• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

making flower paths.

Rena.

Bells
I'm just curious, how did you, when your town was still new, start picking and choosing the colors/types of flowers you want along your paths, and how did you start forming them? I have a bunch of breeding areas, and I want to take some and start making paths, but then I think, that's less I can breed. Also, do you just get rid of the colors/types that you don't use, by selling to retail? Any tips on breeding a lot at a time?

I guess I'm just trying to make a better layout for my town but I don't know how to start. So I wanted some firsthand knowledge. I'm just frustrated because I keep breeding but I don't have enough of a specific color for an actual theme.

Thanks guys.

(also, if you want to add me, I need some new FCs)

Hey! I wish I could help you but I have the same questions. My other town was rich but it looked awful because I spent all my bells on my house. I could come and help you decide if you want :D I posted a thread in Re-Tail about how me and my bestie Magicath are designers ^-^ If you want I can look at the pattern and help you plan cx

Well, when I first started out I basically just put a pattern of the same flower type but different colours along my path, because I didn't have a lot of hybrids. I still have a few of those.
I think that red and yellow looks pretty good together. When I get enough hybrids for it I'm making a pink/white lily path and a yellow/orange one.
I also have paths that are bush/white rose, but I've started to kind of get rid of the white roses in my town now.
I think that when I get a lot of hybrids (like a LOT) I'll start slowly switching out my normal flowers for hybrids, but I haven't come that far in breeding yet ^^'

When I don't need any normal flowers I sell them at retail, but if they're hybrids I either store them on my second beach or trade them online :>

What i do every time i restart my town is gather up all the breeds of flowers and allocate them different spots in my town. Once they have been split up i water each and all of them once (or twice to be sure i didnt miss one). If you do this for about a week, making sure to run around and take the hybrids out of the groups and picking up other flowers that grew that day and sorting them out, then you will hopefully have payed of your mortgage. After you pay of your mortgage (the 32000 or so one) the island unlocks. Head to the island and do tours (bug tours are best especially butterfly ones) and fill your inventory with flowers. you will have heaps by the end.

Edit: Oh and if you are wanting one specific colour, sort your flowers out and only have 2 flowers that can assure you of getting one offspring. ie yellow next to red roses not yellow next to other yellow and red roses.

Last edited:
first up i just randomly picked every flower i could find but i eneded up choosing that i loved tulips so i got all tulips but i didnt use black bc my town is quite colourful. part from around one house bc he is a gothic character.

you cant make a town in a month. it takes atleast a year.. or more... yes you may restart and restart but trust me you will find something.
For getting rid of them for common ones, i just run around lots and i just sell the hybrids online.
you dont have to have a specific theme. I personally love towns that have chacter and more of what the creator likes not just the standard fairy or forest town.

go with your gut.

Back