• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Museum

Globes216

Bells
New Horizons Token
Does anyone else think that the museum looks really small on the outside for how big it seems inside, I get they want to preserve room on our islands for other things but idk it just seems strange

I had the same thought when I first saw the parts featuring the museum. However if you think about past games, the museum's interior has always been absolutely huge compared to the exterior, so I guess it's nothing new!

Also I don't think we saw any paintings in the direct, I wonder if they're still a thing?

I feel like the stores have always looked smaller from the outside. Even our expanded houses looked very small to me. But yeah, the museum looks HUGGEEE inside.

Last edited:
Yeah, but that's just how it works in a lot of videogames in general. : P I would definitely prefer the buildings to be bigger inside than to try and work around properly scaled buildings.

It is a little weird given how huge the new museum is inside now, but I don't mind! It's always been like that in these games so it's not really anything new. I will probably put some "outdoor exhibits" around my museum as well like they showed in the Direct!

I was thinking some areas of the museum may have even been underground. The fossil exhibits would have made sense for how dark and moody they were, and I noticed in the big shark tank there were portholes at the back, maybe it's underwater? I wouldn't be surprised if you had to go down a flight of stairs to see some of the exhibits!

I was thinking some areas of the museum may have even been underground. The fossil exhibits would have made sense for how dark and moody they were, and I noticed in the big shark tank there were portholes at the back, maybe it's underwater? I wouldn't be surprised if you had to go down a flight of stairs to see some of the exhibits!

The aquarium actually is underground! I dont have the link but on a short clip on the website it shows you walk down into the aquarium. You get to see the tops of the tanks and everything c:

Ya, Blathers knows bowties are cool.

The three rooms they show for the aquarium are all completely different and massive, looks like the museum has as much floor space as the entire island. Also, check out the detail on the fossils!

Looks like you upgrade everything in this! Inc villagers houses! (^O^☆♪

Same as the player house. From the outside it looks like you could fill up 1/4 of the entire space with your character, but on the inside it's much bigger! If everything was to scale it would be pretty annoying to walk around these huge buildings!

agreed - the exterior looks small compared to the massiveness of the interior but i love it, regardless!

It does look small from the outside, but the upside of that is that it won't eat up too much real estate on the island. The interior is amazing, though, and I just know that I'm going to be spending so much time there that it will be like a second home!

I'm actually glad the museum is presented in the overworld the way that it seems to be. It reminds me a lot of PG's museum in that regard, and I'm glad it won't be taking up too much space.

They have harnessed Time Lord magic and the museum is the new pinnacle of their achievement.

Every building in every animal crossing game has been this way. The museum always looked small to me and all of the houses are definitely smaller outside than in.

It's always been bigger on the inside! (And smaller on the outside!) But I like it that way! With all the stuff the new Museum has, could you imagine it even bigger? xD

Last edited:
Every building in every animal crossing game has been this way. The museum always looked small to me and all of the houses are definitely smaller outside than in.

This. The buildings are all much larger on the inside than on the outside, which I quite like. Full sized buildings on the outside would... just make everything weird.

It'd either get crowded or the town would have to be way larger, which would mean getting around would be hard.

Last edited:
Back