• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is XD: Gale of Darkness worth it?

Bacon Boy said:
I've wanted it for a while and I wanted to know if it was worth the money.
Well, when I had it I loved it. How much is it to buy?

MrMr said:
Bacon Boy said:
$20 now. Actually free for me because I have a $20 coupon from buying SMG2.

I would get it the gamecube ones were good I only played Xd Gale of darkness once but I really liked Colosseum thus I was looking for Darkness a few months ago but could not find it :(
So if you can find it I would totally buy it!

No don't buy it
But colosseum.
Even though XD was recent. I loved colosseum more.

I own colosseum. It's great. But I've always wanted to try Gale of Darkness, I just don't know if I should or not.

its good, but I had more fun playing colloseum. I dont even know why.

The best part about colloseum was connecting your GBA games with it and playing computers who had super hax good pokemons.

But on the other hand, if youre training pokemon to level 100, XD is by far the easiest way in any single pokemon game (gamecube or not) to level up. They have this thing where every pokemon is level 70ish and you fight over and over. Plus having double battles means you can have one lv 100 and one lv 5 and use something like waterspout to decimate the other team while training your weak pokemon.

I'd go for it. I've never played it, but my friend has it and she had a blast with it! ^w^

Plus, it's free. >8D

If you have the patience to play the game like a true trainer then yes, it is.

Bacon Boy said:
MrMr said:
Bacon Boy said:
$20 now. Actually free for me because I have a $20 coupon from buying SMG2.
I was actually thinking of buying it also, It looks pretty cool. :)

i hated colosseum.. simply because of the shadow pokemon thing.

but i probably played it wrong.

i'd say get something else. you could probably get it used at gamestop for 50% less than that, at least. unless it really was good. meh.

Back