• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Raymond is very, very good at dusting. Nothing was spared.
june1-ray-cleaninghouse-tile.jpg

Look who popped into the Roost! 😁 It was only 3 months ago when Resetti showed up for the first time.
june2-roost-resetti-thisheat.jpg

I'd do that too if I could! The heat has been infernal. Being one degree off the Equator is not a good idea. 🥵
june2-roost-resetti-iwontheresetgame-tile.jpg

Does life need a reset button? This is like asking, if you could go back in time, what would you change or say to your younger self? Well, I don't want a reset button. Or to go back in time to correct mistakes. I mean, what's the point? Is someone keeping score? Does it matter? What's done is done. I've made some terrible decisions and I'll live with the consequences. I don't want to go back. I don't know if I'm being cynical or nihilistic. Or just plain lazy and unadventurous. Or all of the above. 🤪😑🙄

Finally I got around to redecorating Marshal's home. I wanted a complete change from what he had before, which I felt was too dark and serious. This is a brighter room with colourful accents in the fabrics. The decor would feel completely different if you simply changed the pattern used. It can be a seasonal thing. 🤔
marshal-decorredo-tile.jpg

I'd completely forgotten that islanders will still wish you a belated happy birthday if you missed talking to them on your actual birthday. Wendy made me smile. I'm glad I saved a cupcake for her. 😊
june16-birthday-belated1.jpg

She is the sweetest. (And I think this means I can't ever let her leave the island! 😉 )
june16-birthday-belated2.jpg

Speaking of happy birthdays, I love my birthday presents from the husband and kid. I have one box opened on my table right now and I'm taking my own sweet time putting everything together. ♥️

Island hopping will happen in a couple of days! I'm excited. I don't have anyone in mind I want to meet. Maybe a frog? I will miss Sylvana, my little mochacchino. She has been a joy and a friend.
june17-sylvana-moving1.jpg

An updated map I'd been meaning to make. It's an unexciting layout but I love my island because it has everything I like! The single tile-wide meandering paths to go with the rustic mood have not changed. But I did move the campsite, the bamboo grove and Marshal's home. I dug out a curvy river to enclose an area where I grew placed glowing moss balloons. My island is 100% fence-free because I don't like fences telling me where to walk. 🤪
june18-myislandmap-b.jpg
Here's a snap of Shino enjoying the sudden good weather. It has been very gloomy and rainy this past week.
june17-shino-lookinggood1.jpg

Island-hopping happened! I think I spent more than 30 tickets in total. Here are some of the animals I met.
june19-islandhop-tile.jpg

Audie and Merengue usually turn up on my island-hopping trips. But I have no interest in either of them. Surprisingly, I met Rolf, who used to live with us. Harry the hippo turned up twice. I was actually hoping for a frog like Ribbot, Croque, Drift or Gigi but, nope, I didn't have enough luck for any of them. I did invite one of the above animals to Littlestar though. 😊

Back