• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Movies that made you cry

Oh yeah how could I forget

****ing Bambi why did you have to do that to me **** you

Every single movie I've ever watched has made me cry at least once. Speed Racer, Tenacious D, Pulp Fiction, and Grease are the exceptions. Coincidentally, those are my favorite movies.

I saw Cloud Atlas. Awesome movie and too many emotions at once! I think the movie made me cry several times...

Inside out... this is gonna seem crazy but i actually went through depression myself... and i connect A LOT to Riley... i have autism and my mom thinks bullies is what made me depressed so when i saw Inside Out... i knew what it was like going through all that crap before... even though i never moved in my life, i still know what its like...

maxresdefault.jpg

The first Pokemon movie will always illicit waterworks, I think I shed a tear or two during Inside Out, The Force Awakens and Rogue One from sheer excitement of a new Star Wars movie. Oh and The Secret Life of Pets, 1 because my eyes were dry and 2 I really missed my dog who die like two weeks beforehand.

I watched The Tale of Princess Kaguya earlier on this year, and it made me sob like a baby. Ghibli films are so adorable but that one honestly just left me feeling so empty inside at the end. It was an amazing film, honestly, but it was SO SAD.

Also the ending to Toy Story 3 always makes me cry too...

I'm very emotional anyways so basically any movie I see, I cry even if there is no reason to cry. I hate myself...

moana and the good dinosaur made me cry so much lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh yeah inside out made me cry too.

There's a Japanese movie called Nobody Knows (誰も知らない) and it's made everyone I've shown it to bawl like a baby, myself included.

Hachiko, the first time. I was borderline on the end of Red Dog too (Aussie movie if you haven't heard of it).

Watership Down and Plague Dogs, both originally novels by the late Richard Adams. He sadly passed away over the holiday weekend. From the links I've provided you can watch a trailer of Watership Down by Criterion and the full uncensored version of Plague Dogs.

I highly recommend this interview with the Guardian if you're interested in learning more about Richard Adams and his work.

Last edited:
there have been a few of these threads before, the last one that made me bawl was a Japanese-Chinese collaboration movie called in english, Riding Alone for Thousands of Miles. its kinda boring actually, dont see it.

330px-Riding_Alone_for_Thousands_of_Miles.jpg

Any Bootleg Disney Film with putrid animation and horrible plot, I plan to punish my child by forcefully making him / her watch one once I'm a parent in the future.

Instructions not Included, A Better Life (Tears were streaming down my cheeks like CRAZY), Inside Out, X-Men: Apocalypse, Finding Dory, and The Good Dinosaur.
Also the Shelter music video, but that's not a movie.

Last edited:
Marley & Me made me cry like crazy as a kid because when I watched it my grandfather had just died so for some reason I connected Marley dying with him dying ??? I don't understand either. Also "Saving Mr. Banks" comes to mind as being one of those movies that made me think, which meant I just ended up bawling and I don't remember why.

Back