• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

March 2021 Update Discussion Thread

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
Tera Orb
Master Ball
Moon Ball
Love Ball
Pokéball
twitter-isabelle.jpeg

After reviewing the original discussion thread we have decided against reopening it. Instead we are replacing it with this staff-led thread that we will be keeping a closer eye on. So here is the designated spot for discussing the content added in the free update coming March 18th 2021.

Animal Crossing World said:
  • The return of Easter’s Bunny Day event — with new items!
  • New seasonal holiday items, like April Fool’s Day and Prom Night!
  • More Custom Design slots, options, and more!
  • A new currency called Nook Points in the Nook Link smartphone app.
  • Special 1st Anniversary Cake gift celebrating one year of New Horizons.
  • A Nintendo Switch Lite furniture item gift for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers.
  • An intriguing new Island Tour Creator web service allowing you to edit together screenshots and videos.
For more information about the update check out the article Animal Crossing: New Horizons March Update — Everything That’s New & Release Date on Animal Crossing World.

I wonder how many new Bunny Day items there will be? I'm hoping for at least five, but either way I'm just happy there are in fact new items!

The first anniversary cake looks so good I almost want to hire a professional cake person to make one for me but I'm sure I don't have the bells money for that.

I'm really interested to know what types of items they will make buyable in the Nintendo Switch Online app. I think it would be silly to do more Nook themed items since we have so many in the Nook Stop already. Someone in the previous thread said that the Nook Poster that they previewed is located in Resident Services, so maybe these items will be ones that are in NPC locations and currently unobtainable.

Lastly I can't wait to get my hands on Sanrio cards and bring Étoile onto my island! (Can somebody help me with how exactly Étoile is pronounced?)

i'm so happy about the quality of life updates and most importantly the sanrio villagers, i'm really looking forward to having them on my island 😊💕

and although i didn't go to my own prom because i had no interest in it, i'm still really excited for the prom stuff! now i'll have more furniture to choose from when decorating harv's island and i can make a party for my villagers 😁💫
an animal crossing prom sounds way more fun than a real one lol

then finally i can't wait to see the new bunny day items because apparently they're gonna be more bunny themed than egg themed so i'm excited to see how they'll look

I wonder how many new Bunny Day items there will be? I'm hoping for at least five, but either way I'm just happy there are in fact new items!

The first anniversary cake looks so good I almost want to hire a professional cake person to make one for me but I'm sure I don't have the bells money for that.

I'm really interested to know what types of items they will make buyable in the Nintendo Switch Online app. I think it would be silly to do more Nook themed items since we have so many in the Nook Stop already. Someone in the previous thread said that the Nook Poster that they previewed is located in Resident Services, so maybe these items will be ones that are in NPC locations and currently unobtainable.

Lastly I can't wait to get my hands on Sanrio cards and bring Étoile onto my island! (Can somebody help me with how exactly Étoile is pronounced?)
Honestly, if they make the Nook Stop an item where you can pull cash from wherever, that would be amazing. Just thought of that and now I’m getting too excited 😂

Despite wanting more features (yes I'm spoiled), I'm actually really looking forward to this update! I don't think we need a new currency but I do like having something I get to do daily that improves the game (even if its a tiny bit). Hopefully they'll make it accessible for browsers to tho!

But I'm realllyyy looking forward to the slots and the sanrio items! I'm not even that big a sanrio fan but some of the items and clothing looks soooo cuteee! And the slots! Amazing! I love having the nookphone app for designs as well, maybe now I'll start wearing more custom clothing designs. For some reason I haven't done that as much. And the path will finally be coming to my island! Yay 🙏

I think it's promising having this amount of changes, and hopefully they'll keep this up the next months! At least thru summer, because that tends to be the season I play the least

But yay!

Like so many others, I'm excited for the added space because I never dared to dream with custom spaces, because I knew I just didn't have enough spots! I'm also weirdly excited for the uchiwa fan customizations... This update is filled with things I didn't ask for or expect, but am pleasantly surprised are being added! I have a probably misguided strong hope that we'll get something next month.

Also, adding new items for Bunny Day... do we think we'll get new items for all the other events this year? How many years do you think we'll get new items??!!! I wouldn't be surprised if it's just for Bunny Day though, since the other holidays are less.... y'know.... Bunny Day-y...

When exactly will bunny day start? I got the game late april last year so I never played it

I think the island tour creator thing looks interesting! It's a shame the online subscription is needed for it but I still have a couple of months before mine runs out, so I'm going to try to make something nice while I have the chance!

The forsythia looks cool, and I always liked the cool globe from NL so I'm glad they're bringing that back!

I'm glad they're adding new Bunny Day items, too; I was hoping for new recipes or something that would let me play through Bunny Day again without crafting the same things as last year, but at least these items seem like they might be more flexible than last time around.

My current island plans would have had me at exactly 50 regular design slots, but the extra 50 is great so that I can add more stuff! I've been hesitant to overwrite some old designs for the sake of experimenting with new designs. The new Pro Design options are interesting, too! I don't know if I'll use them - whenever I try holding umbrellas or other miscellaneous objects for a bit, I always find myself switching to a shovel or slingshot or something soon after - but it's a nice option and it'd be nice to try to make my own designs for them.

It's pronounced ay-twal! :)

The Nook Points system seems pretty interesting. To be honest, I haven't even touched the Nook Link app on my phone since I first downloaded it so I could get... uhh, I think it was the Pocket Camp items? We got something for downloading it, right?

The Nook Points system seems pretty interesting. To be honest, I haven't even touched the Nook Link app on my phone since I first downloaded it so I could get... uhh, I think it was the Pocket Camp items? We got something for downloading it, right?
I was trying to remember this myself 😅 I think you can look at your catalogue, and when online you can do reactions without having to open up the in-game menu. Don't think it had either of those functions at launch, though.

Back