NaNoWriMo 2016

Still behind because my days off have been busy so I haven't been writing during them, but I'm trying really hard to catch up. AS of right meow I'm at 24,447 but I reached a point where it's making me emotional with what's going on in the story so I am probably going to stop for tonight, I still plan on getting back on track though! I'm going to try to write at home tomorrow to stay up until Pokemon get's delivered but we'll see how that works out. Hope everyone else is doing well!

What happens if you win lmao

The satisfaction of writing a 50,000 word novel(la) in a month and a permanent reminder on your profile of your work. :)

It may not sound like a lot, but I find it a real motivator to get some work done. It's my eleventh year and my goal this year is to write 1,667 words every single day no matter how far ahead I get. I'm the sort of person who often rushes ahead and I think my fastest November win was in five days (if counting other months, one day, lol).

For me though, NaNoWriMo is not just about the end-goal. I love the writing journey and I've met so many wonderful people through writing - I've even met some of them in person! One of the people I've met though unfortunately passed away in 2014, and another woman I've known online since 2006 passed in 2015. It really killed my motivation for a couple of years because it was just a reminder of their deaths. But this year I've come at it from a new approach and am having great fun on a Discord server I put together for this years event for LGBT+ writers. I almost met someone from it a couple days ago while I was fundraising at his college, but he was unfortunately sick and couldn't come.

I'm at 44,663 words so far and intend to bring that up to at least 46k before bed tonight. :)

Back