laundry scent

i love the smell of laundry and actually prefer it over perfumes.

i use tide pods (for convenience) and dryer sheets (for softness).

I looooove the smell of fresh laundry that dried in the sun! The mixture of detergent scent + warmth is just the best. I don’t like when laundry is scented super strongly and I especially avoid lavender or vanilla scents, but I love other floral or just fresh scents. Sadly we have to use unscented detergent because of my husband’s excema. Now the laundry just smells like damp fabric and slightly stuffy even fresh out of a hot wash 😔

I hate scented laundry detergent / fabric softeners because it's unnecessary and I don't like the chemically smell of them. I wash my clothes with unscented detergent, but it still has a faint but fresh laundry smell to it... idk how else to describe it. It's nice but fades almost as soon as the laundry looses its warmth.

I go out of my way to get unscented everything where possible. Laundry scents seem to be particularly pungent so I would definitely never use anything like that. I have an aunt who uses something scented when she does laundry, so all her hand towels are just steeped in the smell and they make everything they touch smell like it too. Just bleh, why would you ever want that 🤮

i used to love it but i’ve recently stopped using it all together and just use white vinegar since my skin’s been getting irritated with allergies :C

I do enjoy mild laundry scent. I don't use extra scent things like the beads but I do buy scented laundry soap and I also use dryer sheets because I live where it's really dry and it helps with the static. Gain brand is my favourite laundry smell and there are also a lot of cleaning products that are Gain scented now so I like those too!

I don't care either way. Scented is nice but unscented is fine, too. What I mostly enjoy is how warm and soft the clothes, towels and blankets come out of the dryer. When I was a kid, I used to bury myself in a super comfy, toasty heap of warm clothes. I blame the fact we had very little heating during the winter lol but since then I have outgrown that habit. But every now and then I find myself pressing my face against my bath towel for a little longer than usual.

The thing I dislike, however, is the static that sometimes shocks me as I'm taking the clothes out of the dryer ⚡😬

i tend to stick with unscented products, but sometimes i'll have a go with lavender scented ones (as long as they're not super overpowering).

Back