Mafia Monster Mash Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

Night One

The Witch was always late to the party. He would take his time preparing his famous party snack, fried spider legs in a creamy frog mucus sauce. This year, he was especially late as he ran into air traffic flying to the Werewolf's mansion. Not wanting the guests to go hungry for too long, the Witch decided to save time by flying through the cemetery. The full moon lit the entire graveyard, making the Werewolf's new gravestone glow brightly.

By the time the Witch arrived, the guests had already learned of the Werewolf's death. The revelation shocked the crowd. Humans dying was common, sure; but a monster? In their hysteria, the party goers immediately accused the Witch. Why was he especially so late to the party? And why did he just come from the cemetery? The Witch tried to explain himself, pulling out his covered cauldron containing his freshly made food. But when he opened it, the crowed gasped at the pot full of wolf fur. The Witch stood expressionless, someone had set him up.

Soon after, the Witch was burned at the stake; the flames burned green.

Trent, the Witch, has been eliminated. He was a vanilla townie.

You have 24 hours to submit your night actions. You may change your action as many times before the deadline.

Last edited:
Hello to any observers. I have created a channel within the Mafia discord server as an observer's chat. If you would like to be added to it, please reach out to me. Thanks!

Day Two

One of the oldest monsters around, the Ghost had been haunting people for centuries. The origins of the Ghost are mostly unknown; so much time has passed that even she does not remember who she was in life. She resided in her mausoleum, which stood at the top of the hill overlooking the cemetery. The mausoleum was decrepit; evidently, she had no descendants to maintain her resting place. The name plate on the building had mostly faded, her name and epithet no longer legible. The only piece of evidence that proved the Ghost's existence in life was a porcelain doll. Despite its age, the doll was well preserved, her dress a beautiful pale green and her smile still warm. The Ghost did not remember what this doll meant to her, but she was fiercely protective of it; for it was the last thing tying her to the mortal realm.

A few hours before the Monster Mash, the Ghost had been looking out of her mausoleum window, stargazing as she would normally do. Suddenly, she heard an unusual sound, shovels piercing the earth. This alarmed the Ghost as the cemetery was old and the last burial had not occurred in decades. She was about to go and investigate, but then suddenly heard the creaking sound of her mausoleum door opening.

While the Witch was being accused of the Werewolf's murder, one guest had thought to ask for the Ghost's opinion for she surely would have seen something from her high view. However, the Ghost had not been at the party at all. With no witness testimonies, the Witch was burned at the stake outside of the Werewolf's mansion.

The
green flames of the Witch's pyre had further alarmed that guest. Why were the flames green and where had the Ghost been? Wanting to investigate further, the guest poked through the embers in the hopes of finding a clue. They soon found pieces of a green doll's dress and pieces of a porcelain face. The guest screamed in horror. The doll was destroyed, severing the Ghost's ties to this world.

Afterwards, the crowd of guests ventured to the Ghost's mausoleum. What they found was a silver name plate replacing her old one. This one reading "Here lies StarlitGlitch, the Third victim of the 2022 Monster Mash. May she finally Rest In Peace."

@StarlitGlitch, the Ghost, has been killed. She was a vanilla townie.

You have 48 hours left to vote.
If @Totally_RandomYT does not contribute a substantial post by the end of D2, they will be replaced.

Remaining Players:

@shawo
@tae
@Sidney
@Totally_RandomYT
@BetsySundrop
@tessa grace
@Sheep Villager

IM HERE TO EXPLAIN!!!

I’m kinda new to forum mafia, and I sorta forgot to check in yesterday, since my family was at my house. So sorry for being sus ig.

So basically, the first message I sent, (The “Got it”) was me being late and saying that to the game starting idrk why I sent it. (I don’t know why I said it) and the second (the one about it being quiet) was me not LOOKING AT HOW MANY PAGES THERE WERE lol. Made me laugh after I read this and how much you guys were confused by me. @shawo is kinda suspicious to me (when I’m writing this part, I’m only at page 14) due to how he reacts to my 2 responses.

