• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New Horizons, Buying Physical or Digital?

Physical or Digital?

• Physical

Votes: 85 75.9%
  • Digital

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • Both

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters
Because all of my ac games are physical, I think im gonna get the physical copy to add to the collection!! Though i dont see anything wrong with digital copies ♡

That will depend if they do a bundle thing where you can buy a Switch and AC:NH at the same time. Because I'll be getting that if they do.

For the first time, I?m going with both. If it?s really one save file allowed on each Switch I?m buying 2 versions. As a collector, I?m always interested in physical copy so I can admire the box art. As Switch user, I would like to have the game everywhere I go with me by buying digital version.

I don?t know how it?s possible to have only 1 island on each Switch and not user account? Are the other games work same why? I use my own Switch and games so I never knew. Not having the option is kind of weird. I think the fans must have the option to have multiple islands, having 8 different users in one island makes me think the your role as a mayor is gone.

At first I wanted to buy the game with the switch bundled together so it would've been digital.
But since the game has been delayed and I just can't sleep on the switch no more I'm gonna buy it physically.
I need to buy the switch beofre to play Mario Maker 2 and Pok?mon S/S. And also previous game I haven't been able to play at least once such as Mario Odyssey.

I'll be going digital. I work for Walmart, so I get a discount on the Nintendo cards, so I'll be going that route instead of paying Nintendo directly. It would be the same discount I would get for the game in the physical sense, so I prefer not to have to keep track of a game card.

Digital! I prefer physical versions for games that you can "finish", to resell them later.
However, games like Animal Crossing which you can just continue playing forever are the ones I like buying digitally. That way I don't have to search for my game card to be able to play, lowering the barrier to pop into the game quickly whenever I feel like it.

physical! i try to buy all my games physically if possible and ac is no exception, but maybe ill buy a digital copy in the future for a second island

Physical! I've had corruption issues in the past with digital copies.

Physical for me. Always liked having the cartridge on hand and since it will be the only game I'll be playing for now on, I don't have to switch the cartridges at all. :)

Physical most likely. I've getting digital copies of games for a while now but I think I having the real thing is special for the games that I like the most

I believe a post here saying digital already, though I just found out about the "Vouchers". They're supposed allow you to buy two games for pretty much a 20 dollar discount. the description is: "Users with a paid Nintendo Switch Online membership can purchase a pair of vouchers that can then be redeemed for downloadable versions of select Nintendo Software. Once purchased, vouchers are valid for one year. Each voucher can be redeemed for one software title, and they can be redeemed separately. The selection of eligible software will continue to grow over time." I wanted to get new horizons with the vouchers....but,as you probably know, the game is already available for pre-purchase...though I don't see it in the list for eligble games( and not even in the future eligble games)! I really hope it changes to have new horizons so I can at least save SOME money from this E3 list of games...

Back