• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Made up character name vs your name

Do you make up a new name for your character or use your own?

• Made up name

Votes: 61 44.5%
  • Your own name

Votes: 76 55.5%

• Total voters
Made up names. The first town I made I did use my nickname. But every town since then I try to make up names to match the town name :)

I'm so glad you'll get to play through with your real name!! Also I love your icon, is it a Picrew or did you draw it? If it is a picrew do you know which one it was?

Thanks!! And yeah it is a picrew, I should put a link to that somewhere (signature I guess?) to properly credit the artist. For now, here's the link (the artist is citruslucy): https://picrew.me/image_maker/136066

It's fine, my parents quickly sorted it out when I told them. The threats didn't last very long, but it was a bit disturbing for a young teenager at the time.

I'm glad your parents were able to help you. It's really wild to me that someone could find where you live based on your name alone. I can imagine it would be terrifying though.

I was going to use my real name...but now I am thinking about using Mila. I like that name.

I'll be using a made up name, as usual. I don't like my real name, haha. I tend to name my characters after whatever final look I plan on giving them and the theme I'm basing my town around. In each Animal Crossing game I played, my characters were all named differently, so chances are that in New Horizons, I'll be choosing brand new names, as well. I wish there were a fearure in which we could change our names without having to erase our characters though, since I tend to be indecisive about names or themes.

Not too sure yet, i'm stuck between luna, nova, amber or lunova. Quite a few people use luna and I want to be more unique.

Personally, I think Lunova is an awesome name! It's unique and fun sounding! :)

I'll likely go with Platypi as my name.

I mean, back then I always used a made up name. But nowadays I just use my real name.

My real name bc it feels more personal as if it's actually me in a faraway place.

My real name is from a popular book and people often make reference to it, so I?m using Sprout instead.

I used to prefer just putting my name, but I have a lot more fun putting made-up names that match themes nowadays! I just use Chamomile a lot, since it's in the daisy family, so it feels similar but also sort of fun and different!

I use my real name for the main character and then make up names for the other player characters

I never use my real name. I'm not really attached to it. I always use my username/gamer handle Destani or make up a new name if that doesn't fit the character I want to create.

Character creation is one of my favorite parts in almost any game so I never make the character resemble myself. I have created a plethora of original characters over the years and I love them all.

Last edited:
I usually make up a name for my character based on the theme of the town, but this time I'll be using my real name to connect with the town on a more personal level.

Back