• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Let Me Pour Out My Thoughts...

Temari

Bells
Galaxy Easter Egg
Kirby Easter Egg
Heart Glow Wand
White Feather
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Dark Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Candy Easter Egg
3-15-10

Today I was reading something my second cousin wrote. I relized it was all about me. She wrote very rude things in that page of writing and most of the stuff she wrote wasn't even ture.

What she wrote:

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">This has been bothering me for awhile, so I want to rant or whatever for a little bit L_L.

Okay, first, have you ever had the feeling someone is copying you? Like, it's not obvious at first until you see little things that start to show up? I'm all for being inspired and picking up little things from things you've seen (listening to new music, trying a different drawing style, trying out copic markers, etc...), but when it's at the point of being flat out CREEPY, it MUST stop!

Such as, copying EXACTLY what you favorite on deviant art, want the SAME exact colored/ink pencils with the SAME exact brand, and even all the way down to the type of pencil you use to draw.

Idolization is OK, as long as it doesn't become mere copy-catting that's just plain creepy XP.

To top it off, I'm broke. I'm broke, and would very much like a tablet. But I can't have someone right now rubbing the fact that they could even afford a CHEAPER tablet in my face, waving it around like it was some trophy to mock me. Um, HELLO? I'm a broke college kid who wants a tablet, and can't STAND it when you parade something in my face right now.

I realize that the person I'm mostly venting about is one of my friends on DA, and for that person, I'm sorry. I don't want to make you cry or anything, but I just think it's a bit extreme to see like...EXACT things that I do in my art, and I want it to stop. Seriously. I have no idea if it's just a coinscidence, or whatever, but right now I'm taking it as creepy idol worship.

*rant end*

Ok, so anyway...with being a broke college girl being said, I think I'll make a list in the future about commissions. I want to do commissions when I get a bit better at drawing, and I will charge you. And seriously right now, I want to draw for myself.</div>

Reading that made me wanna cry. I didn't understand. I wasn't even rubbing it in her face...

I don't care if anyone thinks I'm complaining...I just wanted to share it...Just think about it...What if someone said that to you?

Back