• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Kingdom Hearts Hype

So even seasoned players get confused? There's really more than meets the eye in the KH-verse!
Though as long as the gameplay is fun and the story can be at least followed all's good
Yeah even when I was replaying Kingdom Hearts recently I was like "oh I forgot that was a thing that happened" The issue with the story is that they tried to make the side games (Birth by Sleep, Chain of Memories, ReCoded, and Dream Drop Distance) add lore to the story which made it confusing. If you played Kingdom Hearts in order from like 1 through 3 you would be pretty confused of whats going. Which is odd.

I find it funny how in Kingdom Hearts 3 they try to have a section for new gamers to get an idea of what the story is about but they still leave out important elements that doesn't really answer the question of what happened so you had to play the games to find out. Yeah I know its mind blowing, but thats how they expect you to understand before you play KH3.

Yeah even when I was replaying Kingdom Hearts recently I was like "oh I forgot that was a thing that happened" The issue with the story is that they tried to make the side games (Birth by Sleep, Chain of Memories, ReCoded, and Dream Drop Distance) add lore to the story which made it confusing. If you played Kingdom Hearts in order from like 1 through 3 you would be pretty confused of whats going. Which is odd.

I find it funny how in Kingdom Hearts 3 they try to have a section for new gamers to get an idea of what the story is about but they still leave out important elements that doesn't really answer the question of what happened so you had to play the games to find out. Yeah I know its mind blowing, but thats how they expect you to understand before you play KH3.
And all the "side" games make it really confusing to try and follow the story. Like, which order should a newbie to the KH universe play the games in? And every 5ish years or so there seem's to be a remaster, HD or .5 deal ._. It's not like the Terry Pratchett novels where you can pick a book from different sub series and get into the universe as a whole.

And all the "side" games make it really confusing to try and follow the story. Like, which order should a newbie to the KH universe play the games in? And every 5ish years or so there seem's to be a remaster, HD or .5 deal ._. It's not like the Terry Pratchett novels where you can pick a book from different sub series and get into the universe as a whole.
Yeah the side games were one of things that made it confusing and what made it worse is that originally they were released on different system. Originally Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were released on the PS2, then Chain of Memories on Gameboy Advance, ReCoded on the DS, Birth by Sleep on the PSP, 358/2 days on the DS, Dream Drop Distance on the 3DS, and lastly 0.2 Birth by Sleep on the PS4 as a short demo for what KH3 was going to be like. It was a such a terrible mess which is why they had to do the HD version of all of them on the PS4.

obligatory necropost: KH doesn’t have side games, just numbered and non-numbered! They’re equally important. If anyone wants a quick and easy KH starter pack with order to play them in and etc. they can PM me ^ - ^ love to see people experience KH

Back