Shadow Kitty Plush
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rose Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Pavé Pink Feather
NaNoWriMo is almost here!

For those who aren't familiar,

National Novel Writing Month (often shortened to NaNoWriMo), is an annual, Internet-based creative writing project that takes place during the month of November. Participants attempt to write a 50,000 word manuscript between November 1 and November 30. Well-known authors write "pep-talks" to keep them motivated throughout the process. The website provides participants with tips for writer's block, information on where local participants are meeting, and an online community of support. NaNoWriMo focuses on the length of a work rather than the quality, encouraging writers to finish their first draft so that it can later be edited at the author's discretion. The project started in July 1999 with 21 participants. By the 2010 event, over 200,000 people took part and wrote a total of over 2.8 billion words.
-Wikipedia

I know that in the past, there have been people here who participate in this insanity endeavor. I was wondering who is planning on it this year? And if so, what are you going to work on?

This will be my 14th year, which seems crazy. I've had a couple of flame-outs (I lost 2 years), but looking at my stats, I have written a total of 611,711 words since 2005. Admittedly, most of that is rubbish and will never see the light of day, but some of it is pretty good and can be rewritten, edited, and made presentable for other eyes. Regardless, I never would have written that much without that annual deadline.

This year, I'm going to be writing the draft of the final book in a series I began in 2008. Once that's completed, I'll be able to start making sense of things and rewriting.

If anyone else is already on the site (or planning to sign up), and you'd like to add a buddy, my username there is 'squirrelly' (all lowercase). :)

Last edited:
In middle school, I was all about stuff like this and I really regret not doing it. I'd probably participate now if I was actually interested in writing such a long thing, lol.

I first found out about NaNoWriMo two years ago and last year tried to participate. Unfortunately, as I'm in college and an English major, I just couldn't find time to work on my own stuff. I graduate in early December, so I'll likely make December my replacement month. I really want to finish the science-fiction novel I've been working on over the past few years. I've put too much effort into it and its universe to get give up, though I think it will take more than a month to accomplish. lol

I'm open to discussing my work, if interested. But, I'd feel more comfortable doing so privately.

Anyway, Imbri, if you'd like another set of eyes and are open to critique, I'd be happy to help once you finish up. I'd love to hear what your story is about in this series. Do you have anything published?

Last edited:
How awesome! Nanowrimo is really great, I actually tried the challenge in my second year of high school with some friends and it was pretty fun, haha. I never tried it again though!

Off topic, this thread title made me think it would be about halloween! I'm pretty excited about that too, if you can't tell by my signature ^w^

This will be my thirteenth year participating in NaNoWriMo and my second year as municipal liaison for the Scotland: Elsewhere region. Not sure how I'm going to fit it in this year but on the other hand I've said that the past 4-5 years in a row and despite how busy I get I still somehow manage!

I had been planning to spend this November working on one of my on-going projects but then a few days ago it occurred to me this is a good opportunity to do something silly and light-hearted. I've a few concepts in mind but nothing has been properly fleshed out yet.

I already have some TBT'ers on my buddy list from previous years, but for anyone I don't have added I'm Tatsuya over on NaNoWriMo. :blush:

Back