Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Fuchsia and Raymond were playing together at the plaza. :giggle: (That green top Raymond is wearing is a gift from Tangy that I helped deliver. I'm not sure if I want to continue delivering packages. :unsure: )
ray-fuchsia-plaza2-b.jpg

Gifting my islanders is something I enjoy doing. Most of the time I give them non-native fruit. Sometimes it's a shirt or furniture. Like everyone else, I learned through my mistakes. One hard lesson is to never give a male resident an outfit that includes pants, because those pants will disappear and the rest of it will turn into a dress. o_O Also, look at Dom. He always kisses any fruit I give him. :p:ROFLMAO:
giving-montage2.jpg

Usually it's Wolfgang sitting in that rocking chair, reading a book and getting completely absorbed in it, oblivious to anyone in the vicinity. I believe this is the first time I've seen Raymond in it. He does seem to be enjoying himself in the sun, doesn't he? I want to pet him on the head so badly.
ray13.jpg

So Dom and Mathilda were having a tongue-twister battle. Dom lost. He was so frustrated! With me watching, he said he deserved another chance, he would crush the next one with his tongue-fu ( ... :ROFLMAO: ) and Mathilda agreed wearily to another contest. And this is what happened.
dom-twist8.jpg

dom-twist9.jpg

dom-twist10.jpg

dom-twist11.jpg

dom-twist12.jpg

Most people seem to think Coco is creepy-looking. I can see why. Personally though, I like her design. She looks pretty special. Not creepy at all. Just not as cute as most players seem to prefer their villagers. But I also think, if only Coco had the smug personality instead of the normal! She's too meek as a normal. The normal personality is so unexciting in New Horizons, that I actually have trouble bonding with normal villagers no matter how attractive or special their design looks to me. I don't recall having this experience playing Wild World and New Leaf. 🤨
coco-walk-b.jpg

With the new update, we can get dreaming and travelling! I love being able to visit other islands in dreams and take photographs of them. I'll be perfectly candid: All the islands I'll be visiting will all be way more gorgeous than mine! I also look forward to seeing animal islanders I don't have on my own island.

Today, I visited 3 dream islands but I'll highlight just one. Which is @craftyshack's 5-star island of Pluton. It's Asian-themed. A beautiful island at dawn.
dreaming1-b.jpg

This bridge looks amazing. It's one of my favourite scenic spots for picture-taking!
craftyshackisland-pluton-9-b.jpg

With the early morning breeze chasing cherry blossom petals, I felt like I had travelled back to spring, to a time and place where life is slow and contemplative.
craftyshackisland-pluton-7-b.jpg

This is Pluton's dream address: DA-1114-0753-5738.

Last edited:
Fuchsia sings. A lot. (And I can never walk past a singing islander without stopping to listen for a while.) The only other constant singer on my island is Tangy. Oddly enough, I've never seen them sing together. Even when they're singing at the plaza at the same time, they're standing far apart and singing different songs! I wonder why. 😅
fuchsia-sings1-b.jpg

Today, I fell asleep and dreamt of the island of Hitokui. It's Japanese for cannibalism. And I've decided that, for all my future nightmares, I will wear a super non-nightmarish outfit such as this. I sometimes fail at cute. I know.
me2.jpg

I liked Hitokui. Much more than the well-known horror island of Aika. Hitokui doesn't restrict your movements, forcing you into a prescribed path that the island creator of Aika must feel best tells Aika's story. If you visit Hitokui, be sure to look inside all the player houses. I had such fun exploring the rooms! If you don't read Japanese though, you'll not understand what the player characters are saying. For instance: "Are you here to buy meat?" "Who is that standing behind you?" "You look delicious." "You'll never escape from this island."
hitokui-island3.jpg

This is Hitokui's dream address: DA-4088-8875-3480.

I love fireworks. The excitement of anticipation, the explosion of colours, the way everything lights up in that split second... love it all. Tonight's fireworks made me smile so much, my face aches now. :LOL:
fireworks61.jpg

Too many screenshots were taken in search of the perfect one! Mostly I love the cascading fireworks. And the strobe-light effect of a sudden shower of millions of tiny golden sparkles lighting up the night sky is simply mesmerizing. I couldn't look away.
fireworks51.jpg

fireworks7-b.jpg

I like ice-cream. I like looking at it and eating it. And now the game has made me realize that I also like seeing my islanders with ice-cream. If only they'd give me one, too. Any flavour. I'm not picky at all. :p
coco2-b.jpg

I hope comments are okay but I love your journal! I get a tiny bit excited every day when I get a ping that you've posted your daily picture. I don't know why, I just find this a particularly delightful journal I guess.​

I hope comments are okay but I love your journal! I get a tiny bit excited every day when I get a ping that you've posted your daily picture. I don't know why, I just find this a particularly delightful journal I guess.

Thank you for the kind words! You should see this big silly grin on my face now.

So good to know you're enjoying seeing my journal as much as I'm enjoying making screenshots and posting them here. It's fun for me. I love seeing what my islanders are up to every day. For me, playing AC has always been about the animals and interacting with them. I'm not much of a room decorator or custom creator. But I think my love of photography in real life carries over to making screenshots in this game. And AC has never looked better!

I cannot see myself ever asking any of these 3 yoga enthusiasts to leave my island. I talk to them every day. Claude, in particular, has a special spot in my heart. He's one of my 5 original islanders, and the last one remaining. I never had Claude in New Leaf. And if opinion polls are anything to go by, he's among the least popular rabbits. Well, I can't explain it myself. I love Claude for Claude, not for being a rabbit or a lazy. He's just super special to me. I remember one time, when I couldn't find him, and I panicked. I ran around my island in a frenzy, convinced there's a horrible glitch, if I couldn't find Claude I'd be never-before-super-upset. You cannot imagine the relief I felt when I eventually found him. If I could hug any islander just once, I would've hugged him. ❤
doingmayoga-b.jpg

Back