(@tae, thx for the tip (maybe like, play more idk homie. ))

I meant to say, as well, thanks for the subtle tips, such as playing more. I keep laughing at what you guys keep saying about me its kinda funny to see the theories that keep popping up and how yall explain it. I’ll answer any more questions that yall have if yall need me to.

Ok after reading more, I’m less suspicious of Shawo, which in turn makes me more suspicious of him. Here’s reasoning. From what you all said abt me, I think that he might have been being coached. See, at the beginning, it was short answers, and less frequent ones too. (ie, the “town” and “Maf” posts) and now they post more frequently and with more to post. Just keep that in mind.

And also, if I’m not active during the 7am-3:45pm range (CST) its just cuz im in school.

(me reading Shawto’s post - Hey guys. Funny theory. What if Random was responding to Daniel's mod PM asking for them to be more active in the thread. Doesn't that offer a perfect explanation for the Got It without making them explicitly mafia?) like I said before, it was just a post that I made saying that I saw the game starting.

Final thoughts.

1 sorry im inactive. I couldn’t get on much and it sucked getting back on.

2. I am a small bit sus of shawo

3. I need to laugh less at people saying theories abt me lol.

ALSO I will not be online from 6:30-8ish CST I have to play for my school’s drumline, so…

Anyways all that to say I wrote this at like 2:30 something CST and have had this on a word document for a few hours if ur reading this at 6 EST sooo
Post automatically merged:

If @Totally_RandomYT does not contribute a substantial post by the end of D2, they will be replaced.
well I'm here now, hope that helps ig

since I’ll just be getting out of a meeting when the thread reopens, i prepped this as a first thoughts on what i missed

1. I’m not rlly concerned about the “got it” and willing to write it off like i did when first seeing- but WHAT was up with the no elim vote and random “idk it’s quiet” then dipping. Could be sus, could be low activity. I don’t trust them but don’t quite feel comfortable voting them yet either.
  2. While I am concerned (slightly) about shawo’s interactions with random, they’ve given good reasoning and seemed to have been trying to push the game further.
  3. Tae townread trent pretty hard from the get go for similar reasons people were mafreading them. (shawo pointed this out too)
  4. originally i was worried it was betsy/shawo or now betsy/tae since they followed shawo in voting for trent. But it seems shawo @ ed both of them to prompt them to do so…That doesn’t seem anything certain.
  5. NOW i worry betsy/tae’s dispute esp so late in the day when it didn’t seem to have much impact was manufactured.
  6. I mentioned trent’s agreement with me worrying me; this is for the same reason him being cool and more certain seeming did. Similar reason why I’m more inclined to trust those that suss me and/or have differing opinions. Anyone trying to be too agreeable with me sets off alarm bells in my head that they’re trying to get my guard down
  7. idk why tessa thinks I was ever no elim. I said multiple times I was just against killing inactive people today. Trent does not fit that bill. Sure, bandwagon, but when your options are elim an active player versus no elim? The active player makes way more sense.

Updated reads as of before d2 start

all i had for starlit was “not enough interaction”

shawo still confuses me but has had a handful of good plays for town and seems to working towards solving. Trent was town but still…like I’m not confident clearing them yet but I’d want to keep them around for a bit and probably wouldn’t vote unless something changes.

tae just generally reads as aggressive to me. Unsure if general play style or sus

random I’m still confused here to be real. - i see something was posted by them so i’ll read and respond to that

betsy I now think could be mafia of their own right.

tessa grace - not certain yet but seems to just be confused on my stances. townlean.

sheep still gives me uneasy vibes.

I just got out of a meeting and now have to get back home, so prolly sporadic posts for a bit

since I’ll just be getting out of a meeting when the thread reopens, i prepped this as a first thoughts on what i missed

