• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

⚡️ Looking for help for my Harry Potter themed Island 🪄

I found a nice looking Hedwig umbrella on the Custom Design Portal that I put by my mailbox so it looks like Hedwig is delivering mail. Once I angled it correctly it ended up looking really good.

313431376_10225587046035834_7803033121421058865_n.jpg

Another person mentioned a house that looked like Hagrid’s. It would be neat to array certain things around Hagrid's hut, like the Pumpkin Carriage to stand for that crazy big Pumpkin he grew. Maybe a dragon from the Custom Design Portal to represent Norbert. I’d put a forest behind the hut to stand for the forbidden forest, you can have lots of fruit trees there. A tarantula model can stand for Aragog, and you could try getting multiple normal spider models around it to represent all of Aragog’s deadly children. You could even add the Small Mannequin to be running in front of all those spiders, and perhaps a Mini Car or Luxury Car somewhere amid the trees to stand for the Flying Car that crashed there.

I feel like your basement would do well as Snape's dungeon classroom. A white board can be put up front (you can customize it to a blackboard if you'd rather). Directly in front of that you could have a Teacher's Desk with some of the creepier looking diving critters on it. You could use School Chairs placed by Suspicious Cauldrons or Kettle Bathtubs as if they were mixing potions. The Skeleton, Anatomy Model, and Australopith can lend creepiness to the room.

Other indoor options include Professor Tralawney's tower in the upper room. You can use the Fortune Telling Set, various Teacups, Power Stones, or Plasma Balls. You can then use Piles of Zen Cushions, Cushions, and Zen Cushions spread around the room.

You might also be able to do a Dumbledore office. You could use a Modest Cap for Sorting Hat, a Newton’s cradle, and the Bird Cage to represent Faux. An imperial pot can have a specialized design to make it look like Dumbledore’s pensieve. Same with a Bath Bucket. You could have a candy piece to represent the Muggle candy Dumbledore likes.

If you have a bathroom in your house, you could put a Ghost cutout there to stand for Moaning Myrtle, along with some kind of divider and then a Kettle Bathtub to show them making PolyJuice Potion in another stall.

Another cool outdoor option would be the cave Sirius hung out in. You could use the Cave furniture piece, and a Puppy Plushie to represent Sirius. A Buckbeak pattern from the portal would round it off.

You could also show the Graveyard scene from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. You can use Western Style Stones or Zen Style Stones for the graves. A Fish Trophy or Bug Trophy can stand for the portkey/trophy. You could use a Rescue Mannequin lying on the ground for Cedric, and you could likely get a design from the Portal for both Harry and Voldemort. A Zodiac Rat Figurine could stand for Scabbers.

There are also tons of different wands in Animal Crossing, and they would make a nice Wand Shop area for Diagon Alley. You could spread them along tables or booths as if they were for sale.

While the Portal doesn't have Basilisks specifically, it does have a lot of snakes that could stand for a Basilisk. You could have a snake cutout along with a Rescue Mannequin and a SLR Camera to represent the basilisk attack on Colin.

This might be too subtle to actually work, but you can also see if you can find a way to incorporate the Fat Lady Painting by using a Fake Wistful Painting. The Fake Wistful Painting is one of Animal Crossing’s “haunted paintings”, which change at night. In this case, the figure of the painting’s eyes are open during the day and closed during the night, so she can be used as the Gryffindor’s Fat Lady painting which is always falling asleep at inopportune moments.

Frugal hat in brown, looks just like the sorting hat. Set it on a table with a throne next it and ready to sort your villagers.

I saw a really amazing Harry Potter-themed island a while ago that created the Hogwarts castle in a really interesting way. They used terraforming, simple panels, and stone steps to create a sort of base for it, and then had four houses in a sort of square (two on a higher level,) to represent Ravenclaw Tower and Griffindor Tower at the top, and then Hufflepuff near the kitchen and Slytherin's dungeons at the bottom.

I can not find the exact item in New Horizons but one of the banners that you can edit to custom designs you could make a couple for each Hogwarts house.

1667556162084.png
I think you can edit this banner to a custom design.

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and think a Harry Potter themed island would be awesome. That being said, there are so many great suggestions in this thread that there's not much for me or anyone else to add to it. I think you should use the ideas people have said in this thread, and your own creativity to fill in the gaps, to make your Harry Potter themed Island. Maybe if you need more ideas in the future you could post pictures of specific areas you want ideas for and some finished areas so people can have a better idea of what your looking for🙂

You could make a version of the leaky cauldron and privet drive. someone made a hogwarts express with the cut out standees so when u walk behind it it looks lime you are looking out the window. you could use those dead trees to make a forbidden forest(and get a tarantula model made to be aragog). you could make gringotts,diagon alley and hogsmeads. honeydukes would be cool. oh someone made a weazleys wizard wheezes and had a custom design of the outside where the mechanic fred/george was lifting his hat. i wish i could remember the code for you. you may find it on google. it looks amazing!

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and think a Harry Potter themed island would be awesome. That being said, there are so many great suggestions in this thread that there's not much for me or anyone else to add to it. I think you should use the ideas people have said in this thread, and your own creativity to fill in the gaps, to make your Harry Potter themed Island. Maybe if you need more ideas in the future you could post pictures of specific areas you want ideas for and some finished areas so people can have a better idea of what your looking for🙂
Good point actually

Back