• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Neopets?

I mean they aren't really owned by a mobile company. NetDragon acquired JumpStart as a whole, not just Neopets. And it was mainly because of JumpStart's business relationship with Dreamworks. There's no indication they are particularly interested in Neopets as long as people keep paying for Premium and NC Mall stuff. JumpStart still handles the operations of Neopets, including its programming and app development teams.
Ah, okay, that does make more sense.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah but if that's their true goal they should have left the site classic and only let this horrid layout be on phones. Heck, even TBT has two version of the site? And so has most sites unless they are maybe some small thing just starting up their business, or just old enough to not care.

I wouldn't say the top sidebar was a good roll out, nor is it completed. Could as well go back to classic classic site before 2007 it was even ore manageable, so was that kids version they also had way back, LOL.

I'd say both, they are only listening and catering to zoomers these days where a lot of people are well in their late 20s or even older (I've a neofriend in his 40s so). Not supporting hate but if they were so anxious about getting their new version out they could have handled it 110% better lol.

Thanks! :)
I super agree they could have handled that better. (And hi, I'm also a Neopets user in their 40s XD My first Neopet is at least 20 years old and yes, I created them, not adopted). This feels like it's making the site not work for either PC users or phone users. If Jumpstart is still doing things then why in the world didn't they start this SOONER! It's not like it was a mystery flash was going to end. Chrome told me any time I logged in for almost 2 full years.

The end has begun. We have reached third impact.

I knew Neopets was dying, it's been dying since Jump Start was in charge and they let the sight decay without neglect. And once I heard Jump Start was bought by a mobile company, I knew it was just a matter of time. They have now started their exit strategy to milk those of us left for as much as they can before washing their hands of it and handing it over to the 'community.' They're adding NFTs and 100% pay to win garbage (free dailies will now require TOKENS on top of a lot of other things) and have fully signaled that they do not care and are here for the money.

This is... highly concerning. I hope none of it is true.

But as one of my favorite Neopets tumblrs jokingly pointed out, yeah NFTs are bad but imagine a world where they're not and you could own DeadChia.jpg
1633650448813.png

That's what is on the official Neopets metaverse site from what I can tell. There's a link in the Jelly Neo comment/article. It's so depressing because I've gone through a lot in my life, I started Neopets in college and it was a consistent distraction and source of comfort during a LOT of really horrible things. I've been on the site for nearly half my life.

Well at the bottom there was a disclaimer about none of it possible happening.

Yeah I joined 18 years ago (my neopets are adults now lol) so that's around 3/4s of my life :/

Yikes, yeah I read about that now and the Discord debacle and... I'm hoping this won't actually come to the actual Neopets and stay separate, but tragic they lent out all they had left to such a thing. Also NFT is such a trash method so yeah unless they fix this I might actually be quitting...again lol.

boi just boi how troll can the metaverse people get???
It's completely ridiculous and insulting. And people in the comments 'they were just trying to educate,' is even more insulting. You don't educate people with a hateful and spiteful meme.
Post automatically merged:

the 'no one has forced an NFT on you' is just so ignorant and I'm tired of hearing it. YES, you ARE forcing NFTs on us, those who have supported the site for 20+ years!

I still can't believe this group is officially endorsed by TNT??? Did I get that right?????
Yep. The Metaverse is intended to be separate from TNT and Neopets.com proper, but this is a pretty textbook case of why the idea of 'letting a group we have no control over use our assets and reputation to sell their own - again - separate product' is a bad idea.

They had the ez money printer in hand with the NC pet slots and the NC unconverter that were in the works and all they had to do was fire 'er up, but then they pivoted to... this.

Oh boi, metaverse at it again. I suggest y'all keeping up with JN for a good tragedy about this. I assume they can't pull out of it at this stage but it's just so damn bad by dn/js at this point...

I haven't played Neopets since I was little, but was recently pleasantly surprised to hear that the site was still up and running, and then... well. I've been following along with Jellyneo's coverage of the news, and uh, I don't believe I'll be making any sort of return to Neopia any time soon. I did enjoy "minting" a free NFTopet on Jellyneo, though.
I don't remember this species so I'm guessing it's a (relatively?) newer one, but I quite like her.
NFTs make her sick.png

^It's a Vandagyre, it was released before 2016 at least I think.

Yeah I don't think I'm gonna freeze again as a first thing but defo not supporting them with more nc/premium as is. I mean it's not that TNT themselves are getting the money anyway...

what's going on with neopets right now is just sad lol. i can't believe jumpstart would work with such an unprofessional company and my skin crawled when i saw this tweet from neopets metaverse
metaverse_hateoooors_tweet.png
"you don't like NFTs? surely you are just dumb and do not understand them"

this is not a good sign for neopets' future i feel like this is sending the message they 1. do not care about the brand/players 2. do not understand why neopets is loved or 3. have no idea who they want to make this game for (especially with how it's always been a family friendly thing)

But as one of my favorite Neopets tumblrs jokingly pointed out, yeah NFTs are bad but imagine a world where they're not and you could own DeadChia.jpg
THATS MY IRL FRIEND jean korbatslabs :D small world......

Back