Lesbian And Gay Couples In Disney And Cartoon Network

oswaldies


Bells
Disney and Cartoon Network have added 1 or more lesbian or gay couples into shows, I think it's great, but some parents are asking them to be taken out because they don't want their children to see gay or lesbian couples because they think it's "wrong". I think it's great that they are doing this, you guys?

I think it is great that they are being put into childrens movies, in the movie Paranorman I loved how there was Jock type character in there and the sister was hanging off of him and at the end he said to her you will love my boyfriend

It's great that they're supporting these types of relationships nowadays.

At least we can forget about the infamous "cousin" relationship...that's for sure.

I think it is great that they are being put into childrens movies, in the movie Paranorman I loved how there was Jock type character in there and the sister was hanging off of him and at the end he said to her you will love my boyfriend

Yeah, like even if they don't show them dating the same sex, it's good that they just mention it!

I think it's great that both networks are including more same-sex relationships. I still think they could do more, especially Disney. However, I understand why they don't from a financial stand point, as well as for the safety of the cast in the case of shows in which children have roles. Disney obviously don't want a repeat of what happened after Good Luck Charlie aired an episode with a same-sex couple and that's completely understandable. However, a lot of the time the issue is money. Such as was the case with the removal of a same-sex couple in Gravity Falls, in The Love God. As far as I'm aware the only reason the couple was removed was that same-sex relations are too taboo or straight up against the law in many countries in which the show airs, for example - Russia.

Wow i didn't know that. It's a great thing. Parents can at least respect it and not get crazy about it.

There's a gay couple in Frozen with children, you know. In all honesty, I'm waiting for a Disney film with two gay men as the main characters.

What couples are they? I mean in the shows.
Garnet is made of lesbians and that makes me so happy you don't even know. They even confirmed it.

There's a gay couple in Frozen with children, you know. In all honesty, I'm waiting for a Disney film with two gay men as the main characters.

Same here, same here...

Disney obviously don't want a repeat of what happened after Good Luck Charlie aired an episode with a same-sex couple and that's completely understandable. However, a lot of the time the issue is money. Such as was the case with the removal of a same-sex couple in Gravity Falls, in The Love God. As far as I'm aware the only reason the couple was removed was that same-sex relations are too taboo or straight up against the law in many countries in which the show airs, for example - Russia.

That's kind of a crap reason. *****es will complain about anything and everything that doesn't perfectly align with their views, no reason to stay stuck in the past because of it. Also, those people that are complaining about homosexuality not being family friendly and sending death threats are trash.

It's great that they're supporting these types of relationships nowadays.

At least we can forget about the infamous "cousin" relationship...that's for sure.

Oh god, I cringe every time I remember this.

But I am glad that gay and lesbian couples are being featured in cartoons and kids movies. :3

That's kind of a crap reason. *****es will complain about anything and everything that doesn't perfectly align with their views, no reason to stay stuck in the past because of it. Also, those people that are complaining about homosexuality not being family friendly and sending death threats are trash.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with Disney or anyone else removing same-sex couples in their media. The queer community needs all the representation that it can get. Especially from media aimed at children. However at the same time I can still see where these companies are coming from, especially Disney. Money wise, they would lose a lot and they would jeopardise the company's reputation. Meaning potentially Disney wouldn't just be losing money on their shows but their movies and other assets too. Even if the money doesn't worry you, which is logical, Disney isn't currently at any risk of going under. Doing something controversial could still lead to job losses for workers. As for the death threats, it's still very important to look out for the cast. Let's not forget the death threats were being sent to the main character on Good Luck Charlie, the baby. That much hate directed towards someone so young could very easily cause mental issues later in life.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with Disney or anyone else removing same-sex couples in their media. The queer community needs all the representation that it can get. Especially from media aimed at children. However at the same time I can still see where these companies are coming from, especially Disney. Money wise, they would lose a lot and they would jeopardise the company's reputation. Meaning potentially Disney wouldn't just be losing money on their shows but their movies and other assets too. Even if the money doesn't worry you, which is logical, Disney isn't currently at any risk of going under. Doing something controversial could still lead to job losses for workers. As for the death threats, it's still very important to look out for the cast. Let's not forget the death threats were being sent to the main character on Good Luck Charlie, the baby. That much hate directed towards someone so young could very easily cause mental issues later in life.

I can understand the hate thing but the rest is silly. This isn't the 1990's or whatever, it's 2015 and I somehow doubt Disney will be affected by a bunch of whiny, self entitled homophobes. *shrug*

I can understand the hate thing but the rest is silly. This isn't the 1990's or whatever, it's 2015 and I somehow doubt Disney will be affected by a bunch of whiny, self entitled homophobes. *shrug*

Granted Disney wouldn't lose much from queerphobic people in places like America, and the UK, however elsewhere potential media that features queer characters would risk getting banned. (Again, places like Russia.) I agree Disney should stand its ground, and give the queer community more representation. However it is still a company, meaning its soul purpose is to make money. I am not saying Disney shouldn't have more queer characters, I just unfortunately can't see it happening anytime soon.

Granted Disney wouldn't lose much from queerphobic people in places like America, and the UK, however elsewhere potential media that features queer characters would risk getting banned. (Again, places like Russia.) I agree Disney should stand its ground, and give the queer community more representation. However it is still a company, meaning its soul purpose is to make money. I am not saying Disney shouldn't have more queer characters, I just unfortunately can't see it happening anytime soon.

Eh, agree to disagree. I still things are changing in that regard, albeit slowly but still.

There's nothing wrong with gay people and they're no different from people in general aside from their sexuality. It's amusing when people complain about people who aren't straight but have no solid reason, they hate them solely because they're gay. Aside from that, it's great that disney is finally releasing films with these types of couples, but seriously it's 2015. Reguardless, people should be accepting of sexuality by this point. Otherwise they're just being immature since there's really no reason to hate on gay people. In my opinion, people who hate gays or any sexuality other than straight are just ignorant

There's nothing wrong with gay people and they're no different from people in general aside from their sexuality. It's amusing when people complain about people who aren't straight but have no solid reason, they hate them solely because they're gay. Aside from that, it's great that disney is finally releasing films with these types of couples, but seriously it's 2015. Reguardless, people should be accepting of sexuality by this point. Otherwise they're just being immature since there's really no reason to hate on gay people. In my opinion, people who hate gays or any sexuality other than straight are just ignorant

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe all of the good directors are straight and that's why their movies have straight people in them? Or, even regardless of my first point, maybe the directors are gay and want straight people in them. You can't assume Disney has done anything wrong based on how the movies are written. There are movies with gay people and without gay people and it doesn't really matter at all.

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe all of the good directors are straight and that's why their movies have straight people in them? Or, even regardless of my first point, maybe the directors are gay and want straight people in them. You can't assume Disney has done anything wrong based on how the movies are written. There are movies with gay people and without gay people and it doesn't really matter at all.

I wasn't even referring to disney. The only thing I mentioned about disney and including gay couples is this :

"Aside from that, it's great that disney is finally releasing films with these types of couples"

Nothing else is related to disney e.o

Last edited:
Back