• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mabinogi ~ Discussion/Matchmaking

nekosync

:-)
Bells
July Birthstone (Ruby)
mabinogi_10.jpg

official website: [x]

Anyone else play this game? I haven't seen any threads about it, so I thought I'd make one. It's an mmoRPG made in 2003 and it's a simulator game. It isn't entirely combat based; you can cook, make clothes, compose & play music (using MIDl files). The community is very nice, too! :) It's not like all the other MMORPGs, and has a pretty good storyline. It was also rated 9/10 by Steam.

Uh long rant about the game, the game is nice but it isnt new person friendly in the terms that you would have to invest a lot of money to do anything in the game plus you can basically buy your way into " end game", nexon also is terrible company like so bad.
The community is really nice but people that still play the game have been playing for years.
One thing clear, I would like to make, The game/ Story line/skills/ Etc is wonderful as it is, it just the company that owns NA is terrible greedy company that only wants money.

TL:DR for my rant in the spoiler
- Nexon is a terrible customer support company, taking months, a year or not even replying to answer tickets, most of the time they dont even bother to fix what ever you're having a issue with ( lost some in game items to a server crash, they wont refund you.)
- All their customer support goes into Maplestory, workers form nexon stated that the required amount of people for game customer support was way below required.
-The game always breaks with glitches, issues, rollbacks, laggy as all hell. Nexon will take weeks to address a issue and break everything else in the process.
- Basically Pay to win/ Pay to play, We have rebirth to reset your level, 8 dollars to Rebirth or have to wait 4 weeks to rebirth for free players, before you had to buy pets, extra charcaters to have inv since their game had grid invs, and to sell stuf fin a shop/house you had to buy their prem which was 15 bucks on top of whatever else you buy every month.
- You can buy your way into "end game" basically with skill training bots, Artisan upgrades, enchants. etc
-Hard to make gold in the game if you're new, Would have to invest a lot of money to make in game gold. ( Focusing on new players)
-Nexon will ban you for no reason, or their mistake !( People would get ban for issues with paypal, They rolled back once a week, and people that bought nexoncash got banned and had to pay to get their accounts back because they got refunded their money back.)

Bright side,
You can make a lot of money off this game
The community is really nice, most players if not all are people who been playign for years.
You can train your skills all day, or just afk and show your clothes like most people XD
Lots of stories/questline to do, events and stuff c:
In the old times a lot of peopel did more dungeon runs but not so much but you can always find people willing to help you with quest, dungeon runs c: help with story lines
Nexon added free inv about a year ago so that was nice of them, also the ability to have a shop, Though you have to be online and on the same channel or it closes.
-The ability to make your own music using midi, playing instruments was always probably my favorite feature

The game is nice and stuff its just the evil company of nexon is so bas also, Their Customer support is terrible it can take them 3-4 months on average to reply to a ticket issue, sometimes even a year!!! I know lots of people who dont get a reply until months later, if there sometime wrong with the game ( glitches, hacks ( yes this game used to get hacked a lotttt) It takes them weeks to fix it and most of the time they dont fix it, or if they do they break a bunch of other things. Nexon would ban random people for no reason, like legit no reason and wouldnt unban them or make them pay to unban them. Nexon had a reroll because their servers were getting hacked, so people who put money onto their account basically got refunded and because of this nexon ban them and said they had to pay x3 the amount they bought to get their accounts back, FOR THEIR MISTAKE!!!.
This game is really laggy most of the time, its server related not even client related.

I played this game, I kinda not really still play after about 5 years LOL. It is just this game isnt new people friendly unless you want to dump a lot of money into this game, this game by far is one of those Play to pay/ Play to win games. They offer so much stuff that you can basically buy your way basically into " end game mode"
I dont know about other servers but on Ruairi Basically its just AFK show off your clothes, Fashionogi is what this game is basically called.
People will throw their money away for clothes, Wings that litterally do nothing but purely cosmetic depending on the color can go up to 150$.

There are also a lot of people that dont sell for real money but like a bunch of ingame gold which is really hard to obtain unless you have stuff to sell, People mostly buy clothes and dyes and to get these items you need to put money in, again to my point this isnt a really new game player game. I used to sell dyes, I would make money good money but You need gold to buy dyes from other people or pay 10 bucks to get a dye well.
On the side note you can make a lot of inreal life money off of this game, but to new players it isnt the best since people that play mabinogi have been playing mabinogi for years and basically know each other, so you have to get vouch for not being a scammer.

Last edited:
Oh, man...last time I played Mabinogi was when there was a treasure hunting event when dowsing was first introduced in the game, along with elves and giants. I think Generation 2 was just coming out when I quit; I dunno how much has changed since last I played (besides multiple patches and updates), so my opinions are just based off of when I last played.

I never completed the first main storyline; even when I joined a guild, I couldn't find anyone to party up with to help me with the later quests. I never really encountered any sort of a kind community of any sort in that game.

I spent most of my time editing midi files, pulling them apart, and changing them into the format for the game and just playing in various towns and cities. I also enjoyed being able to make and dye my own outfits, but for the most part acted as a bard.
A little bit of fun with that...on April 1st, I went to different major cities and Rick Rolled people (cause back then, it was still a thing). I might still have video footage from when I recorded it (I'd have to look).

Combat (particularly dungeons) was a pain in the butt; I did enjoy the challenge to it (and, yes, there is a steep learning curve to the combat system), but literally wasting over fifteen minutes just sitting in a dungeon to regain HP and MP because you don't want to waste your pots was NOT fun.

When I played, group/team mechanics was crap; it was far too easy to get overwhelmed by a group of mobs, and wind up dying on the first or second room of a dungeon. Not just saying this because I played as a solo player; even solo players know when they need to team up to advance or get better stuff.

It did take a long time to earn gold, especially if you tried to do it via dungeons. After some time, it didn't take long to learn the patterns of the mobs and bosses, but the dungeons were long and (especially playing solo) there would be times when you just had to sit and wait to recover point in order to continue.

Then, like Nidalee said, it's what we call a "pay-to-win game". If you aren't paying, you've already lost half of your bank space; should you ever pay for it and it runs out, the items stored in that section of your bank are inaccessible unless you pay them again to get that half of your bank back.

Abilities to enjoy the game, such as being able to be revived in a dungeon or on the spot, was also a paid service. Certain potions, larger bags, etc...all needed real life money. This is ultimately one reason why I quit the game; because it's a pay-to-win game.
The other reason was that I could never find anyone to help me out with the main scenario quest, so even as Generation Two was coming out and people were preparing for the Paladin update, I wasn't even halfway done with the first story because I couldn't find anyone to help me (a lower "level" player) out.

Mabinogi was a good concept, but it was one of those games which could only be enjoyed to the fullest if you:
-Paid real life money
-Were actually able to get in a good guild or had friends who played who could help you out with the storyline quests

Again, I don't know how much has changed since I last played it, but I feel no want or need to go back into the game.

This is to a great degree conventional post........you shook posting it......thanks a lot.......!!!

Back