Lesbian And Gay Couples In Disney And Cartoon Network

Hitler was heterosexual and caused the deaths of around 20 million people. HIV/AIDS killed about 1.5 million people in 2013.

Why are you stereotyping people based on sexual orientation? Some people are good people and some people are terrible people. I'm not pardoning Hitler's actions because he's straight. Great logic m8

Why are you stereotyping people based on sexual orientation? Some people are good people and some people are terrible people. I'm not pardoning Hitler's actions because he's straight. Great logic m8

i can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic, the edgy dudebro, or are just truly not used to thinking.

What I'm saying is even if gay people knowingly spread the disease it was only two people that spread it. Yes, you're right there are horrible people out there but you shouldn't assume the rest of the race, gender, sexual orientation etc. is horrible too which is what you were saying. Two people is not equal to a whole group of people being terrible, like in the Hitler example. I think you may be being slightly hypocritical.

anyway, i think the representation is nice. it's a good way to normalize other sexualities.
however, i don't really think that disney is a good network to broadcast same-sex couples on? going back to what another user said, that whole good luck charlie thing was a complete fiasco, confirming the old fact that adults can't handle watching happy people being happy without resorting to chaotic violence.
plus, disney isn't that great of a role model. that frozen "same-sex couple" was extremely subtle, one second out of however many minutes frozen lasted, and not representation at all. (if someone could provide me with a link to someone in disney saying that that was a same-sex couple and not fan speculation, that'd be great.) disney has yet to make any major non-white female protagonists, other than tiana, mulan, lilo, jasmine, and pocahontas. it's like they're scared of making anyone/anything that's different from their boring color scheme.
so that all goes to say that disney kinda sucks. but then again, that's my onion.

cartoon network is pretty good though. i haven't heard about any controversy other than people maybe getting a little iffy about possible more-than-friendly relations between marceline and princess bubblegum. yay for them, i guess.

What I'm saying is even if gay people knowingly spread the disease it was only two people that spread it. Yes, you're right there are horrible people out there but you shouldn't assume the rest of the race, gender, sexual orientation etc. is horrible too which is what you were saying. Two people is not equal to a whole group of people being terrible, like in the Hitler example. I think you may be being slightly hypocritical.

I don't see where you got the number "2" people or anything, but I never said LGBT people are horrible. You're drawing to conclusions and I think many LGBT people are amazing people. And again, the "Hitler example" does not work at all and just does not make sense. I can't be being hypocritical because I never said anything that went against my original statement.

I think Disney should start taking risks like that. At the end of the day, people aren't gonna automatically become open to the idea one day. Disney normalising alternative sexualities would impact the way young children think about love, and I think that's a very important message.

I think Disney should start taking risks like that. At the end of the day, people aren't gonna automatically become open to the idea one day. Disney normalising alternative sexualities would impact the way young children think about love, and I think that's a very important message.

yeah, that's true. i'm glad disney thought about something other than money for once.
introducing that kind of stuff to kids at an early age is fantastic.

I don't see where you got the number "2" people or anything, but I never said LGBT people are horrible. You're drawing to conclusions and I think many LGBT people are amazing people. And again, the "Hitler example" does not work at all and just does not make sense. I can't be being hypocritical because I never said anything that went against my original statement.

Earlier you said something like "I don't agree with this at all. I hate gay peoplebecause they are the reason we have AIDS." I get two people from one spreading the disease (could be knowingly, having intercourse with a homosexual) then the one that had received the disease spreading it (probably knowingly if they got sick and their parter was sick). Maybe I misunderstood your first post but that was what I read it as.

Last edited:

man i lvoe when you post in threads because your icon is so hot and bowie is so hot so it's nice to have some young hot bowie face in threads

and nah, it's all good. i think it's dang neat that gay people are shgowing up in kids shows now.
even if it is... gay

Last edited:
What couples are you refering to on CN?

And the only one on disney channel is the good luck charlie one?

Just kidding! I don't hate gays but I still won an argument against my own beliefs!!

What couples are you refering to on CN?

And the only one on disney channel is the good luck charlie one?

As far as I'm aware the following are the only lesbian/gay couples on Cartoon Network:
Princess Bubblegum and Marceline from Adventure Time (Has been confirmed by people working on the show. Couldn't be more canon without someone explicitly stating that they've dated.)
The couple from Clarence.
Ruby and Sapphire from Steven Universe (Including it because most others have, but both are non-binary thus it's not a lesbian/gay couple.)

Sadly, I'm pretty sure Good Luck Charlie is the only instance from Disney Channel.

Last edited:
It's great that they're supporting these types of relationships nowadays.

At least we can forget about the infamous "cousin" relationship...that's for sure.

I'm glad they never dubbed S, SuperS and Stars here, wouldn't surprised me if they'd done the same.

Kind of an a-hole move though, I'm still think lower of you. Congrats for beating a middle schooler in an argument.

Considering you don't think your arguing skills are worth anything I don't see why you would think your opinion matters either. Reported. Bye.

Back