White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
Red Lily
Red Lily
White Lily
Hi guys!

Just wondering how you all get motivation to do a section on your island. Since having to restart due to getting a new switch I just have no inspiration, I’m trying to remember all the sections I did on my last island especially the days spent doing the most intricate designs. I kinda know some of the things I want on my island but I do remember the hours I spent I just need a kick up the *** 🤣

Do you guys look at Pinterest or other peoples islands on YouTube for some inspiration or do you just sort of go with the flow?

I’ve ended up rambling but I really wanna get stuff done but after doing all my daily stuff (collecting fossils, collecting nook mile points, hitting rocks, shaking trees and talking to all my villagers) I always just feel a bit ‘meh’.

Any advice? 🙏🏻

I know I usually say make whatever stands out to you but I can give you ideas for your island based how I design my islands:

1.Usually whenever I start over a new island I tend to work on the paths first. I go to the airport and place down patterns and connect it to to Resident Services. Then I keep making more paths so I can make a blueprint of where I want the buildings to go. Also fixing up the rivers to see where I want the bridges to go. Lastly I fix up the cliffs so they line up good and it doesn't look off centered.

2. Have big flower gardens.

3. Put fences around your island

4. Make an Orchard that contains all of the non native fruit.

5. Make a Gyroid Garden meaning that if you have Gyroid fragments and you don't know where to plant them make a nice garden for them

6. Put Floor Lights on the ground so it looks better at night time and it won't be so dark.

Thats all the ideas I usually do on my island but like I said its your island and you make whatever you feel stands out to you.

yea i usually look up make a moodboard on pinterest and look up stuff there. i also watch youtube or twitch streams to get inspo c:
tho if i dont feel like it i dont force it, i sometimes go for a month or longer without really decorating before inspiration strikes and then i play for days on end haha
sometimes happy home paradise also helps with that because you dont have to think about a theme and its not a big area to work on.

I didn’t start over, but I flattened my entire island and became overwhelmed by the space I had to work with.

I mostly looked on Pinterest for flower codes, then went with a color scheme I wanted.
I just messed around with terraforming until I liked the look of it.

It can get exhausting and make you want to stop. But finding a small area and making a picnic, outdoor kitchen, sitting area, tiny library reading area, things like that will start filling it up.

Look on Pinterest and YouTube to get some direction and it may help out!

Thank you all for taking time out of your days to give me some pointers. I’m definitely going to try taking it by area at a time rather than my island as a whole❤️

I hope you find great inspiration soon on how to do your island. But quick question, is there a quicker way to flatten the island? lol

I think of my island as an artistic project and reflection for myself

I honestly rarely start any area with a firm idea of what i want. I get my inspiration from series. I try to replicate favorite buildings or have areas based on various fandoms. Only thing i went in with four fandoms a
I want areas for. Just that. So then built around that.
With those four fandoms I started to fhink about how to incoporate them into areas, had more inspo from the series themselves. My whole market I made based on a fandom. But another thing that can pause inspo is what to so with the villagers.

Welp. I used them as anchors for my bigger ideas. So i never really made them yards. They're houses are just incorporated into my idea. I mean. If you go visit them and see where everyone is its kinda funny how some villagers fit that area then others dont lol.

So yeah. Thats how i get mine and work with obstacles.

But my advice is dont question yourself, or over think it and honestly just start in a single area and work only there. Even if your island has no frame of reference (mine was blank and flat when I started) just start in small stages and that will get the creative thoughts flying.

Last edited:
Hi guys!

Just wondering how you all get motivation to do a section on your island. Since having to restart due to getting a new switch I just have no inspiration, I’m trying to remember all the sections I did on my last island especially the days spent doing the most intricate designs. I kinda know some of the things I want on my island but I do remember the hours I spent I just need a kick up the *** 🤣

Do you guys look at Pinterest or other peoples islands on YouTube for some inspiration or do you just sort of go with the flow?

I’ve ended up rambling but I really wanna get stuff done but after doing all my daily stuff (collecting fossils, collecting nook mile points, hitting rocks, shaking trees and talking to all my villagers) I always just feel a bit ‘meh’.

Any advice? 🙏🏻
Try to find themes....
I saw on Youtube some Islands fully decorated in 1 theme (horror park, Japan, Victorian....) takes time.... but it will trigger your creativity!

I sort of go with the flow or if I want inspiration I look at peoples island tours but I only do a small amount of designing/decorating on my island at a time cause I tend to hate what I have done and re do it over and over :(

Back