• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

March 2021 Update Discussion Thread

Was it on display during his birthday? A friend posted this today; I think there's something weird about birthday decor.

Same here !!! Dom had the new bunny day topiary displayed !

311D7250-A3FC-41CB-8FCA-1BCD0A612D36.jpeg

So I downloaded the update, got the 1 year anniversary cake in the mail, but that is it. There aren't any options to buy increased slots or Custom Design Portal App in the Nook Stop. Is it because I'm not far enough along on my island? I restarted it a few days ago so no Able Sisters yet.

:unsure:

There's so much new cute stuff with this update that I'm low-key sad that I'm gonna have to change my island to accommodate

I just bought a compatible pack of Sanrio amiibo cards. If I read the description, they should work with my game, so hopefully I can get the items later and maybe move Etoile and Chelsea in later. I bought them from Amazon if anyone was wondering. 🙂

So I downloaded the update, got the 1 year anniversary cake in the mail, but that is it. There aren't any options to buy increased slots or Custom Design Portal App in the Nook Stop. Is it because I'm not far enough along on my island? I restarted it a few days ago so no Able Sisters yet.

:unsure:
You buy that stuff with nook miles in the island hall

more design slots is something i really didn't think would happen but i'm so glad it did, and accessing the design portal from your phone is a huge plus. i'm extremely excited for the sanrio villagers, especially their furniture! if i'm able to get my hands on the cards i'm definitely inviting marty and toby to stay forever !!

You buy that stuff with nook miles in the island hall

Yup, I looked there but they don't show up. I can buy other things using Nook Miles but not that stuff. I'm guessing it's because my island is too new. I don't even have Resident Services building or Isabella yet.

Yup, I looked there but they don't show up. I can buy other things using Nook Miles but not that stuff. I'm guessing it's because my island is too new. I don't even have Resident Services building or Isabella yet.
It's probably because you're island is too new, yeah! I would say you'll probably get it after Able Sisters.

Last edited:

My island is pretty new too and I’m in the same situation. I think if I remember correctly, I think I read on either the Nintendo website or AC World that you need to have Ables and access the custom design portal at least once in order to unlock the option to buy the more pattern slots and custom design portal for the Nook Phone.

I used to have Dom on my island and now wish I hadn't let him move since I missed out on his birthday.

But my question is: I've seen some people talking about the new Bunny Day features for 2021 but has anyone heard or discovered what will be happening with cherry blossom season? Will there be any new items?

I used to have Dom on my island and now wish I hadn't let him move since I missed out on his birthday.

But my question is: I've seen some people talking about the new Bunny Day features for 2021 but has anyone heard or discovered what will be happening with cherry blossom season? Will there be any new items?
Hmm thats a good question. They haven't mentioned the Cherry Blossom season. I'd imagine it would be a lot more developed than last year when Bunny Day was conflicting with the event. Don't know if there will be new Cherry Blossom diys though.

I'm kinda late to the party here, but I noticed that same bunny-shaped shrubbery during my second character's birthday. This is Gabi's house (the generic "first peppy villager house" that she's sadly stuck with forever), but there it is, beside the lamp!
2021032018073000-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Gabi, I know you're a (cute) rabbit, but how did you get this? Did Zipper give you it...?

I forgot to post it here last week but, I've found out that the Forsythia and Egg Topiary are now also part of the pool of plant items for birthday room layouts.

During villager birthdays the game uses: a double sofa, radio, and a lamp (all three items have preset colors depending on the personality), then two random plant items. Then the birthday decor.

So it should no longer be a surprise to see these items in the future.

Back