• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

✧ Jenny's Drawings ✧

wrenbow

elusive critter
Bells
Island
Amblewood
Shooting Star
Plum Blossom
Plum Blossom
Moon Bunny
Moon Bunny
Hello and welcome! I've been wondering whether I should set up an art thread and decided I should just go for it.

I mostly draw OCs and various fandom stuff! I use Procreate.

IMG_6559.jpeg

IMG_6549.jpeg
IMG_6550.jpeg
IMG_6551.jpeg
IMG_6552.jpeg
IMG_6553.jpeg
IMG_6554.jpeg
IMG_6555.jpeg

I don't know how frequently I'll be able to update because I draw really slowly, but I hope you enjoy what I have so far!

Last edited:
jenny these are all so insanely gorgeous are you kidding me!!!!!! the colours in the first drawing are so beautiful. the bottom two drawings make me feel so warm and cozy and relaxed 🥹🥹💞 i can’t wait to see what future art you share!

I love your artstyle, it's so pretty!! 😭 The totk one's really cool aaa
Looking forward to seeing more in the future!!

jenny these are all so insanely gorgeous are you kidding me!!!!!! the colours in the first drawing are so beautiful. the bottom two drawings make me feel so warm and cozy and relaxed 🥹🥹💞 i can’t wait to see what future art you share!

Thank you so much!!! The bottom two are my OC hehe I'm glad you like them 💖💕

I love your artstyle, it's so pretty!! 😭 The totk one's really cool aaa
Looking forward to seeing more in the future!!

Thank you!!!!! It makes me really happy to hear that 🥹💗
Post automatically merged:

Thought I'd add some older art here as well. These are from 2020 (I drew a lot that year), but my art skills have improved since then so they're not reflective of my current skills and didn't make it into the main post. I still kinda like them though!

IMG_6565.jpeg

IMG_6566.jpeg
IMG_6567.jpeg
IMG_6568.jpeg
IMG_6569.jpeg
IMG_6570.jpeg
IMG_6571.jpeg
IMG_6572.jpeg
IMG_6573.jpeg

^ This one is a pun on black forest gateau (gato)

Last edited:
Wowwww these look so professional! What inspired you to start making art?

Oh that's a big compliment thank you!

Kind of a non-answer but I've loved drawing ever since I was a kid so it just feels natural to me. I think I continue making art because it's the easiest way for me to express myself!! I'm not very good at expressing my thoughts in words so I draw them instead.

Last edited:
THE STORY OF SEASONS ART!! 😍 i was deadass about to ask if the first drawing was of/inspired by the forest and goddess pond before i saw the drawing of the sprites below 😅 such gorgeous art wowie, you really captured the ethereal beauty of the forest and the coziness and warmth of the sprites’ home so well!!

and the drawing of sable and isabelle is making me even more excited for fall, it’s so beautiful!! best girls just enjoying each other’s company, i love it! and the black forest gateau drawing 😭😭 i don’t even like black forest cake, but i want to go to there!!

sorry i’ll quit spamming your thread xnsjndhf, i’m just obsessed with your art hehe 💜

THE STORY OF SEASONS ART!! 😍 i was deadass about to ask if the first drawing was of/inspired by the forest and goddess pond before i saw the drawing of the sprites below 😅 such gorgeous art wowie, you really captured the ethereal beauty of the forest and the coziness and warmth of the sprites’ home so well!!

and the drawing of sable and isabelle is making me even more excited for fall, it’s so beautiful!! best girls just enjoying each other’s company, i love it! and the black forest gateau drawing 😭😭 i don’t even like black forest cake, but i want to go to there!!

sorry i’ll quit spamming your thread xnsjndhf, i’m just obsessed with your art hehe 💜

Yesssss AWL is one of my all-time favourite games and the goddess pond is such a beautiful area! There are some things I'd do differently if I redrew it now but I'm glad that feeling comes across okay!

Omg never apologise, your support seriously means a lot. I'm so happy you like my art enough to make such a lovely comment 😭😭

Back with my first proper update ✨

I finally got around to making some more art of my OCs!

This one is from a while ago.

IMG_7264.jpeg

These ones are icons I made recently for their character profiles, using slightly updated designs. Considering I'm not used to drawing in a chibi style, I'm quite happy with how they turned out. This is also the closest I've got so far to portraying them as they appear in my head! I'm still working on the details of their clothing, but the hair and facial features are basically finalised now.

IMG_8129.jpeg

EDIT: Updated outfits

Finally, while I'm here, I thought I may as well add my Vandal Visions entry from the Halloween event. It's a little different to the version I submitted because I fixed some things. It was a lot of fun to colour this in!

IMG_7084.jpeg

That's all for now, but I should be back soon!

Last edited:
Hello Jenny!
Your art is so lovely, I love your use of warm tones! The coloring and line art looks soft, it's very cute! I'm also really loving your backgrounds and landscape art -- your attention to detail is so nice!

