• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Money laundering at Nook's Cranny

Raino

Lurker
Bells
Switch
5118-7316-1225
So, the weirdest thing happened on my island today. I checked today's hot items, and saw that the "pile of cash" was on there. Immediately intrigued, I went and crafted one just to check what it would sell for. As hot items usually sell for 4x the value of whatever crafting materials they require, I figured there was no way that would be the case here.

I was correct, this particular DIY seems to sell for half the value of the crafting materials (3 bags of 99,000 bells) at regular prices, meaning that when it's "hot" you just break even. However! It seems that the developers forgot to take the bell boom ordinance into account, meaning that you actually make a 20% profit on every "pile of cash" you make. Ergo, as long as you've got the initial 297,000 bells to make just one "pile of cash", you can craft one, sell it for a profit of 59,600 bells and then repeat ad infinitum.

Idk, maybe this is common knowledge, but as I've never seen it before in my 3,5 years of playing I thought I'd make a post about it.

TLDR; you can make infinite bells by having the bell boom ordinance + the "pile of cash" DIY as the hot item of the day.

Attachments

• whooey.jpg
    whooey.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
I'll have to be sure to add checking out the hot items each day to my routine from now on to see whether this ever pops up. It's a feature of the game that I kind of stopped paying attention to years ago since it was no longer necessary. Might as well take advantage of this since it's an option though, free bells are free bells. Thank you for sharing this information! :)

I feel as if this could be 100% a broken exploit to earn bells without too much effort being put in. Sadly you have to run outside, preferably place your crafting table right next to Nook's Cranny, craft the item and go back inside Nook's Cranny to sell the item again, rinse and repeat until you're satisfied.

The fact that if you do this a total of 17 times will earn you up to an approximate of 1 million bells.
Course this is very slow to those who time travel, but if you don't and get very lucky with this, you'd absolutely don't WANT to miss out on this opportunity.

this is really a delightful nuance to the game lol. i have never made the pile of cash so i have never thought abt this but its really fun to see it works !

I feel as if this could be 100% a broken exploit to earn bells without too much effort being put in. Sadly you have to run outside, preferably place your crafting table right next to Nook's Cranny

I actually keep one of my diy tables next to nook's and my abd in front of it, just if nothing else for ease of access for like overstuffed bell pockets or hot item miles+ missions etc

Back