• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Jay Appreciation Nest

Aria Nook Violet

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Red Lily
Timmy Christmas Doll
Father's Day Carnation
April Birthstone (Diamond)
20 Envelopes
Inspired by the Buck appreciation threat I decided to create my own about Jay however I didn’t want to completely copy and paste @themysterybidder idea. I didn’t post this in the New Horizons thread because I want this to cover all different games of Animal Crossing with jay in it.
Jay is a character that has been in all games since the very beginning and it is only fair this thread does the same, a love for Jay in all games he’s been in.
Me and jay go way back so what better way to document all that in a thread while also discovering others appreciation of him in the process. This isn’t just my thread but is also yours.
if you want to share anything be it screenshots or videos of the games or even fan art (properly credited of course) feel free! I will be doing the same as I have time!

Wild World
New Leaf
New Horizons

Post automatically merged:

If you all don’t mind I will start. So the first time I got introduced to Animal crossing was in the beginning of the year of 2013 through youtube videos of New leaf playthrough. At this time I was a student that struggled with personal stuff so those years weren’t easy. I felt I wanted to try New Leaf as it seemed at the time the right game to play however the game was sold out and it was never in stock in my country until the amiibo festival game was released so for some years there was no way to get it where I’m from. The demand in my country at the time was almost none, so that's why. With no way to get New Leaf I decided I should first discover if the game was going to vibe with me so I got my hands on Wild world.
Yes! At the time I had seen a few youtube videos about New Leaf but only the train scene up until the player talks to isabella. I didn't want to see more because I didn’t want to spoil myself and knew nothing of Wild world. I didn’t even know what a life simulation game was (even though I had played sims before). I really didn’t know what to expect and that was the best decision I ever made as it made it feel more special. I want you all to have that in mind.
A side note! Starting with Wild world instead of the other older games was the best decision I ever made without even realizing at the time XD I did go right and forwards between the other games but chose Wild world because it was the simpler game and felt like the right one to start with.
So I will start with sharing my experience with Jay in Wild World since this was my first Animal Crossing game that led me to love Jay. It will be the most emotional one of the posts I will create just to let you know.

The wild world experience
So I booted up the game and of course what is the point of this thread without mentioning Jay? Jay was the first jock villager I got on that save so he was my introduction to this series. In Wild world you always have 3 starting villagers and I remember two were girls villagers, Savannah and Eloise, and then one guy that was Jay. I remember my reaction was like:
“Why is there only one guy? He must be feeling left out.”
His house was literally to the left of the map near the beach and isolated from the others. It reminded me of myself in a way and without going into details I had recently been “freed” from bullying at school, bullying started by girls so seeing Jay isolated like that it touched me a bit.
So he was the first one I talked to and I remember the first impression being he is kinda rude to me plus he is sporty and loud. Man, I’m trying to be nice sir! But I am never one to judge so I thought I would give him a chance because if I’m nice to him maybe he will start to open up. Maybe he was hurt and was lashing out XD lol. Of course that was not what a digital animal was thinking but I projected myself in Jay and it helped me at the time. Sincerely I don’t feel embarrassed about it. By projecting myself in Jay and pretending he was a bird with personality I could in a way interact with helped me think about other perspectives which unfortunately I had never had the chance to even think about because I had never had friends. How was a person without friends supposed to gain social experience? I still lack the social skills but I am in a much better place and in part it is thanks in part to these small experiences that helped me eventually get out of that dark place.
Anyway back to the game! Man was Jay a handful! We had an unlikely duo. Jay, a jock that loves to exercise all the time and then there was my character, a depressed girl that felt unmotivated to move or do anything. That didn’t stop Jay from demanding my character run in less than 10 minutes or 5 to get him something XD I laughed at it because in a way it felt like he knew lol. Like he was telling me “to just move!” or “just do it!”. He would threaten me!. If you don’t do this I’m going to get you! and I was like 0.0 omg! ok! ok! I will do it! just don’t hurt me! XD. I didn’t take it seriously of course and I actually found it funny. But maybe that is because I grew with spyro the dragon and that game’s humor sure is something else lol.

Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-23, 12.00.20.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-23, 12.00.35.png

:oops:...Help me...
In Wild world each villager is assigned a hobby and Jay’s hobby was fossil collecting and him being a jock he was active about asking me to collect fossils in a time limit.
As you know a few fossils appear on the ground daily so I had limited choices when it came to get the exact fossils Jay wanted. It isn't like fish or bugs that I can keep catching in a day and eventually get it. Fossils don’t respawn and that was a problem because I would fail Jay requests at times since I didn’t have the specific fossil he wanted. I either failed or made Jay happy but even when I failed him the guy would not care. He kept constantly asking for my help, challenging me to catch fossils in a time limit and because of him I even failed to complete the museum.
OMG! It was a daily dilemma! I had two options! To either donate the fossil to the museum or just give it to Jay as he asked. It felt like a story with split paths even if it wasn’t one lol.
I remember I started to count which fossils I had given to Blathers and which I had given to jay to balance things out because I was favoring Jay each time and started to feel bad for the museum and Blathers lol xD
Slowly as I played daily I was getting out of bed to of course study just to please my parents but to also play wild world and spend that time doing something I wanted. Yeah it was in a video game but like I said it was a simple step for me to later get better. Jay was one of the reasons I decided to keep on living because he gave me a small purpose as I recovered in my own way.
I never realized why I felt so happy by helping Jay at the time but as I better understand myself I think now I have the answer. At the time I felt like a failure that no one could rely on. I still struggle with that till today and having Jay constantly challenge my character to find fossils even when she failed to do so well it felt like I could be relied on. That was something real life never provided to me and the game did and I’m glad it did. Anyway! The relationship between laria and jay was going great! They eventually became best buds and it was wholesome! It felt special just thinking about the fact that a friendship between two people doesn’t always need to be between two people with similar tastes (Jay being sporty vs Laria hating sports.)
Eventually it happened! The day my heart sank. Jay was in boxes and had said nothing! I got really worried as from the few things I knew about New Leaf was that once villagers were in boxes there was nothing I could do. I panicked as Jay had recently opened up to my character and was now leaving. I realized that even though the town had other characters in the game it would not be the same without him and I still wanted Jay to give me his picture since I had heard it was the ultimate friendship reward in game.

Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-22, 12.21.42.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-22, 12.21.50.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-22, 12.22.01.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-22, 17.30.57.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-22, 17.31.43.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-22, 17.31.51.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-22, 17.29.40.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-22, 12.32.22.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-22, 17.29.56.png

Moving out? It was even raining in game :LOL:
I was stressed as I searched the internet for a way I could stop Jay from moving while I had the game on with Jay walking around in his now empty house. I discovered it was still possible to stop him (Thank god!). The way that works in wild world is to talk to them a bunch while they are in boxes until they hint at not being able to leave. I really didn’t really know what that was supposed to mean but I talked to Jay until he eventually mentioned losing the passport and not being able to leave plus thinking it was not the best idea and I left it at that.
Still he had never said that he was going to stay and so it was still uncertain and all I could do was just hope for the best and wait for the next day. Next day comes around and my heart is beating so fast. I’m really nervous and scared of opening the game and it even felt ridiculous at the time. I was so nervous for a virtual character but at the time animal crossing was my safe space outside of the harsh reality and Jay was my best friend in that space so without him it just felt empty you know.
I open up the game and jay’s house is still there but I still haven’t seen Jay so I go searching for him and he is walking outside. I felt so happy! He didn’t leave you guys! XD I talk to him a bunch and you know what also happens? Jay gives me his photo! Then I finally give in and start to cry hahaha!

Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-23, 20.37.51.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-23, 20.38.01.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-23, 20.38.13.png

💜💙
I am more than aware that the game is a bunch of programming and 3D models but the sequence of events that had led to that moment, after all the rollercoaster of emotions to him finally giving me his photo, the ultimate gift of friendship. It felt like I was finally accepted and that I had gone through a relationship arc lol. So that moment hit me hard and I haven’t forgotten it to this day.
Do add to that the next day jay asks me to invite him to my character’s house so he could see the photo of him I displayed there. I cried again XD If felt like he was validating the relationship bro. My eyes hurt a lot on those days lol.

Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-23, 23.19.45.png

Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-24, 16.05.39.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-24, 17.31.01.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-24, 17.31.18.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-24, 17.32.03.png

I like to head canon that Jay knew my character was feeling emotional from all that had happened and needed company and so invited himself to her house so he could just give emotional support and hug it out.
It felt like Laria and Jay, two characters that didn’t fit in, had finally found each other and bonded in a most unexpected way. I looked at it and that gave me hope to keep trying to achieve that place in real life in the future. It certainly helped a bit with the severe depression at the time.
Jay was exactly what I needed and thanks to this experience I was convinced to buy New Leaf when I could. But I will leave that for another day. This is getting big.
While New Leaf is a little less emotional I did spend two years in that game so I have more to talk about that. It will have more posts but I will properly separate them in time but yeah that is my experience playing Wild world with Jay.

A side note: I have a few more Wild world pics to share but I will add to it another day. That post won't have much text as the context is already explained here.

Last edited:
Extra Wild World screeshots of my Wild World experience with Jay.
I have been "digging up" my old disk drive for these and it has been fun to remember what happened in the past.

Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-23, 12.39.39.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-23, 12.39.51.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-23, 12.39.59.png

I didn't remember I payed my full loan to Tom Nook and apparently I did and Jay congratulate me.

Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-23, 17.55.02.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-23, 17.55.12.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-23, 17.55.20.png

Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-23, 18.18.36.png

Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-24, 17.32.18.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-24, 17.32.27.png

Jay wanting me to workout my hands to write him letters or help him with his exercises by holding his feet.

Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-28, 09.51.25.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-28, 09.51.37.png

After doing all that fossil collecting for Jay he finally admits I did a good job 😭 He overworked my character man!

Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-28, 10.01.33.png

Know what? XD You guys will never know.

Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-28, 10.24.45.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-28, 01.18.57.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-28, 01.19.05.png

From here on out and forever 💙💜

Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-28, 01.19.27.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-28, 01.28.50.png
Captura de ecrã - 2013-06-28, 01.21.46.png

Ok that's all I got from Wild world. Next time I will move on to New Leaf.

tumblr_nntz3oYgqJ1t7xjlso1_400.jpg

Your love for Jay is so touching! I don't have any stories nearly that deep or emotional involving Jay, but he is a permanent resident in my New Leaf town Nocturne and I adore him.

I chose Jay based purely on aesthetics for my blue/purple/black/white Gothic Victorian town. He was the only jock villager that fit the color scheme and had a classical style house as a bonus. I thought he was cute, but I didn't have any history with him when I bought his Amiibo card and invited him to move in. He has been an absolute joy to have around, always cheerful and positive!

Here's a picture from Jay's birthday this year.
ltNJ1dn.jpeg

I love sitting with my villagers. Jay always asks me to join him whenever I catch him sitting down.
IjM5aSg.jpeg

nazofNE.jpeg

I look forward to reading more about your adventures with this wonderful bird! 💙

I loved reading about all your memories with Jay!! He was also one of my villagers in Wild World. I don't have too many memories of it cus I played the game when I was really young, but I definitely remember having this little bird. He's always been a familiar face. Y'know how sometimes you look at something and you just get hit with a wave of nostalgia? That's the feeling I get when I see Jay.

