Niko.

Wardell is weird to me, why not Digby? Digby is cuter. Wardell weirds me out.

Worst part about these new villagers? Deciding on who they'll replace.

I still need to find Kiki or Lolly as it is. So having to make room for one of these new villagers as well makes it even harder.

Had some time to think:
Ione and Cephalobot are my favorite of the new ones, but I'm way more excited about the returning ones! Particularly Rio and Faith, but I'm also hyped Zoe is returning - Alli has her BFF back! Also glad to see they changed Champagne's name and brought him back. Villagers I'm NOT feeling? Tiansheng, Shino, and Marlo are my least favorites. Not too into Petri either but he does look funny and I like his name. For the returning villagers, I think I'm most disappointed in them bringing back Ace, because we already have SO MANY blah birds and also Chabwick, because he looks like a mini-Puck and also I hate his name.

Sasha Lone and Shino are my favorite.

However, they did mention that the amiibo pack contains 48 cards, and we have only seen 33 in the direct.
There are 15 missing characters. :unsure:

Sasha Lone and Shino are my favorite.

However, they did mention that the amiibo pack contains 48 cards, and we have only seen 33 in the direct.
There are 15 missing characters. :unsure:

Lottie was on the pack's artwork, but she was not in the cards shown. Gullivarr was missing despite being a newcomer. And there's a chance at Island Attire Isabelle and Tom Nook. Or even Hippie Harriet could take a spot. But I am hoping we will get one new villager (whether returning old or brand new) per a species that hasn't gotten the love yet.

If its possible that these villagers can be found on Nook Mile islands/Random Campsite visits and can be given away to someone else I think the people who do villager trades are going to go crazy for them! Looks like the days of wanting Raymond so badly from last year are over seeing as how he Judy, Audie, Sherb, Dom, Cyd, Megan, and Reniegh are getting amiibo cards.

i wish but feel like they would've mentioned it, if so.
I doubt it, but I comfort myself knowing that I can amiibo secondary favorites into thr resort housing and go see them living their best lives. So if you do that it's not like parting forever.

Yes I would love to have Chadwick happy n my island. Now it really is too bad we can’t have more then 10 villagers.
Ah me too! Perhaps they could hang out in the Happy Home Paradise area if we get it (and their amiibo)!

Here's my thoughts on the new villagers
Niko - So cute, I wish all monkeys were shaped like this, much more appealing design imo
Wardell - Also super cute, he reminds me of Barbara manatee with his beady black eyeballs
Sasha - I think she's beautiful. I love the sparkles in her eyes, definitely gets bullied by Francine and Chrissy tho
Ione - Wonder how the name is pronounced. I dig her design, love the starry sky tail. Seems like she and Judy are made for one another
Tiansheng - What;s not to love about a Monkey King design? Still a monkey though, so you wont catch him on my island for long
Shino - Hands down the winning design here, she's elegant and mysterious and a little devilish, do I sense and new dreamie coming on?
Marlo - I absolutely love his design, very much reminiscent of The Godfather/Sopranos. I mean the name itself has gotta be a reference to Marlon Brando.
Petri - Doctor Mario mouse! I'd lover to see her wearing the 3D Glasses
Cephalobot - I like the concept and the name but the design is too basic I feel, Id love it if they had interesting expressions though (like if they changed color based on mood or something that would be neat) but I'm not holding my breath
Quinn - Never really cared for the eagle designs and something about her eyes is unsettling to me.
Chabwick - Actual garbage design imo, did not even deserve a spot in the game, he's just a worse Puck (no offense if you like him! lol)
Zoe - Boring bland design another miss
Ace - see the comment above.
Rio - She seems like a lot of fun on a kid core island, has no place anywhere near my island though tbh
Frett - Slightly less ugly than Benjamin, let's just all agree to replace Benjamin with Frett and act like he never existed
Azalea - Cute Rhino, I mean she's no Merengue, but we can't all be perfect.
Roswell - Ehh I'm not moved by the design, would probably get along well with Sly and Antonio
Faith -I agree with @LittleMissPanda and will add that she is specifically wearing Canberra's skin as a suit

I didn’t know there were new villagers wow! Sasha is pretty cute and I feel like she will be the next Judy idk! I kinda like the look of Wardell and Ione too.

They all are really nice! 😲 I really like Sasha, Niko, Ione, and surprisingly Azalea. Marlo, Tiangsheng, Rio and Werdell stand out to me too (they all have their charms honestly even the villager species I don’t really like).

Back