• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Longest time you've played for without taking a break?

16 hours and 48 minutes, on June 29th, 2013.

It was great. I still remember this day with an incredible fondness, because I'll never be able to do that again. I was still on my first year of medical school, didn't have my dog, was at the beginning of my winter break, with my weeks(?) old New Leaf. I woke up early, opened my 3DS, and only turned off the game right before sleeping. Stayed inside the entire day, snacked on almonds and seeds a few times and had maybe 2 toilet breaks?

*sigh* This year my max was 3 hours and 12 minutes on October 3rd. Most days I played one, two hours maybe.

All day whenever I'm looking for a PWP or landscaping.
Embarrassing? I know.

Last edited:
According to my activity log, the longest stretch I've played is 43 minutes.

I'm not entirely surprised - I really only get a chance to play in between everything else that needs doing. I will say that fragmented play sessions get annoying VERY quickly, and despite what reviewers claim, this is definitely the kind of game that you can just sit down and play for hours.

Chances are I'll be able to play a bit longer during the holidays, though - the store is closed for the week, so even if it's unpaid, I'm still TECHNICALLY on a vacation.

According to my activity log, the longest stretch I've played is 43 minutes.

I'm not entirely surprised - I really only get a chance to play in between everything else that needs doing. I will say that fragmented play sessions get annoying VERY quickly, and despite what reviewers claim, this is definitely the kind of game that you can just sit down and play for hours.

Chances are I'll be able to play a bit longer during the holidays, though - the store is closed for the week, so even if it's unpaid, I'm still TECHNICALLY on a vacation.
That's a average tho like how on average long do you play.

Hmmmmmmm I've played a while maybe 5 hours?

My current session is about thirteen or so hours long, and I've livestreamed twice during the day. I have TT'd a couple times though, and I'm not sure how much my activity log will day I played for...

I'm coming up to 16 hours
It's 1:45am

I ended up playing for seventeen hours, and finally stopped at 3am

Last edited:
Probably a good 16hrs back when the game first released and I camp resetted for skye, And that was before I knew when you first build the camp you have a 100% chance of getting a camper. >>;

Last edited:
AT LEAST 8 hours in a row.
Maybe more on some occassions?
But 8 hours for sure. I do nightshift as receptionist in a hostel and I had plenty of weekday night shifts where I would literally not see anybody for my entire 8-hour-shift.
So I would enjoy myself with the game. At most (if you call it a break) I might Save&Quit and then proceed to timetravel once, if I get fed up with playing around on the island due to everything being closed at 3 Am xD

My standard is more likely multiple 10-minute to 1 hour sessions throughout the day though.

I had about 6 hours of nonstop play time which is the longest I ever did. Those hours was all for some turnip prices and letting people sell in my town. :<

Back