• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Pokémon Least favorite starter Pokémon

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
Which starter Pokémon is your least favorite and why?

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Chikorita and it's evolutions. I mean, Chikorita is ok actually, but I don't like the evolutions of it so much, I find them kinda lame. They don't really appeal to me.

Last edited:
Probably Fennekin because of its evolutions. I don't hate it but it is my least favorite.

anything fire/fighting lol. and yeah not a fan of the grass ones bc they are pretty useless in most cases

Probably Fennekin because of its evolutions. I don't hate it but it is my least favorite.

Yeah Fennekin’s so cute but then it’s final evo is a hideous hairy eared thing :/

I never liked the gen 5 starters (final evos and all) because I don’t find them cute or appealing. I dislike Tepig the most since I chose it twice because I was an idiot and wanted a dual type starter. Litten is also pretty ugly in my opinion.

(Sorry if this post offends anyone lol)

tepig or litten would be because of their evolutions (but they look fine themselves though)
the worst for me for their own looks and not their evos is froakie

I love the grass starters the most but I would have to agree with Chikorita.

Chikorita is pretty lackluster, especially in comparison to the other two gen 2 starters. Typhlosion is a bit on the derpy side but still cool, and feraligatr is awesome

Litten, ew. Don't like black/red as a color scheme unless ur team rocket and I absolutely hate its final evo

Tepig is gross in my opinion. I started Pok?mon with Diamond and chose Chimchar as my first ever Pokemon, so when I played Black for the first time I was just like "Why. Why did you do this. Can I turn it into bacon now and eat it?"

Last edited:
I have to go with Totodile for my least favorite. It gets a hideous evolution in Croconaw and then watching Ash's in the show being plain annoying just took away alot of what I liked about it.

Gonna have to go with the crowd and say Chikorita. Meganium is just so useless. What's the point of a wall that has so many weaknesses? Also grass types in general are 100% useless in GSC so it's not even worth grabbing on the basis that the gen 2 grass options - namely Jumpluff and Sunflora - are worse.

Gonna get hate for this one. Torchic. I dislike Blaziken a lot.
tepig, popplio, and chespin are also bad

Gonna get hate for this one. Torchic. I dislike Blaziken a lot.
tepig, popplio, and chespin are also bad

did u say popplio is bad???AAA?A??A?A?A?A

jkjk I'm ok

probably tepig tbh. the final evolution doesn't really appeal to me, but I don't necessarily hate any of the starters, they all cute!!! <3

Froakie, Chespin, and Rowlet are all ranked at the bottom for me. I like greninja a lot, but think froakie is hideous. Chespin just has no standout features to me and seems too bland to be a starter and Rowlet is just far too overrated and no that good either lol

I know that objectively Chikorita is probably the worst but I can't say it's my least-favorite because I chose it the first time I played Silver and I have so many good memories of playing gen 2 as a kid so Chikorita makes me feel nostalgic lol.

My least-faves are Tepig and Litten. Nothing wrong with the starter Pokemon themselves but I dislike both of their final evolutions.

Litten. Litten and Torracat are p cute, imo, but... Incineroar... Oh... MY GOD... I cringe every single time I see one of those. The hands make it even worse. What were they thinking with that design?! It looks really disturbing tbh, like it was made for the furry fandom or something?? That's why I chose Popplio. Primarina is my favorite final evo of all the Alola starters.

Litten. Litten and Torracat are p cute, imo, but... Incineroar... Oh... MY GOD... I cringe every single time I see one of those. The hands make it even worse. What were they thinking with that design?! It looks really disturbing tbh, like it was made for the furry fandom or something?? That's why I chose Popplio. Primarina is my favorite final evo of all the Alola starters.

I died a little inside while reading this (I chose Litten in both Sun and Ultra Sun), but I completely understand. Rowlet and its line are probably my least favorite of the Gen 7 starter lines

To be honest I've never exactly liked Fennekin. Its evolved forms are pretty neat but the first form is far from my favorite.

Back