• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Its that time of the month !

Kyel said:
How long is SMG2, I hate short games, I loved SMG1 tho, so how much better is number 2
Took me about 20 hours to get everything in the game, it's fairly short. Also, while SMG2 is a lot of fun, it isn't very replayable.

I honestly think SMG was better than the sequel.

Kyel said:
How long is SMG2, I hate short games, I loved SMG1 tho, so how much better is number 2
Don't get SMG 2 then. It's a very short game, and it really isn't that fun at all. SMG was better. SMG 2 is probably the most overrated game of all time.

I'd suggest monster hunter if you like long games, as I don't think that it has an end, or something like that.

saving your money is probably the best thing to do, though, as newer games will be coming out soon, along with the 3ds and all it brings.

Kyel said:
SMG2 isn't that great. You can brush through the game in about 15 hours and that pretty much ends it. Unfortunately, the best galaxy in the game can only be unlocked by collecting ALL 240 stars, and only 120 of the stars are original. The other 120 are something called "green stars" and they take you through the same galaxies again and they're rather tedious to find/gather.

But yeah, I'd suggest Monster Hunter Tri just like everybody else.

Of the two, I think I used Monster Hunter more. MH is like a free battle game where there's no health bars, just you and your monster. It's pretty easy to get the hang of it, and many people here play it so you're set for online play.
On the other hand, Red Steel 2 is also a neat game. With wii motion plus, it makes the sword fighting quite realistic. The graphics are fun and cartoony, which gives the game a neat feel. As far as I've gotten, the story is pretty cool and there are good bosses.
I guess it's up to you, but both games will be good investments. Just remember to get a classic controller (pro if you want) if you pick up MH3, and wii motion plus if you pick up Red Steel 2.

Jami said:
Of the two, I think I used Monster Hunter more. MH is like a free battle game where there's no health bars, just you and your monster. It's pretty easy to get the hang of it, and many people here play it so you're set for online play.
On the other hand, Red Steel 2 is also a neat game. With wii motion plus, it makes the sword fighting quite realistic. The graphics are fun and cartoony, which gives the game a neat feel. As far as I've gotten, the story is pretty cool and there are good bosses.
I guess it's up to you, but both games will be good investments. Just remember to get a classic controller (pro if you want) if you pick up MH3, and wii motion plus if you pick up Red Steel 2.
No health bar?

Um, do you not see the green bar at the top of the screen? :S

FarrenTheRobot said:
Jami said:
No health bar?

Um, do you not see the green bar at the top of the screen? :S
Sorry, I meant no health bar for the monsters. You have one, but they don't.

Back