Music while studying

Do you listen to music while studying?

• Yes

Votes: 49 72.1%
  • No

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i enjoy listening to instrumental music while im studying. usually music with lyrics just distract me.
the type of instrumental music i listen to for studying is just very minimal and usually slow paced with few to one instruments with maybe some silent pauses in between.

I like to listen to the Animal Crossing soundtrack or the Death Note soundtrack when studying or writing.

I can't listen to music when I'm doing something important. It distracts me and I can't focus. When I read with music on all I can focus on is the words, and not what I'm supposed to be reading or thinking about

I can't listen to music while I'm studying, especially if it's reading. I tend to enjoy the music too much and it distracts me from whatever it is I'm reading, even if it's something unrelated to work such as a novel. I just can't read and listen to music at the same time. I mostly save music for times where I'm drawing, gaming, or travelling by train.

sometimes. sometimes it distracts me, but other times it makes (especially if it's instrumental) it helps me focus. I'm weird like that. :p

I can't focus on homework if I'm listening to something too intense or with lyrics. So if I'm trying to read a textbook or something, I put on a classical music mix. If I'm just doing busy work or writing I put on my usual music.

I made the mistake of listening to my favorite music when I studied. I used to focus on the music and sing along rather than focus on my work. If I were in school now, I think I would listen to classical stuff instead. Relaxing, and nothing to sing along to.

I can only listen to instrumentals or Classical when I study simply because the sensory overload would not help me read/write/work effectively. I would try to listen to the words while accomplishing what I was doing and either messing it up or not absorbing any of it.

But I need music. Silence is deafening to me.

Music is nice, but I can only listen to very calm and instrumental-only music while studying, if it's too intense or has singing in it then my thoughts get jumbled.

Back