Thanks for sharing your art, I'd love to see more ^^

Hello Jenny!
Your art is so lovely, I love your use of warm tones! The coloring and line art looks soft, it's very cute! I'm also really loving your backgrounds and landscape art -- your attention to detail is so nice!

Thanks for sharing your art, I'd love to see more ^^
Ahhh such a nice comment, thank you so much Hatori!! It seriously means a lot. I definitely plan to keep posting my art here, I'm glad you like it ; v ;

(Love your OCs btw!)

I LOVE YOUR ART! It's so pretty!! Thank you for sharing it! I also love your vandal visions submission, it was one of my favorites. :blush:

I LOVE YOUR ART! It's so pretty!! Thank you for sharing it! I also love your vandal visions submission, it was one of my favorites. :blush:
Omg thank you!!! There were so many amazing entries, I'm honoured that you think that. I really liked yours as well!

Oh wow I am obsessed with your art style!! I’d love to see your process on procreate if you’re able to share? 😊 (not sure if you’re aware but you can export a Timelapse of your art!!)

Oh wow I am obsessed with your art style!! I’d love to see your process on procreate if you’re able to share? 😊 (not sure if you’re aware but you can export a Timelapse of your art!!)
Thank you so much!

Honestly it might be easier to understand if I explain it rather than show it.

Like most people, I start with a rough sketch and move things around until they look about right. At this point I'm just trying to get an idea of the pose and composition rather than trying to make it look good. I can then either go over it with a second, cleaner sketch or go straight in with lineart depending on how I feel.

IMG_7298.png

After lining, I fill in the flat colours and then add a gradient with a clipping mask where necessary to give the illusion of form and depth etc. Sometimes I also add colour to some of the lineart, and usually I add more colour adjustment layers on top of everything to get the right mood.

Once all of that's done, I spend a lot of time painting over everything to render, add details, fix any minor mistakes and generally make everything prettier. This part takes the longest by far, but it's also the most fun part for me.

I don't think my process is too different to how a lot of people draw, but tbh I didn't wanna show it because I make a lot of mistakes that I spend an embarrassing amount of time correcting and my work always looks like a mess right until the last minute LMAO but I do try to at least loosely follow these steps in the order I explained

I hope that makes sense! If you need me to elaborate on anything then I'd be happy to do so ^^

Last edited:
Thank you so much!

Honestly my process is kind of chaotic to watch so it might be easier to understand if I explain it rather than show it.

Like most people, I start with a rough sketch and move things around until they look about right. At this point I'm just trying to get an idea of the pose and composition rather than trying to make it look good. I can then either go over it with a second, cleaner sketch or go straight in with lineart depending on how I feel.

After lining, I fill in the flat colours and then add a gradient with a clipping mask where necessary to give the illusion of form and depth. Sometimes I also add colour to some of the lineart, and usually I add more colour adjustment layers on top of everything to get the right mood.

Once all of that's done, I spend a lot of time painting over everything to add details, fix any minor mistakes and generally make everything prettier. This part is what makes all the difference and it takes the longest by far, but it's also the most fun part for me.

The process itself is pretty simple, but the reason it's hard to watch is that I actually don't follow all of these steps completely in order and I sometimes start colouring or adding details before I've finished lining or I leave parts completely unfinished until the end because I get tired of working on the same thing for too long HAHA so it usually looks like a mess right until it's almost finished, but generally I try to at least loosely follow everything in the order I explained.

I hope that makes sense! If you need me to elaborate on anything then I'd be happy to do so ^^
This is really helpful, thank you so much! My second question is - how do you choose your colours? Your palettes are gorgeous and I’m intrigued as to where you pick the colours from on the colour wheel!

This is really helpful, thank you so much! My second question is - how do you choose your colours? Your palettes are gorgeous and I’m intrigued as to where you pick the colours from on the colour wheel!
I'm glad you found it helpful, and I'm really happy that you like my colours!

I know some stuff from studying colour theory and the works of artists that I like, but I actually don't know what I'm doing most of the time when I'm colouring and I have a lot to learn myself. If I'm struggling then I sometimes make a moodboard with art or photographs that have a similar colour scheme to what I'm going for, and then I colour pick from various pictures and build a palette from that. A lot of it is trial and error though, and I definitely fiddle with colours a lot after I put them down until I'm satisfied with how they look, either by directly adjusting the hue/saturation/brightness or adding effects/overlays with blend modes. I don't specifically pick from any one part of the colour wheel, but I do tend to go for softer colours.

Idk if you were asking for advice here but if you were then I'd really recommend doing colour studies and generally learning about how light affects colour. It's also always good to analyse work that inspires you to figure out what they're doing right so that you can learn from that. Other than that, I think practice and experimentation are the most important things!

Last edited:
Back