• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Favorite Pokémon Starter?

In each designated generation:

Squirtle
Totodile
Treeko
Piplup
Oshawott
Froakie
Popplio
Scorbunny (but I prefer rilaboom as a final evo).
Quaxly

Needless to say, it's usually the water starter for me, with a couple exceptions.

My all time favorite would be between Popplio and Piplup.

Squirtle
Cyndaquil
Torchic
Piplup
Oshawott
Fennekin
Popplio
I honestly don't like any of SwSh starters
Sprigatito

So I clearly don't like grass types much. I do like Chikorita but Cynadquil takes the cake.

Until SV I might've said Bulbasaur, but now it's Sprigatito. It's adorable, the whole evo line is nicely designed, and Meowscarada is one of the best final starter evos I've ever used for battling. I always picked starters based on which one I thought was cutest at the time, here's mine each gen.

Bulbasaur
Chikorita
Torchic
Piplup
Snivy
Fennekin
Rowlet
Sobble
Sprigatitio

If you want to know mine, search up what #155 in the Pokédex is.

I guess other starters I like are Squirtle, Mudkip (actually, I guess every Gen III starter by extent), Piplup, Froakie, and Rowlett.

My top favorite evolved starter is Samurott.

For unevolved - Fennekin, Sprigatito, Rowlet and Piplup. To narrow it down further, the last two, and perhaps just one - Fennekin.

Back