• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Neopets?

DragonAceSg7

Bells
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Tasty Cake
Now, I'm super curious. And I'm not looking for people to share their usernames, I haven't messed with the friend thing in like, a decade but, who here still plays Neopets, and do you think it will survive with the slow progression out of flash to fully mobile?

Personally, I'm still on the fence. I love my pets and have gone out of my way to make sure they're in the lodge so they're always fed but I'm also super worried that it sat dormant for too long once it got drop-kicked from Viacom. And I'm curious where the revenue is going from all the physical merch. And I did buy some, I needed a Darigan Team Altador pin.

Also, your favorite species, mine is Eyrie. ;)

I tried playing it when I was a kid but it required me to sign up for all these emails for advertisements and when I clicked on stuff, it said oops you weren’t fast enough. Hearing it is still around, I am tempted to give it another look and see if maybe I was doing something wrong.

Neopets' economy is a mess, should have just let it die. I'm dreading this relaunching of the franchise coming later this year. There's a show coming out in the fall.
This video is a pretty good exploration of the messy management of the site if you're interested.

For some reason it's hard to pick a favorite neopet for me, maybe Koi or Kougra, though they're literally a goldfish and a tiger, I just like the way they're drawn lol

Last edited:
Neopets' economy is a mess, should have just let it die. I'm dreading this relaunching of the franchise coming later this year. There's a show coming out in the fall.
This video is a pretty good exploration of the messy management of the site if you're interested.

For some reason it's hard to pick a favorite neopet for me, maybe Koi or Kougra, though they're literally a goldfish and a tiger, I just like the way they're drawn lol

I had no idea there was a controversy over them; no idea about the blackjack and gambling games (no surprise about complaints about that seeing how it was removed in pokemon 😓).

Strangely, back then my favorites weren’t any of the cats or tigers but it was uni or shoyru.

I remembered the card game stuff, I was in college and wasn't sure what was visible to the 13 and under users since they didn't have access to the full site. The cash shop is the only reason it's still around. And I don't go to it without my ad blocker firmly on. The fact they are STILL trying to get it https:// and are doing two-factor after it's not a place I'd recommend if you're not fully entrenched. I won't spend another cent on the game, I did too much years ago in the cash shop and was involved in the goofy trading, which was technically against the TOS it was supposed to be 'gifting', and all the 'well this is worth this many of the stupid caps'. I go mostly because I put a lot of time and heart into my pets and I'm going to be sad when the site finally dies.
Post automatically merged:

I'll watch the vid later but I think part of the problem was the game was always trying to be two things, a game made by college students for older kids/teens/early 20s but then also appeal to little kids. It got way worse with Viacom and then they dropped it when it wasn't making enough money and they dropped it, we lost so many things, two side sites and that board game and the Habitarium.

I am fearing the re-launch since I don't know what in the heck they're actually going to do about the fact that so many adults still play while they make a cartoon. 😔

Why are they making an animated series lol,

I mean it had some awesome comics, but no need to make an animated one.
--
I love Neopets btw, I basically just feed my pets once a week, and play a few games, but I was obsessed. I have my main, then side accounts

Xweetok is my favorite

I haven’t been active on neopets since last year. Sometimes when I’m reminded of neopets I wanna jump right back into it, but asides from browsing the pound and betting in the food club there’s nothing I really do on there.

The video linked above seems interesting! I’ll give it a watch later. The only sketchy thing I can think of right now is the food club, who would’ve thought they’d still allowing literal betting and stuff on a kid‘s site? It’s kinda fun reading the reasoning behind the more popular food club gamblers’ choices, but definitely it’s not stuff for kids and those who can so easily do the same with irl money.

My favorite species is probably Cybunny and my favorite paints are Maraquan and Baby. I’ve achived most of my ”attainable” dreamies (the unattainable ofc the Unconverteds, but I’m not going to lose sleep over those lol). My favorite pet is the Maraquan Ixi, I’ve wanted one for so long and I was super lucky to have randomly zapped my Ixi into Maraquan!

I love my pets and have gone out of my way to make sure they're in the lodge so they're always fed but I'm also super worried that it sat dormant for too long once it got drop-kicked from Viacom

This is exactly me 😅 I log in once in a while just to feed my pets and log some "activity" on my account just to keep my little pixels alive (I did work very hard for them after all) but to me it seems like the site is pretty much dead.

I would say I stopped being active mid 2018 but prior to that I was a premium member and everything. I found it a lot easier to find time to play while I was still in college but then after that I sort of fell out of a routine and just stopped visiting the site as much. If they do get the mobile site actually working well I might try to get back in to playing again. Neopets was like my entire life since I was a child so it will always hold a very special place in my heart even if I'm not currently active there.

My favourite species as a whole is Usuls but there are other specific pets (species +pb colours) that I like more than that.

I've lost interest but I loved it so freaking much as a kid! I spent way too much on there playing all the games haha. My favourites species are Kacheek, Poogle and Xweetok! I also really love the petpet Doglefox! I remember playing so many games just to save up to buy one.

I was a big fan of Neopets for a long time. Even now I'll go through periods where I'm active on the site. Recently I've been good about logging in each day and doing dailies like the stock market.

This is exactly me 😅 I log in once in a while just to feed my pets and log some "activity" on my account just to keep my little pixels alive (I did work very hard for them after all) but to me it seems like the site is pretty much dead.

