• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Streaming Services!

SkyKnight03

elegy
Bells
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Sky Clouds Scenery
Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
Pink Heart Balloon
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
What kind of subscriptions and streaming services do you use?

We have Netflix, Peacock, Sling TV, ESPN+, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Paramount+, Disney+, and HBO MAX.

Which sounds like a lot, but my family each pays for a different service and we share the accounts.. (e.g) I pay for Sling TV and ESPN+. Formerly I subscribed for YouTube TV, but I couldn't keep up with the heavy price of $72 per month. Even the $40 per month for sling is weighing on me.

Password sharing being cracked down on will be the end of most of our subscriptions if this comes to fruition.

I have zero. Streaming services were a good idea when there were a few but now there's so many that it's just cable tv again. Having shows move streaming services or get removed entirely is just such a headache to me, and I'd be so mad if I paid for that. I remember my sister and I wanting to watch anime on netflix, only to find that Blue Exorcist season 2 was there but not season 1. They make it so annoying to do things legally lol so I just opt out entirely, for better or worse.
I just sail the seven seas for my media lol

We had a bunch of streaming services but had to cut down on most of them since it was getting too expensive. Now we have Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, the latter also having Paramount+ and StackTV.

I only use StackTV to watch Metalocalypse (it's hard to find it elsewhere since it's a discontinued and niche show) and Rick and Morty, but sometimes the episodes will be in the wrong order or straight-up missing, which definitely isn't ideal. My family uses a TV/movie pirating service for moments like this, or when we want to watch something that isn't available on what we do have.

In my opinion, streaming services are a pain, especially when you only have it for a small handful of shows and movies. (To put it into perspective, we got Paramount+ just to watch South Park. We never used it for anything else.) I think you're better off buying them outright that you can also watch offline whenever you please.

I'm pretty sure my parents have a pretty decent amount of streaming services, but I don't know which ones.
I personally don't use any of them. (Well I am probably gonna start using BBC iPlayer syo I can watch Pokemon Horizons, but I'm nyot sure they actually nyeed to pay extra for that one? I think it comes with the TV. I don't know.)

I have YouTube TV,Paramount+,Amazon Prime Video,Peacock and the Disney+ bundle which includes Disney+,Hulu and ESPN+.All these streaming services are cheaper than the cost of cable in my part of the country.I got these particular streaming services because they have the stuff I really like:Star Trek,NFL football,NHL hockey,Australian Rules Football,Disney/Pixar movies,Star Wars and a bunch of interesting old TV series.

I never got into streaming services when they were a good alternative to cable. When I finally thought about it, the business had split so many ways with handfuls of different companies that it felt like you'd be spending just as much as cable. And they keep jacking the prices every year from what I can see.

I watched an episode of Futurama at my sister's home, there were too many political prescription ads, and it looked like between the commercial cuts that it kept missing a minute of content. So that doesn't sound like a good deal if it's not the full shows in entirety.

we had prime, netflix, crunchyroll, and funimation before cancelling them all because prices kept going up and we weren't watching enough to justify continuing the subscriptions. when we do want to watch anything now, we pop in our dvds and if we don't have it, we can easily find it online somewhere 😅

we had prime, netflix, crunchyroll, and funimation before cancelling them all because prices kept going up and we weren't watching enough to justify continuing the subscriptions. when we do want to watch anything now, we pop in our dvds and if we don't have it, we can easily find it online somewhere 😅
It's the way to do it. Companies only understand the language of the wallet. Enough people stop paying and they'll have to make changes. People don't realize they have the power, but keep grumbling about the price spikes and forking it out.

Inflation caused so many food based items that I like to really hike up. I can't justify the prices anymore so I stopped. I'm just one person though so it won't make a difference, but if enough people stood their ground they'd realize they have the power.

The streaming service that I am most regularly subscribed to is Shudder. It has a good selection of horror, both older movies and newer content. I also like to watch The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs, which is akin to Joe Bob's previous TNT series MonsterVision from back in the 90s, wherein Joe Bob Briggs hosts a couple movies and gives fun and interesting trivia, commentary and tangents about the movies, the director, topics related to the movie's themes, etc. There are yearly seasons (season 6 starts at the end of this month) and sporadic specials, usually for holidays, in the off-season, so there's incentive to stick around.

I occasionally subscribe to Peacock for a month or so at a time.

I subscribe to Netflix less often than I do Peacock, maybe once every two years or so. Usually long enough to watch some particular movies or particular series they have (like when they got the rights to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean) and then dip out before the next billing date. I used to always prefer their original DVD-by-mail service because it had a superior selection of movies, though unfortunately it degraded over time due to changes like no deliveries on weekends and slower shipping due to fewer and fewer distribution centers. It was disappointing to see that half of Neflix go, though it was a shell of its former self by the end.

