• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Made up character name vs your name

Do you make up a new name for your character or use your own?

• Made up name

Votes: 61 44.5%
  • Your own name

Votes: 76 55.5%

• Total voters

mayor-rain

Bells
Switch
2554-4894-9593
I was wondering, do you guys make up a name for your AC character or do you go with your own name? I think it would be interesting to hear different responses/reasoning for both!

Not too sure yet, i'm stuck between luna, nova, amber or lunova. Quite a few people use luna and I want to be more unique.

I usually use my first name, but I play differently nowadays.

i’ll be using my real name but my two side characters will have madeup names c:

I don't use my real name anymore due to a bad experience I had from Wild World. I've used Khaelis ever since.

I don't use my real name in any games so obvious I'm going to with something else.

I used to use my actual name, but this time around I'm going with a nickname haha

I don't use my real name anymore due to a bad experience I had from Wild World. I've used Khaelis ever since.

I'm really curious as to what the experience was. You don't have to share if it makes you uncomfortable though, of course.

New Horizons will be a special game since it'll be the first AC game that I'll get to play from the beginning with my current name. I've always used my real name, but between the launch of New Leaf and now I've come out as trans and so I have a different name now.

I did remake my town in NL at that point so I could have a girl character with my new name, but sadly it was kind of... late. I'd already played the game enough that I didn't feel like doing much more, so I'm truly excited to play NH from the beginning as a girl with my name!!

I'm really curious as to what the experience was. You don't have to share if it makes you uncomfortable though, of course.

Someone found out where I lived and started threatening me.

I use my real name for my player, but most of the time once I make a new villager I just make up a random cute name. Usually the secondary chaacters get their own houses with special themes so I try to base the names off the theme I'm going for.

I always use the name Ghoste. However, my pocket camp character is my real name!

I just use my first name since I won't be getting sick of that one. I don't plan on playing with strangers.

New Horizons will be a special game since it'll be the first AC game that I'll get to play from the beginning with my current name. I've always used my real name, but between the launch of New Leaf and now I've come out as trans and so I have a different name now.

I did remake my town in NL at that point so I could have a girl character with my new name, but sadly it was kind of... late. I'd already played the game enough that I didn't feel like doing much more, so I'm truly excited to play NH from the beginning as a girl with my name!!

I'm so glad you'll get to play through with your real name!! Also I love your icon, is it a Picrew or did you draw it? If it is a picrew do you know which one it was?

Ahh this is so awesome. I?m so excited for you!

Back