Just me, or do i rather New Leaf to New Horizons?

acnh.eclipse

สวัสดีค่ะ
Bells
I've played both New Leaf and New Horizons, and I seriously prefer New Leaf! I've heard people say that New Horizons has more personalization but, when I think of theres just SO MUCH to do! New leaf is more relaxed, and fun in my eyes! I can only play NH for a couple of weeks before getting bored out of my mind, but new leaf I can just play, and play, and play! Obviously this is my opinion, I want to hear yours to

When I first played NH, I noticed all the stuff missing and especially the furniture. And I thought, oh this isn't going to be as good as New Leaf, but I recently started playing NL again and found that even though there's more furniture, I really do prefer the graphics, patterns, and outdoor customisation that NH has. It's easier for me to decorate a house in NL but I miss the outdoor placing of items too much so I still don't play it as much as NH.

I haven't played New Horizons but I heard some people say that the dialogue is even more repetitive than in New Leaf. I've also heard that New Horizons feels incomplete, there still are a lot of things missing that have always been a part of Animal Crossing like gyroids, Brewster, and other things. I had a friend who played New Horizons a lot when it came out but I think that he burned out and doesn't really play it much anymore.

There are definitely things that I prefer about New Leaf, for example Brewster, the hourly music, the unbreakable tools, the expanding shop, etc. There are lots of things to miss, but I honestly find New Horizons more relaxing. There's more ways to be productive I find. I can give myself more little tasks if I need to zone out and destress. Shaking endless trees to find acorns and pinecones has been relaxing to me. Acquiring crafting materials gives me a sense of purpose and it relaxes me at the same time.

There are definitely things that I prefer about New Leaf, for example Brewster, the hourly music, the unbreakable tools, the expanding shop, etc. There are lots of things to miss, but I honestly find New Horizons more relaxing. There's more ways to be productive I find. I can give myself more little tasks if I need to zone out and destress. Shaking endless trees to find acorns and pinecones has been relaxing to me. Acquiring crafting materials gives me a sense of purpose and it relaxes me at the same time.
For me, NH is SUPER fun in the begging (like when you pick it back up) but after a while I get bored. Now this is my opinion and I'm not discrediting yours, but personally I absolutely HATE the crafting factor, especially in the forat couple of weeks of playing. You could be trying to cut down every tree on a layer the level it out, but after 20 trees you have to make a new one. I feel frustrated after playing for a couple weeks.I love hearing other peoples opinions on stuff and making conversations on what we agree/disagree on ♡

Yeah, NH doesn’t really give me the whole deserted island vibes.. like, yeah, it was a deserted island, but then you came and built a ton of buildings with working plumbing and electricity on it.

Although I miss a ton of things from NL.
The island (and all the turtles!!?)
Gyroids
Missing characters (kapn, pave, Gracie, Brewster)
More villager tasks
More dialogue
Porter not going through 2 minutes of dialogue to send you to someone’s island
Missing furniture sets (WHERE IS MY ALPINE SET, NINTENDO!)
Post automatically merged:

For me, NH is SUPER fun in the begging (like when you pick it back up) but after a while I get bored. Now this is my opinion and I'm not discrediting yours, but personally I absolutely HATE the crafting factor, especially in the forat couple of weeks of playing. You could be trying to cut down every tree on a layer the level it out, but after 20 trees you have to make a new one. I feel frustrated after playing for a couple weeks.I love hearing other peoples opinions on stuff and making conversations on what we agree/disagree on ♡

This is what happened to me in April. I just recently restarted my island ( I’m back to 9 villagers so not tooo recent but)

Nah, I'm playing both games side by side and have been since launch. I prefer NH. NL has more furniture and it's a bit easier to get villager requests, but outdoor furniture, graphics, bigger inventory, automatically stackable items, more interesting dialogue (NL dialogue is BLAND, all personalities are almost interchangeable), and the fact that I dislike main street give the edge to NH for me.

I play NL still because it is a good game, and I like being able to compare the two accurately without nostalgia goggles on :) it's also a nice change of pace switching between the two games. I'm playing in real time in NH and TTing in NL, so they scratch different itches :)

Last edited:
I’m going to be honest here, I am bored of new horizons already. It’s a cute game and all but terraforming is just not my bread and butter. Without pouring hours into that feature leaves me with little to do. I prefer the fun little games and great multi player in new leaf. I loved hanging out with villagers and discovering quirky little features along the way. I have been playing it a lot more lately. That being said I understand why others would find new horizons better but it doesn’t quite do it for me.

I do have more emotional connection to NL than NH, simply because the game was obviously released "whole" and there was a lot of familiarity to WW (which is the game I'm most nostalgic for!)

I think NH is more versatile because of the addition of DLC, but I'm honestly not a fan of the overall aspect of the game. Terraforming just isn't for me and I'm actually really disappointed with the lack of personalisation the game has. Just one example being interaction with villagers. I was really hoping this time around they would make it similar to GC but it feels more stale than ever, and I just don't want to play the game as much anymore. I'm hoping as they introduce new things it will keep a bit of excitement, and it's still relatively new so it'll be nice to experience different events, but overall I feel like NL and NH are worlds apart and it reminds me more of HHD lol.

There is a lot of content in New Leaf. A lot of detail that isn't in New Horizons. I played that game for years and even after that amount of time I was still making discoveries about little things in the game. Take for example the music boxes. What a cute little detail, and so charming. So yeah, even though New Horizons has a lot of cool elements, I think New Leaf is better in many ways.

I love NH, but NL has a charm that just isn't in NH. I think, for me at least, it's a lot to do with the music, and also the fact they left out small details we've seen in all the other games in the series from NH for seemingly no reason, such as gyroids. and I know people complain about the dialogue of villagers in NL but I feel like they have way more character than those in NH.
overall tho I think I just prefer the atmosphere of a town to an island.

Oh my goodness, I totally agree with you on this one. New Leaf all the way!! New Horizons is a great game with great customization abilities, but other than that... it feels like there’s not much to it. Villagers are more boring than ever. There isn’t much in the way of shopping. There are no fun minigames, like the island tours or Puzzle League/Desert Island Escape. New Leaf also has its own special charm, and a perfect balance between quirky/weird and aesthetically pleasing. There’s a lot more to do. The non-villager NPCs were so full of personality, too. Also... New Leaf’s soundtrack is superior. I can’t even listen to the music from NH while I’m playing, but NL is a vibe. Lots of variation in the hourly themes.

I play all the Animal crossing games. I picked back up NH today after a months break. I definitely prefer new leaf. The graphics may not be as good but I prefer my villagers in the previous games. They have soul. My NH villagers are gorgeous props.
I feel in NL and the older games a bigger sense of community in my villages. I don’t always feel that in NH. I feel there there’s too much focus on things being pretty and having a certain theme with the “right” villagers.
NH isn’t a bad game but I would be lying if I said it hasn’t disappointed me.

I have a couple of friends who've played since launch and then got burnt out within a few months to go back to playing new leaf. I've also met people on the island in NL who said they missed the island function in NH so didnt want to play it.

However I also have a very close friend i practically forced to play NL with (oops) and they didnt really enjoy it at all, but they seem to be enjoying NH a lot more.

Personally I only got NH last month and with the amount of customization you can do with your island i don't get how anyone can get bored? Like I'm always re doing stuff and re placing the layout of my items. I do miss having a cafe but I'm still with hopes Brewster will come back. Aside from the wii u I've played all the other ACs and to me NH is the best!

Back