• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Island Madness - Signups Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinoTown

Festive Fossil
Bells
Switch
5672-8488-5007
Island
Archaia
Mailbox
🌴ISLAND MADNESS🌴
On a beautiful summer's evening, you sit in a deckchair in your yard, cold drink in hand, staring out onto the ocean as the sun goes down. The windows to your house are open, and inside you left on the radio. Your favourite K.K. Slider song is playing, drifting out into the evening air and mingling with the other sounds of the island. Moving to this island was the best choice you could have possibly made. Life is good.

Then, the peace is broken by a familiar crackling noise of the town hall loudspeaker. You set your drink down, turning to look towards the building, which isn't too far from your home. There's never announcements to be made past noon - what could be so important now?

"H-Hello, e-everyone..." Isabelle's voice comes on. She sounds nervous. "Mr N-Nook has requested that all of you please come to the plaza for a v-very important c-community meeting. He k-knows where you all live, so he e-expects everyone to be here in f-five minutes. P-please... hurry."

The loudspeaker shuts off.

==============================================================
Here is your warning now.
This game is an experimental set-up.
This takes a version of Mafia known as 'Madness' which drops clues to the killer in the flavours. It is a game designed for large groups of players in a Discord-based setting. It has been modified to work better for the smaller TBT forums, but that is not a 100% guarantee that this game will work well.

Second warning: This isn't role madness. Roles are (mostly) normal.

So what is this game? It's a game where the story or 'flavour' of a mafia game is important. Instead of being something short to find the role of the recently deceased, the story is detailed and includes a clue as to who the killer was. In order for this to work, you each need to be a character. Given these forums, you will each be an Animal Crossing villager for your character. And, as a bonus, you get to pick!
Mafia is a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority. To elaborate, the game is typically divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town players on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Town than Mafia. The objective of the game is for Town to eliminate by killing or lynching all the Mafia before it is too late. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day revolves around voting for a player to be lynched. Night is reserved for the Mafia to make their kills.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.
written by Dad
Welcome to TBT Mafia. Mafia is a game of the informed minority versus the uninformed majority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Townies than Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.w

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavor. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

written by KarlaGB

-As a general explanation, each kill in this game will be described as a story which may or may not include a clue as to who the killer is. Each of you play a character - your character is public, so you cannot lie about this factor. I am aware of the forums we are on and can assure you that none of the stories given will be much more graphic than a Tom and Jerry episode, however, please do be aware that it will still involve several short stories about death.
-No editing posts, no spamming, no personal insults, no out of thread communication, the usual stuff.
-Day will be 48 hours, night will be 24. Thread is locked at night. EoD/EoN will be at 8pm GMT/4pm EST.
-I am hoping for at least 13 players but am open to as many as possible.
-One post of substance is required per cycle, as is voting. Failing to meet these requirements will result in a warning. As a reminder, voting to abstain is an option.
-The set-up for this game is semi-open. A list of possible roles is shown below: (Note not all roles may be in the final game)
Town Roles
-Regular Townie
-Alignment Cop
-Doctor - cannot heal same person twice in a row
-One-Shot vigilante
-Lucky - the lucky will survive a night attack without the aid of a doctor one time. After this, the lucky becomes a regular townie

Mafia Roles
-Regular Goon
-Godfather
-Mafia-aligned Role Cop
-Blackmailer - a blackmailed person's vote will not be included in the final vote tally of the day.
-To sign up, please quote any part of the mafia guidelines as recently posted by the site mods, as well as give the name of the villager you would like to play as. Please pick an animal, non-special NPC character.
-

Players:
1. FinalArcadia (Lolly)
2. Voltairenism (Coco)
3. Dedenne (Anhka)
4. Ace Marvel (Colton)
5. guav@ (Monique)
6. Alek (Stitches)
7. Damniel (Vesta)
8. MyLifeIsCake (Cherry)
9. Dinosaurz (Pietro)
10. Hikari (Poncho)
11. Geoni (Dobie)
12. Epona (Whitney)
13. glow (Daisy)
14. shawo (Raymond)

Replacements:

Observers:
-Sheep Villager
-Ronishy
-Admiral Sven
-FyreNyx
-Heyden

Last edited:
4 people said they'd be interested in this - anyone else? I'll likely open sign-ups for real nearer the end of the week but would be good to have a general idea of who might join

4 people said they'd be interested in this - anyone else? I'll likely open sign-ups for real nearer the end of the week but would be good to have a general idea of who might join
Try dming ppl on discord

I am interested!!
please ping me in sign ups tho if It goes ahead
Post automatically merged:

Oops a bit late from When the thread was made lmao

/in

Posts that imply violence toward another user (beyond an in-game elimination) or make discriminatory remarks against another user's character are not permitted on TBT.
also I'd like to choose Lolly for a villager if we're doing that, she's my fave

Break is over I guess, I just miss playing with you so much /in
I made it almost 3 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back