• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

My data just corrupted

So sorry to hear that :(.

I long for Ankha and Lucky who will fit into the theme I have chosen for the southern part of my town but I am so apprehensive about resetting to get them.

I am glad you decided to restart. Good luck. I will offer any support I am able to offer. Let me know by PM.

Hello...Um, wow... That's gave me a big shot. I could of corrupted my game time after time! I'm so so so sorry this happened to you... :( I just have a question though...
Um, is there a way to close your game without a corruption?

If you need ANYTHING at all, let me know. We can always meet up and play on eachother's towns, I'm sure Pietro and Willow would be delighted to see you. ^_^ I hope your new town is perfect, and I TRULY DEARLY HOPE that it doesn't happen again for you!

Wow, I'm really sorry this happened to you. I can certainly understand your frustration.

This leads me to asking a question. Yesterday I thought the same thing had happened to me. I ended playing by the usual save and quit method and the saving process took wayyyyy longer than it normally did. Then the next time I went on it appeared to be lagging a bit when I talked to a character.

I haven't saved yet, so I'll try it. I think there is actually a way you can backup, as I managed to transfer my save from 1 SD card to another. I guess I'll have to blog this process.

Cartridge :( I wanted to warn people as well. It's so weird, I'm always so careful with my game and I never thought this would ever happen

Best of luck, Lykke. Sorry to say, constant reseting is not being careful at all- this invites File Corruption. If you need Bells, Silver tools, fruits, just let minnow.

Hint: Don't reset for ANYTHING. Not sure why this causes data to corrupt, but you learned the hard way that it can. Learn to live with where villagers plop their houses/who's in the campsite, Nintendo doesn't let us pick where the houses are/who's there for a reason.

Hint: Don't reset for ANYTHING. Not sure why this causes data to corrupt, but you learned the hard way that it can. Learn to live with where villagers plop their houses/who's in the campsite, Nintendo doesn't let us pick where the houses are/who's there for a reason.

That's true. Nintendo obviously wouldn't expect people to reset obsessively for villagers/house placements etc - so it's pretty conceivable that it could disrupt the game.

Yeah, it's almost like a glitch, though it isn't. Someone figured out you can't exit out with your main game to get a new animal, but have to use a new save. Nintendo thought we'd learn to live with villager placements. Controlling where they move is too much power. However, they could allow us to make special spots where neighbors can move in. Almost like lots.

I think constantly reseting your game is causing the data to corrupt when you repeatedly make new saves and delete them.

Yeah. Each time you get off, you have to backup your data, or else it won't work. However, considering the game can't save or even load up your data when it corrupts, it makes it so that as long as you remember to update it frequently, you will have the last save on your computer; before you turned it off and it corrupted. You'd be stuck leaving the villager you were resetting for wherever, or whatever else you were doing would be stopped, but I think that once people see that they almost lost everything they'd be fine with that. XP

O= Is this actually tried and true? I thought that if it corrupted then as the game cannot compare last save to what is on the back-up that it can't load that either. - otherwisd couldn't I technically clone my town onto my other 3DS that also has a digital copy? Or is there a last save check and a SD saved copy check too?
If this is true though, then that is a huge relief for me as I back-up on laptop before any major resetting and then about weekly.

I don't see how one could manage to "clone" their town on the eShop version of the game without the ID not matching between SD Card and the system. That is, unless if someone managed to find where the ID is saved on the save data file and alter it to match the system's own ACNL ID. Hmm...

Aaaaah that's not okay D: I'm sorry you have to rebuild, I'm in the process of rebuilding right now, as well, and it sucks. :c Solidarity lol

really sorry to hear this happen to you :( i've heard way too many of these horror stories!

i have a second town which i normally cycle through villagers, if you have one in particular that you're after let me know, i can reserve them for you!

Bad luck :( I also offer any help you may need. Bells, hybrids, cataloguing. Just ask :)

Eek, this is tough to deal with :(. I don't think I'll reset for villagers again then... Annoying as I wanteed to keep them out of my newly planned orchards and off my paths etc. Guess my town remodel can be thrown out as I'm not having an orchard of xyz fruit for a villager to plop themselves on top of it! I'll keep my random placement (started in the first place to prevent a villager wiping out my entire supply of xyz fruit until I learnt the reset trick)!

Back