• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

♡‧₊˚🌸Lily's Garden🌸♡‧₊˚

-Mars-

Drift's #1 Fan
Bells
Lily's Garden.jpg

Welcome to Lily's Garden..
a space place for me to grow as an artist
After much consideration I have finally decided to make an art thread
this is mostly a place for me keep track of my art
I draw for fun as a hobby because I can express myself and my imagination with my drawings

Tools of the trade:
Device: Laptop/Trackpad
EDIT: As of December 31st 2023 I now have a Wacom Intuos Drawing Tablet
Program: Krita

*Art tips and techniques etc. are welcome, constructive criticism isn't*
Art tips, tricks and techniques are appreciated so I can learn how to draw better(Example: Here's how I like to shade things) please don't make comments on my art like "I think your lineart looks really messy you should fix it by ___"
thank you for understanding!

This thread will probably get cluttered because I draw randomness
expect me to either ramble on and on about my drawings or dump art without context or something in-between idk sorry for the mess lol

Enjoy the garden! 💗

Last edited:
I'm so excited that you decided to create a thread showcasing your art! It is so motivating to do art here; it feels more real than screaming into the void of social media. I look forward to whatever you plan on posting!

yayyy friendo I'm so happy to see you found the confidence to open an art gallery!!! 🤩💕 I can't wait to see what all you'll create with and share with us!!

Kicking off this thread with my latest piece, as of writing this this is currently the most complicated thing I've ever drawn I know it probably doesn't look like it but I spent 3-4 hours on this most of it spent trying to redraw lines over and over... Bowser has so many details LOL
I'm really happy I could accomplish learning how to draw characters seated correctly
Bowser.jpg

I promise I didn't create this thread so I could abandon it, I didn't forget about it it's just I don't really draw that often
With that being said...

Not too long ago @xSuperMario64x mentioned he wanted to get a commission of his OC Artemis and I thought she would be good practice to draw. Magikoopa are a lot harder to draw than I expected, I struggled with the robes. I wanted to play around with brushes I don't use and I used a waterbrush and then blur/smear to try and create Artemis's iridescent robes. I know her hat isn't suppose to be pink but I thought the color looked nice with the blue and purple
Artemis.jpg

The thing I'm really excited to post in this thread is I've been wanting to do this for a very long time
I wanted to work on practicing human anatomy cause I only really draw animals and Pokemon and whenever I draw humans they don't look right, hopefully some TBT members don't mind playing guinea pig for me to get more experience by drawing their Reps

First up here is @xara's Rep, I know I didn't include her glasses I couldn't fit them sorry. I wanted to draw Bonk too but maybe another time
Xara's Rep.jpg

Next up, here is @Croconaw's OC/Rep/Sona I really like how this turned out but the hoodie and baseball cap were tricky to draw, I couldn't resist drawing a Croconaw
Croconaw.jpg

And finally here is @S.J.'s Rep. My wrist was hurting from drawing so much but I really wanted to finish these before I lose motivation to draw again so sorry if this one looks rushed, I really wanted to include Agnes but maybe I can edit her in later
S.J's Rep.jpg

That is everything I have to share so far, to anyone who may or may not be bummed out I didn't make you free art trust me there was numerous other peoples Rep's I wanted to draw, hopefully I can make more in the future

I promise I didn't create this thread so I could abandon it, I didn't forget about it it's just I don't really draw that often
With that being said...

Not too long ago @xSuperMario64x mentioned he wanted to get a commission of his OC Artemis and I thought she would be good practice to draw. Magikoopa are a lot harder to draw than I expected, I struggled with the robes. I wanted to play around with brushes I don't use and I used a waterbrush and then blur/smear to try and create Artemis's iridescent robes. I know her hat isn't suppose to be pink but I thought the color looked nice with the blue and purple
View attachment 509083

The thing I'm really excited to post in this thread is I've been wanting to do this for a very long time
I wanted to work on practicing human anatomy cause I only really draw animals and Pokemon and whenever I draw humans they don't look right, hopefully some TBT members don't mind playing guinea pig for me to get more experience by drawing their Reps

First up here is @xara's Rep, I know I didn't include her glasses I couldn't fit them sorry. I wanted to draw Bonk too but maybe another time
View attachment 509084

Next up, here is @Croconaw's OC/Rep/Sona I really like how this turned out but the hoodie and baseball cap were tricky to draw, I couldn't resist drawing a Croconaw
View attachment 509085

And finally here is @S.J.'s Rep. My wrist was hurting from drawing so much but I really wanted to finish these before I lose motivation to draw again so sorry if this one looks rushed, I really wanted to include Agnes but maybe I can edit her in later
View attachment 509087

