Genre: Racing
Number of Players: 1-8 (4 online)
Release Date:
US: November 14, 2005
Japan: December 8, 2005
Canada: November 16 2005

Features: Online

<big><big><big>Intro:</big></big></big><big><big>
So far I feel this is one of the DS's best games. I looked forward to this game a lot more then most games, so I have disided to review it. Enjoy it!

<big><big><big>Sound:</big></big></big><big><big>
The music is some of the best music I have ever heard. i don't know what they did put it sounds right. Now the sound. The sound of things they say when racing were similer to other Mario kart Games. I would say they did not put much work into that. I must say the sound of items like the Blopper splating on your screen, and the bullet going past you and the shells spinning up to you. When things past by you like cars and items they sound good. sound when selecting things and stuff is bad. In general I give the sound a...

8.7/10

<big><big><big>Gameplay</big></big></big><big><big>
I'm going to superate it in parts.

General:
There is a very good selectsion of peaple to use to start and with the karts to start. It was a good idea of them to have an unique kart and a normal style kart per peaple to start. They did a job with selectsion of coruses haft new and half old. And 30+ coruses is alot.

Grand Prix:
Using the point system from MKDD was a good idea of them. They seperated the coruses in to the cups very poorly though I think. i think things are a bit to hard to unlock also.

Time Trials:
This time around you have to unlock Staff Ghosts. What is really cool is you can send and receive Ghosts that you made. Everything else is normal.

VS.:
You don't just chose the CC. You pick the CPU Kart level too. You can chose between: Free, Wins or Races. This is really awsome that you can do teams!!! It's really fun thur DS to DS though. Not very fun with CPUs.

Battle:
This time there is 2 modes in it: Balloon Battle and Shrine Runners. Balloon Battle is the same exspect you get 5 balloons but only one is inflated to start. you have to blow up balloons by blowing in the mic or letting go of a and hold select. Shrin Runners is to see how meny shrines you can get in a time limit.

Missions:
It's a new mode for the Mario kart Seris. There is these missions that tell you to do something besides race. Here is some examples: Drive thur all 5 gates in order, Collect all 15 coins, Destory all 10 item boxes, Preform 4 Power-slide turbo boosts in 1 lap, drive in xxx coruse backward, Get stars and use them to hit 5 Cheep Cheeps. You are ranked one each one.

I would say the Gameplay overall is...

10/10

<big><big><big>Graphics</big></big></big><big><big>
The backround in coruses is in the middle. The items images are good. So are obstcles. The imsges of the peaple could be much better. They did a bad job on that same with the karts. I don't have much to say about the Graphics. Overall of the Graphics i would say...

9.4/10

<big><big><big>Replay Value:</big></big></big><big><big>
The replay value on MKDS is awsome! There is just so much to unlock. and so meny missions. And tons of coruses to play! I would say...

9.9/10

<big><big><big>Online:</big></big></big><big><big>
The online "Wi-Fi" works but could be inproved. I was disapointed when I saw no Battle online.The counnetsion is good though. And speed too. No lag at all! I would say overall the online is...

8.2/10

<big><big><big><big>Overall:</big></big></big></big><big><big>

<big><big><big>MKDS is Turly The Best DS Game Ever Made!</big></big></big><big><big>

Pitures Coming Soon!</big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big>

nice review jsutin. i can tell you worked hard on it. you gave it good grades and comments.

Thanks. It's my first review actully.

That's not out yet. Therefore that does not count.

I'm going to add more and make it longer soon.

Back