Least favorite part about Desert Island Escape

I've only played once. Since I don't have any amiibos (yet), it sucks having to pay 6 PlayCoins every time just to play the game.

Last edited:
I haven't tried this out myself yet, but I know when you scan in amiibo cards, you can keep the same team the next time you play. If this is also a thing for villagers you spend play coins on, then you'll spend 6 play coins once, or more if you keep adjusting your team.

I should have mentioned that even reusing the same team with villagers from the pool of 10 villagers will have you spend the exact same amount of Play Coins than earlier.

On top of that, ACNL just is a game with time-based events and limits. If you've played this long, you should be used to that.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf already have plenty of time-based events and such, most of which serves as the game's selling point. So, I didn't have any problem with that. However, Desert Island Escape is a game within the game, so it's allowed to deviate a lot from the gameplay established by the main Animal Crossing games. Here, requiring players to spend Play Coins to play if they don't own amiibo just doesn't really add anything remotely interesting to the experience, aside of possibly artificially padding the mini-game's length. That's where I thought that the design choice didn't need to be implemented in order for me to enjoy DIE.

Last edited:
Will those animal crossing cards work too, or is it only the amiibos? (I love playing the game, so considering my investing options)

Will those animal crossing cards work too, or is it only the amiibos? (I love playing the game, so considering my investing options)

I'm pretty sure that any Animal Crossing amiibo figure and card will work on Desert Island Escape. If the amiibo Festival version of the game can recognize these things, so can Desert Island Escape!

Im with the OP in saying i despite the high score marker being so high. Ive only matched/surpassed it once.

Any honey hunter is effective. Whatever you can do with Stitches, you can also do with Bluebear, Chow, Groucho, Maple, and Pinky. Which also includes the other bears and bearcubs I haven't named.
Wait, so skills are based on a species of a villager?

So far I've played the first 4 levels and reached the target score every time despite having no amiibo cards and an all cat town, so I don't think it's all that difficult. The key is to make sure you have a good centralized place to camp every night so you can send your characters out in different directions each day. For the spinner, I am able to consistently get good outcomes by pressing A when the center of the outcome I don't want is at the top.

I found out that the koalas and kangaroos are even more effective against centipedes, snakes, tarantulas, and scorpions. And they can move 7 spots. However, when you use them at first, it's a hit or miss.

events that cancel out your turn make me want to not live anymore

Back