That is everything I have to share so far, to everyone who may or may not be bummed out I didn't make you free art trust me there was numerous other peoples Rep's I wanted to draw, hopefully I can make more in the future
Aaaaaaaaaaa, this is adorable! Thank you so much! 😭💖❤️💜 My rep looks so cute, and I love the details like the rips on the knees and the shoes. I adore it. 🥺❤️💜

Everyone else's reps/OCs are really cute too! You have been drawing so much. 🥺❤️❤️

BESTIEEEE YOU DREW MY BAB TOO AND I DIDNT EVEN ASK HSKFHSKD 😭😭💞✨
that must've been really difficult for you, not only trying to draw the robe/folds but also replicating the holo effect?? omg I can tell you really put a lot of effort into it and it definitely paid off!! she looks absolutely wonderful and I appreciate this more than you know!! 🥺🥰💫💜

also wanted to say the other drawings are really awesome too! it's really cool to see how far you've come since I first saw your drawings in early 2022, there's a clear improvement there!

View attachment 509084
this was such an amazing surprise to wake up to oh my goodness 🥹🥹 i love how you drew her so so much, she looks so cute!!!!!!! it’s absolutely no problem that you didn’t include her glasses, you still did her outfit justice, and she still looks amazing 🥹 and no worries about bonk, either! honestly the fact that you took the time to even consider drawing my rep means the world to me, thank you so much! i love this and will treasure it always 💜💜

and look at all of your other drawings omg!??!? i’m obsessed with how you drew bug’s oc, the pink/purple/blue colour combo is so so pretty, you really brought the majestic essence of magikoopas to life! and croc and s.j.’s characters are so wonderfully drawn as well, and look at how cute and happy croconaw is!! 🥹 you are such a talented artist fr

i also meant to comment in here weeks ago to tell you how pretty your art thread banner is as well!! lily is so so cute, all of the white and pink flowers are so beautiful, and i love how vibrant it is! you captured the beauty of a glorious sunny spring/summer day perfectly 💜

Finally taking time to catch up on art I owe people. I'm really sorry for taking so long on these 😭

Here's Ana Sakurano for @/Pixori from the "Draw the User Above you Thread"
Ana Sakurano.png

Annndd here is art @kiwikenobi requested all the way back in June in my art request thread
Captain Olimar!
I swear I didn't forget about this request it's just I was having severe art block trying to figure out how I should draw him
Captain Olimar.png

Hope these turned out okay. I feel so bad making people wait so long for my art 😞

Finally taking time to catch up on art I owe people. I'm really sorry for taking so long on these 😭

Here's Ana Sakurano for @/Pixori from the "Draw the User Above you Thread"
View attachment 517198

Annndd here is art @kiwikenobi requested all the way back in June in my art request thread
Captain Olimar!
I swear I didn't forget about this request it's just I was having severe art block trying to figure out how I should draw him
View attachment 517199

Hope these turned out okay. I feel so bad making people wait so long for my art 😞
Aaaa, Olimar is super cute! It turned out great! I also love the reference sheet you made for yourself! ✨🎨

Captain Olimar!
View attachment 517199

aaaaa olimar looks absolutely adorable!! i love the way you drew him 🥹🤍

*Awakens from the dead*
What do you mean I have OCs I neglect? I don't know what you're talking about...
death (1).gif

So when I started up the canvas and started getting all the reference images for this this was suppose to be a full-body practice trying out new poses drawing but then it turned into a bust drawing where I try out new brushes and try learning how to draw textures.

Scarlet 3 (1).png

I swear I was gonna spend more time on the scales but when I started working on this I thought I was wide awake but then I started to get really drowsy and nearly fell-asleep working on this so I had to hurry and finish this in one sitting because if I save this then Krita will merge all my layers into one.
So that's why the scales on her snout look more organized then the rest of her scales because I drew those first and then I had to rush and draw the rest on before I fell asleep. I'm sorry it's messy.
I was gonna shade her scales but maybe probably never later.

Close up zoom in of Scarlet's eye because I highly doubt anyone will see these little details I did from far away
Scarlet's Eye.png
1700864403738.png

N-No I promise I will draw the rest of my OCs one day and I swear I haven't forgotten they existed

I wanted to write something in here before the New Year of my art journey so far even though I am sleepy so I will probably forget stuff and this will probably be a jumbled mess.

Anyways before we start talking about that I wanted to talk about my new Wacom Intuos first!
As some of you may or may not know I got one for Christmas but haven't gotten around to using it until today, it took quite a bit to set up but luckily I managed to figure everything out. Unfortunately I can't use my pencil grippers for the stylus/pen because it is much thicker then I anticipated but at least I still have my glove which helps.
I still need to properly adjust to drawing with the pen since I haven't drawn traditional art in like four years and using the Wacom pen in my hand feels awkward. Using the Wacom pen as a mouse to select things in Krita feels really awkward so I am just going to stick to using my free hand to operate the mouse and using the other to draw with the pen. There are express keys on the Wacom Intuos and buttons on the Pen you can set up as keyboard shortcuts but I think I am just going to disable the shortcuts for now.
The cool thing about the pen is that you can tilt the pen while drawing and it makes your brush in your art program look different and you can shade with it that way and it's like shading drawings with the side of a pencil in real life.

