NEW Nintendo 3DS (& XL)

I might get the XL, since I don't have one and I obviously have to have all the new consoles.

i need it.jpg

Honestly, I really like the metallic blue of the new one. I'm really attached to my PopTart 3DS though. I'm a sucker for new consoles really. But I'm so torn, I supposed a metallic dark red color would do it for me. Hmmm. It's alot to think about isn't it.

Seems interesting... I might get it depending on how many exclusive games are released... For now, I'll just stick to my 3DS :p I'll probably end up buying it eventually lol

The only thing I'm disappointed about it is that isn't coming in time for Christmas! Ugh!

It looks cool. I'm gonna go XL this time. And get my sister the regular one. And keep my old one for pokemon trades.

And I really want xenoblade chronicles reboot to come to America because my Wii broke and I didn't get to finish it.

I can't wait for the firmware update for themes!! The themes aren't free though..?
And the new system is a mixed feeling.. I don't think I'll get it. It just feels too soon for a new system.
All the posts here have great points I can agree with.
Not sure if there will be many exclusive games, but if there are, and the graphics are a huge improvement, I may think about it. especially if for some reason a new animal crossing released lol.
I like the switching themes.

I can't wait for the firmware update for themes!! The themes aren't free though..?
And the new system is a mixed feeling.. I don't think I'll get it. It just feels too soon for a new system.
All the posts here have great points I can agree with.
Not sure if there will be many exclusive games, but if there are, and the graphics are a huge improvement, I may think about it. especially if for some reason a new animal crossing released lol.
I like the switching themes.
October for the firmware! :) If the themes aren't free, that's even less incentive for me to use one.

If someone leans against the front of the 3DS or picks it up by the front, can a game cart potentially pop out? I know it wouldn't be all that common, but I could easily see myself accidentally hitting the area. What if it happened while I was saving ACNL and it corrupted? I also dislike the stylus placement, as a lefty I loved its old placement. I wonder why Nintendo put the cart and stylus placements in the front, it seems like a bad idea to me.

If someone leans against the front of the 3DS or picks it up by the front, can a game cart potentially pop out? I know it wouldn't be all that common, but I could easily see myself accidentally hitting the area. What if it happened while I was saving ACNL and it corrupted? I also dislike the stylus placement, as a lefty I loved its old placement. I wonder why Nintendo put the cart and stylus placements in the front, it seems like a bad idea to me.
A lot of the design seems like a bad idea honestly, there's so many things made wrong that didn't need fixing to begin with.

We didn't need Start/Select moved where the Power Button currently is.
Didn't need the stylus moved.
The XL fixed the awkward headphone jack but they ruined it again.
Power button is now on the outside.... Why? It'll literally turn itself off now.

A lot of the design seems like a bad idea honestly, there's so many things made wrong that didn't need fixing to begin with.

Power button is now on the outside.... Why? It'll literally turn itself off now.
Time will tell, but I doubt Nintendo would ship a product without having thoroughly tested this kind of stuff. I can't remember any DS model having these kinds of problems unless you dropped the system, in which case it wasn't a design flaw but user error.

Also it needs a better name
TH-TH-THREE DEE ESS NEO

2009: DSi
2010: DSi XL
2011: 3DS
2012: 3DS XL
2013: 2DS
2014: New 3DS and New 3DS XL
2015: New 2DS?

This is what I thought when I first saw it. But when I found out only New 3DS games will only work on the New 3DS. Well you haven't got much choose. Plus don't forgot the new features lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also it needs a better name
Well this is the Japanese name for now, I have a feeling the name will be changed coming outside of Japan.

Last edited:

Because for an example if i wanted to play a new 3ds game but its only exclusive to the brand new 3ds theres know why for me to play it on my old one i would have to get the new one just to play it which really sucks idk if i will get this ugh.......

i dont know if this was coverd or not wile watching video was busy trying to read sub titles. is the NEW 3DS still coming with a 4GB Memory card i saw the micro card but im not clear. and i wonder if ill be able to tranfer my games on my 3DS XL to new 3DS via a system transfer that would slove any isshues.

i dont know if this was coverd or not wile watching video was busy trying to read sub titles. is the NEW 3DS still coming with a 4GB Memory card i saw the micro card but im not clear. and i wonder if ill be able to tranfer my games on my 3DS XL to new 3DS via a system transfer that would slove any isshues.
If it comes with an SD card is unknown, we do know that the Micro SD is in addition to the regular SD card slot. Since the 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS all came with SD cards, I think it's safe to assume the New 3DS models will too. Judging by the size found in the 3DS XL and 2DS systems, it's 4GB unless they upgrade to 8GB.

And since it all runs on the same firmware, system transfer works the same way as it does now. You do the transfer, take the SD card out of your old 3DS and put it into the new one and you're ready to go.

I literally just bought my xl last month lmao

But it does look pretty cool, if a little unfair that theres gonna be games exclusive to a system with only small upgrades -_- might buy the 3DS when it releases if I have the cash though

I'll probably trade my current XL in for the new XL! I'm a sucker for better battery life and better screens.

Back