1. I’m not rlly concerned about the “got it” and willing to write it off like i did when first seeing- but WHAT was up with the no elim vote and random “idk it’s quiet” then dipping. Could be sus, could be low activity. I don’t trust them but don’t quite feel comfortable voting them yet either.
  2. While I am concerned (slightly) about shawo’s interactions with random, they’ve given good reasoning and seemed to have been trying to push the game further.
  3. Tae townread trent pretty hard from the get go for similar reasons people were mafreading them. (shawo pointed this out too)
  4. originally i was worried it was betsy/shawo or now betsy/tae since they followed shawo in voting for trent. But it seems shawo @ ed both of them to prompt them to do so…That doesn’t seem anything certain.
  5. NOW i worry betsy/tae’s dispute esp so late in the day when it didn’t seem to have much impact was manufactured.
  6. I mentioned trent’s agreement with me worrying me; this is for the same reason him being cool and more certain seeming did. Similar reason why I’m more inclined to trust those that suss me and/or have differing opinions. Anyone trying to be too agreeable with me sets off alarm bells in my head that they’re trying to get my guard down
  7. idk why tessa thinks I was ever no elim. I said multiple times I was just against killing inactive people today. Trent does not fit that bill. Sure, bandwagon, but when your options are elim an active player versus no elim? The active player makes way more sense.

Updated reads as of before d2 start

all i had for starlit was “not enough interaction”

shawo still confuses me but has had a handful of good plays for town and seems to working towards solving. Trent was town but still…like I’m not confident clearing them yet but I’d want to keep them around for a bit and probably wouldn’t vote unless something changes.

tae just generally reads as aggressive to me. Unsure if general play style or sus

random I’m still confused here to be real. - i see something was posted by them so i’ll read and respond to that

betsy I now think could be mafia of their own right.

tessa grace - not certain yet but seems to just be confused on my stances. townlean.

sheep still gives me uneasy vibes.

I just got out of a meeting and now have to get back home, so prolly sporadic posts for a bit

Guarantee it isn't me, which I get it, that's what everyone would say, lol. I think it's tae/?, but can't figure out who the partner would be.

Night One

The Witch was always late to the party. He would take his time preparing his famous party snack, fried spider legs in a creamy frog mucus sauce. This year, he was especially late as he ran into air traffic flying to the Werewolf's mansion. Not wanting the guests to go hungry for too long, the Witch decided to save time by flying through the cemetery. The full moon lit the entire graveyard, making the Werewolf's new gravestone glow brightly.

By the time the Witch arrived, the guests had already learned of the Werewolf's death. The revelation shocked the crowd. Humans dying was common, sure; but a monster? In their hysteria, the party goers immediately accused the Witch. Why was he especially so late to the party? And why did he just come from the cemetery? The Witch tried to explain himself, pulling out his covered cauldron containing his freshly made food. But when he opened it, the crowed gasped at the pot full of wolf fur. The Witch stood expressionless, someone had set him up.

Soon after, the Witch was burned at the stake; the flames burned green.

Trent, the Witch, has been eliminated. He was a vanilla townie.

You have 24 hours to submit your night actions. You may change your action as many times before the deadline.
Hoping goodbye posts are still in vogue, glhf gamers

Guarantee it isn't me, which I get it, that's what everyone would say, lol. I think it's tae/?, but can't figure out who the partner would be.
I also have to question why the nightkill wasn’t you; since i was thinking it would be with your statement about “you know who it is”

I can’t remember the accusation rn but i have to think in regards to that too….Seems like it would’ve been an easy way to pin blame on two people, yeah?

Angry tae is smart tae

Also i am shocked i have not died yet
I'm not surprised I'm still alive. Perfect fall guy....

(I was actually thinking it would be hilarious if tae was det and investigated me, lol. Surprise, both town.)

betsy I now think could be mafia of their own right
This doesn't make sense to me actually. Your original sus of me was based on a convo between me/shawo. If you no longer think shawo is sus, what are you basing it on now if you don't mind my asking?

Gonna iso people and provide thoughts periodically, waiting for computer to charge btw. I have alot to say, also rip starlit wished i could've seen more from you

(I was actually thinking it would be hilarious if tae was det and investigated me, lol. Surprise, both town.)