This is my first ever drawing with my Wacom. Here is Lily it's not the best for my first time but I still trying to learn
Lily.png

Now let's talk about what drawing progress I've made so far and my goals for 2024 and beyond.

What I have worked on this year:
- Learning a shading/lighting method by lowering the opacity of a layer
- Learn to make better sketches by first making a rough sketch on one layer and then lowering it's opacity and start a new layer and trace a cleaner sketch on top of it and correct errors from the previous rough sketch on the former layer
- Play around with brushes more
- Practicing anatomy more
- Start drawing background that aren't solid color in my drawings
- Practicing with new things I haven't drawn before
- Experimenting with trying to find my art style more

Goals for 2024
- Start writing dates on my drawings and keep proper track of how many drawings I have done and organize my drawings in my folders better
- Start working on trying to learn anatomy for Anthros(and to a lesser extent Ferals) I haven't drawn before. So far the only Anthros I have drawn are: Wolves, Foxes, Bunnies, Squirrels, Bears, Crocodiles/Alligators and Eagles(I hope I'm not forgetting any)
some Anthros I would like to try drawing next year: Elephants, Rhinos, Frogs, more Avian species, Felines, Rodents, Primates, Deer, Horses, Pigs, Cows, Sheep, Giraffes just to name a few.
Start working on drawing Feral/Quadruped animals more
- Start working on drawing other things that are not animals, I would like to try out drawing Pokemon, Still Life, Landscapes, Mythical Creatures, Cryptids, Monsters, Fanart for things to name a few.
- Learn how to do lighting properly and learn how to identify where the light projects onto a subject and where the shadows cast
- Learn more shading methods
- Learn about angles and how the subject faces things in a drawing
- Learn how to animate with blinking(and maybe other stuff)
- Learn how to draw textures like fur and hair
- Learn how to draw clothing and accessories better
- Learn how to draw more different body types for characters(skinny, chubby, muscular, petite etc.)
- Figure out my art style more

I'm probably forgetting stuff but I'm tired and going to sleep now 😴

It's about two weeks into 2024 and I haven't been drawing as much as I hoped but I would really like to start working on drawing more soon, it's just I have so many hobbies and interests it's hard to focus on my art. In the meantime here is a drawing dump of some recent drawings I have done

Secret Santa drawing for kiwikenobi
Fenno for Kiwikenobi.png

TBT's Haunted Carnival October 2023 "Forbidden Fortunes" entry
Tarot Card.png

S.J.'s birthday present 2024
SJ's 2024 Birthday Present.png

Gift art I made for someone on Discord because I thought their character was cute so I wanted to draw them
This drawing is my first proper drawing made with my drawing tablet, it turned out pretty okay but I still need to get better
Disclaimer: Character depicted does not belong to me.
Ami.png

Wanted to draw this for kicks and giggles, I'm sure we all know a certain someone who loves smashing I mean uh playing nicely with dinosaurs 😇
Mick Joke.png

I still appreciate all the art you’ve done for me! I don’t normally watch this section and I didn’t receive a ping which is why it took me so long to notice. I think you really improved over the past few months with your art! I really like your Bowser art. It’s one of the first pieces you posted on this thread. Bowser is one of my favorite characters!

I’ll be following your thread now!

I still appreciate all the art you’ve done for me! I don’t normally watch this section and I didn’t receive a ping which is why it took me so long to notice. I think you really improved over the past few months with your art! I really like your Bowser art. It’s one of the first pieces you posted on this thread. Bowser is one of my favorite characters!

I’ll be following your thread now!
Thank you so much! Your support means a lot to me and encourages me to draw more!

Some more art,
Here's art I made for Croconaw's Birthday
I really like how this turned out, I like this brush because it makes it look water colored.
Croconaw's Birthday Present.png
Custom request for Alolan_Apples
Alolan_Apples wanted a Hoppip that looks like a ghost from The Ghost and Molly McGlee, I haven't watched this show and I don't know anything about it but I tried the best I could. I used an airbrush and a glow effect brush to try and make it look like Hoppip has a spectral aura around it, not sure how visible it is to other people though.
Transparent Hoppip.png

*One month later*

I felt like drawing today, may or may not draw more tonight. I have been really wanting to draw some gijinkas lately but human anatomy is terribly hard to draw and I work with animals not humans so...
Here's humanized Drift. This was suppose to be a full-body but I guess I made the canvas too small so it's a half-body instead. Also no I am not going to be drawing the rest of Drift's arms, trust me I tried and tried so hard and I can't draw arms to save my life 🫣
Screenshot 2024-02-22 202553.png

Back