My better memories of Jay are from Pocket Camp. He was one of the animals that were originally in the game, and you had to select a style when you first started. I chose sporty which meant that Jay naturally became the first villager I befriended! I remember it felt so nice to see him again here. I also love the color blue so there was some point when I tried to make a blue themed campsite full of blue furniture & animals. Of course that means Jay was around as well :D

Unfortunately I don't have any photos from WW or PC, but I did get to make a vacation home for Jay in HHP a while ago. So I'll contribute some photos of that to the nest!! Jay is bae <3

jay1.jpg

jay2.jpg

First I want to thank everyone for contributing to this threat! Thank you very much!
@zarf 💙 Thank you! You don't need any strong reason to like a villager. Any reason is ok. Jay is the only character I do have a lot of emotional love for but I do love other characters all the same even if I don't have any emotional reason to. The feeling of nostalgia is really sweet.
@LadyDestani Thank you for sharing! I miss his old house as it gave him more character than his current house.💜
@DJ-Mika the art looks amazing and so cute! Thank you! ❤️

Ok so finally the New Leaf story starts. Is not as emotional as Wild world like I said but I still have good memories from those games as it was the first time I got involved with the online community and around the time I joined this forum. I played this game for two years straight and started to create head canons and lore for my town and animals. So a lot happened.
After Wild world my journey took me to New Leaf. My plan was to play wild world for a year if I didn't get my hands on New Leaf, which I wanted so much because everyone was playing New Leaf at the time. It seems the universe wanted to grant me the chance as my family went on a vacation to Spain that year and I had the clever idea to check stores there to see if they had New Leaf and sure enough they did. I bought it immediately and with a Spanish copy I could finally be part of the hype.
The first time I opened the game I didn’t get Jay and so I searched for someone online who could have Jay moving out. There was one person however the trade occurred during the night and apparently there was a network error on the game during the exchange which I was unaware of and the move failed. The trader did warn me but I didn’t see it as I was too sleepy at the time and my heart was broken of course. I reset the town for two days in a row and Jay even appeared in the title screen which gave me hope that eventually I would get him as the starter jock in town. After a lot of reset he appeared and I was really happy. I didn’t really care for which fruit I got or the layout. I was just happy that Jay was there. Now that I look at these picture I noticed that the train station is blue which is Jay's color 💙

tumblr_mukb59MPog1rq0la7o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mukb59MPog1rq0la7o2_400.jpg
tumblr_mukb59MPog1rq0la7o3_400.jpg
tumblr_mukb59MPog1rq0la7o4_400.jpg
tumblr_mukb59MPog1rq0la7o5_400.jpg
tumblr_mukb59MPog1rq0la7o6_400.jpg
tumblr_mukb59MPog1rq0la7o7_400.jpg
tumblr_mukb59MPog1rq0la7o8_400.jpg
tumblr_mukb59MPog1rq0la7o9_400.jpg

So Aria and Jay were together once again for another adventure but this time Aria was the mayor and Jay was ready to give his support. Jay was as excited I was around as I was to see him again in another game.

tumblr_mukbh5UlZ71rq0la7o4_400.jpg
tumblr_mukbh5UlZ71rq0la7o5_400.jpg
tumblr_mukbh5UlZ71rq0la7o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mukbh5UlZ71rq0la7o2_400.jpg
tumblr_mukbh5UlZ71rq0la7o3_400.jpg

This time around Jay relied on Aria to feed him XD I imagine he would work out so much he got hungry and without energy to get food himself he would ask Aria to get him fruit instead.

tumblr_mw9sfl8HIH1rq0la7o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mw9sfl8HIH1rq0la7o2_400.jpg

tumblr_mw9sfl8HIH1rq0la7o3_400.jpg
tumblr_mw9sfl8HIH1rq0la7o5_400.jpg
tumblr_mw9sfl8HIH1rq0la7o6_400.jpg

My town fruit was pears and yes I got him a perfect peach which didn't grow in town. I got that perfect peach for trading fruit with someone online and I stored that peach just for Jay XD. From all the residents Jay was the one who asked me for fruit the most so I still remember I didn't sell any perfect fruit I got from online trading I would always store so I could feed Jay later. The hunt for fossils now turned into the hunt and storage of fruit. :LOL:

Back