This doesn't make sense to me actually. Your original sus of me was based on a convo between me/shawo. If you no longer think shawo is sus, what are you basing it on now if you don't mind my asking?
I feel like you're rlly on the defensive side rn I'm gonna be honest betsy

I also have to question why the nightkill wasn’t you; since i was thinking it would be with your statement about “you know who it is”

I can’t remember the accusation rn but i have to think in regards to that too….Seems like it would’ve been an easy way to pin blame on two people, yeah?
It's obvious why I wasn't killed. Trent's final It's betsy/shawo message. Plus you and tae sussing me. I'm the perfect fall guy/ d2 target. I don't like it, but it's good strategy on their part.

sure, yeah

I do still find shawo sus, not enough to be like for sure at this point because they DO seem to be helping town but like…could also be a cover up?? Idk we’ll see

My main issue rn is a few other interactions other people have pointed out. I’ll get them out when I get back on my computer; one is one i mentioned with the weird tangent argument thing at the wnd i saw

honestly i’m suspicious of most everybody rn looking at my list. But I don’t have much aside from gut reads rn

I need to go ISO people….

Gonna iso people and provide thoughts periodically, waiting for computer to charge btw. I have alot to say, also rip starlit wished i could've seen more from you

I feel like you're rlly on the defensive side rn I'm gonna be honest betsy

Well yeah, I'm town. I'm gonna do my best and not give up. I'll respond to any questions anyone has. I don't mind being voted out IF I think I'm leaving behind enough info. So d2 I do plan to ask a ton of questions and give lots of pushback.

I'll try to use brief bullet type points so not so long winded lol....

It's obvious why I wasn't killed. Trent's final It's betsy/shawo message. Plus you and tae sussing me. I'm the perfect fall guy/ d2 target. I don't like it, but it's good strategy on their part.

Hmm yeah i could see that too
that’s also what i was thinking with you not be killed

Then again, could be good meta on your part

sure, yeah

I do still find shawo sus, not enough to be like for sure at this point because they DO seem to be helping town but like…could also be a cover up?? Idk we’ll see

My main issue rn is a few other interactions other people have pointed out. I’ll get them out when I get back on my computer; one is one i mentioned with the weird tangent argument thing at the wnd i saw

honestly i’m suspicious of most everybody rn looking at my list. But I don’t have much aside from gut reads rn

I need to go ISO people….
Cool. And no worries if people want to vote me. It might provide more info. However, it's really bad to lose a town, so I'm up for answering anything.

Hmm yeah i could see that too
that’s also what i was thinking with you not be killed

Then again, could be good meta on your part
Ikr? This is what I love about this game, trying to figure it all out, but it does drive me nuts sometimes with the circular thinking.

idk why tessa thinks I was ever no elim. I said multiple times I was just against killing inactive people today. Trent does not fit that bill. Sure, bandwagon, but when your options are elim an active player versus no elim? The active player makes way more sense.
I feel like this is my second time not understanding the stuff you say and it's honestly embarrassing for me, LMAO
Oh, no one said it directly; Killing off inactive people with nothing to base it on besides inactivity or someone based on vibes with no substance feels random to me

I’d just like something solid-ish to go on for whoever we pick though i realize that may be wishful thinking for day one; if an elim is what we want. And hopefully someone that could claim role check so we don’t lose it d1
I must have been taking this the wrong way and thinking you're not wanting to eliminate anyone. You were saying that you think we should eliminate someone based off of actual reasoning and not inactivity, and this combined with your post with opinions on people that was basically saying you didn't feel too strongly about anyone (minus gut feels n stuff) made me believe that you were supporting a no elimination.

I guess I didn't read into that correctly. Feeling dumb lol. But I agree with what you're saying when it comes to that, so at least that's cleared for me.

I feel like this is my second time not understanding the stuff you say and it's honestly embarrassing for me, LMAO

I must have been taking this the wrong way and thinking you're not wanting to eliminate anyone. You were saying that you think we should eliminate someone based off of actual reasoning and not inactivity, and this combined with your post with opinions on people that was basically saying you didn't feel too strongly about anyone (minus gut feels n stuff) made me believe that you were supporting a no elimination.

I guess I didn't read into that correctly. Feeling dumb lol. But I agree with what you're saying when it comes to that, so at least that's cleared for me.
nah i just wanted some reasoning from somebody that made at least a grain of sense to me and would net us more to work with today

Back