Island full of empty space, struggling with what to use it for. Please help!

Akira-chan

#1 Yuri/Dimitri Stan
Bells
Switch
3314-2422-2051
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Pink Hybrid Lily
New Leaf Token
Flea
White Lily
Red Lily
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
July Birthstone (Ruby)
I have a bunch of leftover space and no idea what to use most of it for...
ooogabogoos (1).png

this is what my island looks like rn, areas with text are already used. areas circled in red are not being used. i'm having a hard time thinking about what to do with all this leftover space :(
i also feel like my town is too flat as well, and i'm not sure where else to add hills.

any criticism would help, and if you really want to, you can stop by and judge my island. anything helps!

I’m not super experienced with landscaping (no patience for it), but I think you could definitely make some cliffs in that upper right corner, and the water already there could make some cool waterfalls! The area also seems kind of secluded, so maybe make it a bamboo grove of sorts, with pond stones or other decorations?

Hi! It really depends on what you want to go for! I love cliffs so my island actually has a large amount and still growing too!

Things I've done to try to fill space is: create makeshift restaurant areas, create a large garden/park, create a "mermaid" cove and beach relax/party areas/fishing area
Post automatically merged:

I have a bunch of leftover space and no idea what to use most of it for...

If you want to come visit to grab some ideas let me know :) Everything is still under development though XD

Last edited:
I’m not super experienced with landscaping (no patience for it), but I think you could definitely make some cliffs in that upper right corner, and the water already there could make some cool waterfalls! The area also seems kind of secluded, so maybe make it a bamboo grove of sorts, with pond stones or other decorations?
i was planing on making a bamboo esc forrest there but i wanna had some cliffs but im not sure how to format them... something zen like is a good idea tho! i have alot left over from sakura season.

Hi! It really depends on what you want to go for! I love cliffs so my island actually has a large amount and still growing too!

Things I've done to try to fill space is: create makeshift restaurant areas, create a large garden/park, create a "mermaid" cove and beach relax/party areas/fishing area

If you want to come visit to grab some ideas let me know :) Everything is still under development though XD
could you give me an example of a restaurant area? that wouldn't be a bad idea to put near my market/plaza

i was planing on making a bamboo esc forrest there but i wanna had some cliffs but im not sure how to format them... something zen like is a good idea tho! i have alot left over from sakura season.

could you give me an example of a restaurant area? that wouldn't be a bad idea to put near my market/plaza

Sure! Give me one moment to upload to PC

Here are some pics of my Japanese influenced restaurant and my island map. I still need to buy a lot before it's finished XD

Last edited:
I saw a TikTok where it was a tutorial on how to make a heart shaped pond! Its a 5x5 pond c:

Sure! Give me one moment to upload to PC

Here are some pics of my Japanese influenced restaurant and my island map. I still need to buy a lot before it's finished XD
woah!!! i really like what you did with the stalls, i might have to do that 👀

I saw a TikTok where it was a tutorial on how to make a heart shaped pond! Its a 5x5 pond c:
i did find something simmlar online and i did that in the uper right corner of my island but bigger. its a really cute idea but like, im not sure what else to add around it aaaa

woah!!! i really like what you did with the stalls, i might have to do that 👀

i did find something simmlar online and i did that in the uper right corner of my island but bigger. its a really cute idea but like, im not sure what else to add around it aaaa
Im putting hybrids (lilys and roses) around mine and was maybe gonna add a bench or romantic themed items? I havent decided yet. Ive been looking at ideas and now im jealous that Im not as creative as others, LOL!

maybe a little outdoor cafe or chill area in that space by the entrance? maybe a fountain and some benches?

Im putting hybrids (lilys and roses) around mine and was maybe gonna add a bench or romantic themed items? I havent decided yet. Ive been looking at ideas and now im jealous that Im not as creative as others, LOL!
me too lol, i have a few hybrids going rn and i might put it around the pond, but i feel like it would be too flat without some hills somewhere. i wish i had more iron garden DIY 😖 i feel like that would improve it too

maybe a little outdoor cafe or chill area in that space by the entrance? maybe a fountain and some benches?
A cafe sounds nice and i am going to do that stall idea from ealier but im not sure if theres food items in this game. and im lacking a lot of diy

oh and ill be online today if anyone would like to tour and give me some advice !

Since you have a lot of beach space, maybe a Tiki bar would help? It would require maybe hunting down the Palm Tree Light or some shell recipes. I have a lot of fun making beach areas! The volleyball with the soccer net is a good combo for some messed up beach sports.

Also, a fun cheap little thing would be to make a campfire with four log stools around it next to a palm tree. S'more area!

Back