Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Raymond is very, very good at dusting. Nothing was spared.
june1-ray-cleaninghouse-tile.jpg

Look who popped into the Roost! 😁 It was only 3 months ago when Resetti showed up for the first time.
june2-roost-resetti-thisheat.jpg

I'd do that too if I could! The heat has been infernal. Being one degree off the Equator is not a good idea. 🥵
june2-roost-resetti-iwontheresetgame-tile.jpg

Does life need a reset button? This is like asking, if you could go back in time, what would you change or say to your younger self? Well, I don't want a reset button. Or to go back in time to correct mistakes. I mean, what's the point? Is someone keeping score? Does it matter? What's done is done. I've made some terrible decisions and I'll live with the consequences. I don't want to go back. I don't know if I'm being cynical or nihilistic. Or just plain lazy and unadventurous. Or all of the above. 🤪😑🙄

Finally I got around to redecorating Marshal's home. I wanted a complete change from what he had before, which I felt was too dark and serious. This is a brighter room with colourful accents in the fabrics. The decor would feel completely different if you simply changed the pattern used. It can be a seasonal thing. 🤔
marshal-decorredo-tile.jpg

I'd completely forgotten that islanders will still wish you a belated happy birthday if you missed talking to them on your actual birthday. Wendy made me smile. I'm glad I saved a cupcake for her. 😊
june16-birthday-belated1.jpg

She is the sweetest. (And I think this means I can't ever let her leave the island! 😉 )
june16-birthday-belated2.jpg

Speaking of happy birthdays, I love my birthday presents from the husband and kid. I have one box opened on my table right now and I'm taking my own sweet time putting everything together. ♥️

Island hopping will happen in a couple of days! I'm excited. I don't have anyone in mind I want to meet. Maybe a frog? I will miss Sylvana, my little mochacchino. She has been a joy and a friend.
june17-sylvana-moving1.jpg

An updated map I'd been meaning to make. It's an unexciting layout but I love my island because it has everything I like! The single tile-wide meandering paths to go with the rustic mood have not changed. But I did move the campsite, the bamboo grove and Marshal's home. I dug out a curvy river to enclose an area where I grew placed glowing moss balloons. My island is 100% fence-free because I don't like fences telling me where to walk. 🤪
june18-myislandmap-b.jpg
Here's a snap of Shino enjoying the sudden good weather. It has been very gloomy and rainy this past week.
june17-shino-lookinggood1.jpg

Island-hopping happened! I think I spent more than 30 tickets in total. Here are some of the animals I met.
june19-islandhop-tile.jpg

Audie and Merengue usually turn up on my island-hopping trips. But I have no interest in either of them. Surprisingly, I met Rolf, who used to live with us. Harry the hippo turned up twice. I was actually hoping for a frog like Ribbot, Croque, Drift or Gigi but, nope, I didn't have enough luck for any of them. I did invite one of the above animals to Littlestar though. 😊

Back