I would say I stopped being active mid 2018 but prior to that I was a premium member and everything. I found it a lot easier to find time to play while I was still in college but then after that I sort of fell out of a routine and just stopped visiting the site as much. If they do get the mobile site actually working well I might try to get back in to playing again. Neopets was like my entire life since I was a child so it will always hold a very special place in my heart even if I'm not currently active there.

My favourite species as a whole is Usuls but there are other specific pets (species +pb colours) that I like more than that.
yeah, it's the working well that's the big IF

I can get it to mostly work but half my clothing isn't accessible and I don't even dare to try and get it to run on my phone. I was excited for the Altador Cup but playing YYB is soooo broken and I just don't have it in my to sit and try and get the side games to work.

I just got my 13 y/o account back, but I'm like over it and the forced mobile layout doesn't help. :/

I did find a wocky plushie in a thriftstore recently and bought it, but that's how far my nostalgia goes.

Yeah I still play, though TNT staff really sucks for the year and beyond and also this new mobile layout is horrible and works **** on mobile as well. It's like wow, you had 3½ years to convert into HTML5 and there are absolutely no good coders in California not at all *rolls eyes*

I guess the return of UC is what keeps me up and all the friends I've made there made me come back last year and stay.

I played this so much when I was younger. I no longer play, but it used to be fun for me. I’m over the game pretty much, and I don’t think I’ll ever play again.

I played Neopets SO MUCH as a kid, like a ridiculous amount. I played everyday for about 10 years then I lost touch for a long time. About 5-6 years ago I remade a new account to play on because I had forgotten my old password. I have to admit, even before the whole flash issue it wasn't the same recently. It's very much pushing the neo cash and the pages are now super busy with ads and stuff. I think just doing business online necessitates that so it won't ever capture the same "magic" it had when I was a kid for me. That said, there are portions of the site that are still fun to poke around on and I hope they get it together in the future and get through this changeover.

Yeah I still play, though TNT staff really sucks for the year and beyond and also this new mobile layout is horrible and works **** on mobile as well. It's like wow, you had 3½ years to convert into HTML5 and there are absolutely no good coders in California not at all *rolls eyes*

I guess the return of UC is what keeps me up and all the friends I've made there made me come back last year and stay.
That was the thing that kept worrying me when the company that bought it almost instantly got bought by a mobile games company and fired even more staff. It really feels we're being set up for them dragging this out to milk as much $ as possible then going 'oh, doesn't work anymore' and we're left with a dead site that looks like crap because they changed it for mobile.

Thanks to this thread, I logged in again and holy! It has a new layout and everything! It's weird though because it's like, half converted to the new layout? Some pages are still on the old layout so it's wonky to browse.

Thanks to this thread, I logged in again and holy! It has a new layout and everything! It's weird though because it's like, half converted to the new layout? Some pages are still on the old layout so it's wonky to browse.
Yeah, way back when Jump Start was still in charge, they should have started the change over from flash, and didn't. The company that bought them I think from JumpStart was bought shortly after by a Chinese mobile company so now, the site is very slowly being switched to be mobile-friendly. Part of the problem was getting the site to still work as flash was dying (since ALL of the games were still in flash). As far as I know, they're working now mostly to get it to a mobile format and make it HTTPS:// secure. At least, I think so. Someone asked like last year about getting 2-factor authentication and they answered that they want that, but need to get the HTTPS stuff first.

The games should have been started to be converted from flash years ago and, from everything I've seen and what I remember since I've kept playing all the way through, Jump Start never really did much. I THINK it might have been them we finally got a Battledome update but it was never fully completed and neither were the Hero challenges or whatever they were called.

The end of last year was a mad scramble to keep the site from being completely unusable as Flash stopped being supported.

I'm not super into the new layout, since I don't play Neopets on mobile but if the site can become functional again, and they get all the clothing (especially the stuff we paid real $ for) fixed, I'm willing to stick around for now.

Yeah, way back when Jump Start was still in charge, they should have started the change over from flash, and didn't. The company that bought them I think from JumpStart was bought shortly after by a Chinese mobile company so now, the site is very slowly being switched to be mobile-friendly. Part of the problem was getting the site to still work as flash was dying (since ALL of the games were still in flash). As far as I know, they're working now mostly to get it to a mobile format and make it HTTPS:// secure. At least, I think so. Someone asked like last year about getting 2-factor authentication and they answered that they want that, but need to get the HTTPS stuff first.

The games should have been started to be converted from flash years ago and, from everything I've seen and what I remember since I've kept playing all the way through, Jump Start never really did much. I THINK it might have been them we finally got a Battledome update but it was never fully completed and neither were the Hero challenges or whatever they were called.

The end of last year was a mad scramble to keep the site from being completely unusable as Flash stopped being supported.

I'm not super into the new layout, since I don't play Neopets on mobile but if the site can become functional again, and they get all the clothing (especially the stuff we paid real $ for) fixed, I'm willing to stick around for now.
Ah yeah that makes sense. That's a huge job! And it looks like they added so many new locations since I was on too so now it's an even BIGGER job. Hopefully it'll get the love that it deserves soon! I wonder how they'll get the games to work.

Ah yeah that makes sense. That's a huge job! And it looks like they added so many new locations since I was on too so now it's an even BIGGER job. Hopefully, it'll get the love that it deserves soon! I wonder how they'll get the games to work.
I really hope so too. The game came out when I was in college and having the ability to take care of my pets, and play with them in some of the games RIP Godori helped me get through some ROUGH stuff over the years. I know they're having some struggles, the games for the Altador Cup are a bit wonky but they ARE working on things.

Back