I got Hulu recently to watch Letterkenny and Shoresy because I got into Letterkenny when visiting my best friend back in 2022 and wanted to see the whole series. I finished them both and am going to check out some other stuff while the subscription is still active, but cancelling before the next bill date because I feel like the price for the ad-free tier is kind of ridiculous. Well, ridiculous for me who doesn't watch that many shows anyway.

Amazon Prime can be neat, but I usually only have Prime for a month for free shipping for Christmas and don't get much use out of it compared to the rest.

I used to like Crunchyroll before the Sony acquisition and merger with Funimation. I've kind of just dropped off them and would only really bother if there's something of particular interest now.

I tend to keep myself entertained through other avenues, whether it be YouTube, Twitch, podcasts, video games, whatever. I haven't had cable in well over a decade so I've not really been a person who watches series that often and have to come across something that piques by interest enough to seek out. As for movies, my state has a great library system and you can get materials (books, dvds/blu-rays, etc.) sent from other libraries across the state if the local libraries don't have it, so I tend to utilize that. As such, I don't tend to feel much drive to check out many streaming services, so I haven't really experienced any of the rest.

My parents and I have Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Paramount+, and Disney+ and Starz. I honestly don’t really use any of them nowadays since I’m not in the mood to watch shows or movies all that often. I’m also not happy with the companies or their stances on certain things, so I don’t really feel comfortable using any of them now. We’re still subscribed to them because my parents are the ones who pay for them, and they use them frequently, so I don’t get a say.

I’m kind of interested in subscribing to Crave for Love & Death, but there are probably other places I can watch it for free.

I have zero. Streaming services were a good idea when there were a few but now there's so many that it's just cable tv again. Having shows move streaming services or get removed entirely is just such a headache to me, and I'd be so mad if I paid for that. I remember my sister and I wanting to watch anime on netflix, only to find that Blue Exorcist season 2 was there but not season 1. They make it so annoying to do things legally lol so I just opt out entirely, for better or worse.
I just sail the seven seas for my media lol

Also - Sometimes the delay to get a new season is awful.

I wanted to watch season 5 of Better Call Saul with my mom. We got tired of waiting for Netflix and ended up purchasing it for $20 instead from Amazon.

It was added on Netflix a full two years later. Ridiculous.

We have Netflix, Disney Plus and Amazon Prime. I usually watch Prime because it has the most movies I'm interested in.

Netflix, Disney+, Paramount+ (worst performance/interface of all of them), Discovery+ (sooo much content), Prime, Crave.

my dad has an amazon prime i mooch off of for prime video rarely. my brother in law lets me use his plex account, but i don't ever really.

I'm only paying for one and it's Crunchyroll. I had the other anime service (HIDIVE), but cancel that one after a few weeks (may try them again) and Disney + for like a month to watch an old 😞show I grew up on. But I could just find that somewhere else.... or buy them from Amazon for about a $2.99 USD per episode. However, the episode that was originally banned isn't in their lineup...

The other one is Netflix, but it's my mom's account.

Last edited:
My wife and I use my mother-in-law's Disney+ and Amazon Prime Video. We use my brother-in-laws Max. We were using my mother-in-law's Netflix until the password sharing kicked us out. So we don't pay for anything :ROFLMAO: whatever we can't get... 🏴‍☠️

I have Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video (+ Starz), Peacock, Max, Hulu, Funination, Plex, and Paramount+ all through the generosity of various family members. The only service I personally pay for is Netflix; it used to be free through T-Mobile but with all the price hikes they started making customers pay the difference unless you move to the most expensive phone plan. I only have streaming services no cable tv so I definitely use them all to a certain extent, but not sure which one I use the most. If password sharing ends up happening across all streaming services I will have to reevaluate what I’m willing to pay for and what I don’t need.

Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video and Paramount+ are the only streaming services I have alongside Sky (satellite TV) which is more than enough for anything I want to watch both now and in the future.

I now use Tubi. Quite a few movies can be found on the service and it’s all free. I managed to watch some movies on the service that I’ve wanted to watch for awhile now but didn’t want to pay to own or rent on other services. They also have some tv shows as well and currently have several of the Scooby Doo shows. So if you want to see Scooby Doo and Guess Who without paying for HBO Max, Tubi is where you need to go.

I have Netflix & Hulu (came with Spotify student pricing). My parents used to have Paramount+, but there's not much we were interested in so that was cancelled. I won't keep Hulu after my student status is up, so I'll only have Netflix and occasionally I'll subscribe to another service for a month or two if there are things I want to see. The only one I've never cancelled is Netflix & I just like to have one constant source of entertainment lol.

Back